Tithing: Is it Biblical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
    The book to the HEBREWS was NOT written to the body of Christ. It was written to .... the HEBREWS.
    The book of Hebrews may have been written for the Hebrews, but specifically Christian Hebrews and those who the author was hoping to convert. In other words, it teaches of Christ regardless of who it was written for, and it teaches that Christ is our priest.

That fact does not change based on the audience because the job of the priest was to take on the burden of sin from the sinner, which is what Jesus does for those who've accepted him. So how then can Jesus be a priest for those who've rejected him? Clearly Jesus is the believer's priest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
      Malachi 3:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
      8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
      We are free from the curse. Don't you believe that?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedm View Post
        The book of Hebrews may have been written for the Hebrews, but specifically Christian Hebrews and those who the author was hoping to convert. In other words, it teaches of Christ regardless of who it was written for, and it teaches that Christ is our priest.
        No, it does NOT teach Christ "as our priest" with regards to the body of Christ.

It teaches Christ "as their priest" with regard to the nation of Israel and the promises made specifically to them.

Perhaps you'd like to attempt an answer as to why Paul, the apostle of the gentiles, never ONCE uses the words "priest" nor "priesthood" in ANY of his epistles. If "Christ is our priest" (and by OUR, I'm referring specifically to the body of Christ), then why does Paul never mention that in ANY of his THIRTEEN epistles. Seems like of glaring omission.

That fact does not change based on the audience because the job of the priest was to take on the burden of sin from the sinner, which is what Jesus does for those who've accepted him. So how then can Jesus be a priest for those who've rejected him? Clearly Jesus is the believer's priest.
        Your logic is completely faulty. You do not understand the dispensations of God. You do not understand the promises that God made to Israel. You do not understand Christ according to the revelation of the mystery.
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

We are free from the curse. Don't you believe that?
          What is the curse in giving to God?
          He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
            What is the curse in giving to God?
            The curse is not in giving to God. The curse is in trying to obey the law.

Galatians 3:10
            For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Comment

No, it does NOT teach Christ "as our priest" with regards to the body of Christ.

It teaches Christ "as their priest" with regard to the nation of Israel and the promises made specifically to them.

Perhaps you'd like to attempt an answer as to why Paul, the apostle of the gentiles, never ONCE uses the words "priest" nor "priesthood" in ANY of his epistles. If "Christ is our priest" (and by OUR, I'm referring specifically to the body of Christ), then why does Paul never mention that in ANY of his THIRTEEN epistles. Seems like of glaring omission.

Your logic is completely faulty. You do not understand the dispensations of God. You do not understand the promises that God made to Israel. You do not understand Christ according to the revelation of the mystery.
              It looks like we're approaching this question with two completely different view points. My view is that only believers are citizens of Israel, and that the promises God made were made to those same believers. Non-believers have been broken off and are no longer worthy of the promises, regardless of genealogy.

Perhaps we should discuss that in another thread.

Comment

The book to the HEBREWS was NOT written to the body of Christ. It was written to .... the HEBREWS.
                Tell me, how can you claim that Jesus is the high priest for unbelievers? They've rejected him, and therefore they were cut off.

Isn't that like telling a hockey player that you are his coach after he's been cut from the team? Wouldn't you only be the coach for those who are still on the team?

The unbelieving Jews still believe in earthly priests. Does it not matter what they believe? Does not their belief directly disregard the role of Christ as priest?

Comment

Tell me, how can you claim that Jesus is the high priest for unbelievers?
                  Simple. He doesn't claim that.

Comment

It looks like we're approaching this question with two completely different view points. My view is that only believers are citizens of Israel, and that the promises God made were made to those same believers. Non-believers have been broken off and are no longer worthy of the promises, regardless of genealogy.
                    Your view is confused and does not take scripture seriously.

The body of Christ is not Israel and Israel is not the body of Christ.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Tell me, how can you claim that Jesus is the high priest for unbelievers? They've rejected him, and therefore they were cut off.
                      Don't try to twist what I'm saying. That's dishonest.

The body of Christ is distinct from the nation of Israel. The body of Christ has no priesthood whatsoever.

Isn't that like telling a hockey player that you are his coach after he's been cut from the team? Wouldn't you only be the coach for those who are still on the team?

The unbelieving Jews still believe in earthly priests. Does it not matter what they believe? Does not their belief directly disregard the role of Christ as priest?
                      Once again, you do not understand the difference between the body of Christ and the nation of Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                        Simple. He doesn't claim that.
                        Then who is he the high priest for?

Comment

Your view is confused and does not take scripture seriously.

The body of Christ is not Israel and Israel is not the body of Christ.
                          First of all, please don't tell me that I don't take scripture seriously. I take it extremely seriously. Secondly, the scriptures prove that Israel and the body of Christ are one and the same. It seems you just haven't come to that conclusion yet, but as I said, that topic deserves its own thread.

Comment

Don't try to twist what I'm saying. That's dishonest.

The body of Christ is distinct from the nation of Israel. The body of Christ has no priesthood whatsoever.

Once again, you do not understand the difference between the body of Christ and the nation of Israel.
                            I used to think as you do. Now I understand that there is no difference between the Israel of God and the body of Christ. They are one and the same. The Israel of the United Nations however (that nation in the middle east that goes by the same name), that is something completely unrelated and irrelevant in regards to the plan of God.

Comment

First of all, please don't tell me that I don't take scripture seriously. I take it extremely seriously.
                              When you really do, I will stop saying that.

Secondly, the scriptures prove that Israel and the body of Christ are one and the same.
                              Absolutely and completely false.

It seems you just haven't come to that conclusion yet, but as I said, that topic deserves its own thread.

I know the scripture, therefore I will not "come to that conclusion".

Comment

You do not understand the promises that God made to Israel.
                                Don't you believe that the promises were made to Jesus? This is what Paul tells us.

Galatians 3:16
                                Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

If we agree that the promises were made to the Israel of God, then does this not show that Israel and Christ are one and the same? Or do you not believe what Paul is saying above?

Comment

Working...
                                X