Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all our righteousnesses filthy rags or not?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    Well that isn't exactly suffering as those who laid the foundation suffered for being an apostle.

    The apostles faced beatings and jail and death daily.
    They still do today!

    https://www.christianitytoday.com/ne...r-prayers.html

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
      You are not suffering to the point of death.

      Why are you trying to mock Jesus who says his works are light and easy?

      How hard is it for you to repent of your sins and to forgive others?

      Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

      1 John 5:3
      For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,
      Oh how I love the Word of God!

      Do not just read the word do it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
        Yes, I believe the word of Jesus Christ. Now how does that fit in with we must carry His cross and and suffer?
        By the way, why do you say we must carry Jesus' cross?
        Oh how I love the Word of God!

        Do not just read the word do it.

        Comment


        • 1 Peter 3:14
          But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

          Do not just read the word do it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
            You are not suffering to the point of death.

            Why are you trying to mock Jesus who says his works are light and easy?

            How hard is it for you to repent of your sins and to forgive others?

            Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

            1 John 5:3
            For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,
            I did not say I was suffering unto the point of death. I am blessed by God who saved me from an alcoholic death over twenty-eight years ago. If you read the web site I sent you would know there are many Christians in this world who are suffering for their Faith. Now tell about how the light burden works for them. I believe in the Word of God. So I am asking how that works for them. I am still thinking on it.

            No one can go through what our Lord Jesus went through. The Son of God innocent being crucified on the Cross for us. Therefore whatever Christians go through may never have such a burden.

            I have repented of my sins and continue to amend my life. I ask for God's mercy and love everyday. I am blessed to have such a loving Father. I have forgiven and work at loving those who I am not to happy with over the death of my wife. But I must forgive and love. I also believe in not judging others for I know not what they go through. God is the Judge.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
              By the way, why do you say we must carry Jesus' cross?
              "And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:27).

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
                "And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:27).
                You said carry "His cross".
                Oh how I love the Word of God!

                Do not just read the word do it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
                  I did not say I was suffering unto the point of death. I am blessed by God who saved me from an alcoholic death over twenty-eight years ago. If you read the web site I sent you would know there are many Christians in this world who are suffering for their Faith. Now tell about how the light burden works for them. I believe in the Word of God. So I am asking how that works for them. I am still thinking on it.

                  No one can go through what our Lord Jesus went through. The Son of God innocent being crucified on the Cross for us. Therefore whatever Christians go through may never have such a burden.

                  I have repented of my sins and continue to amend my life. I ask for God's mercy and love everyday. I am blessed to have such a loving Father. I have forgiven and work at loving those who I am not to happy with over the death of my wife. But I must forgive and love. I also believe in not judging others for I know not what they go through. God is the Judge.
                  I am so sad to hear that about your wife.

                  So are you just questioning how Jesus can say his works are light and easy and not burdensome, yet people have hard times in life?
                  Oh how I love the Word of God!

                  Do not just read the word do it.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X