Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Affleck View Post
    You didn't answer the question.

Of course I don't think that those who were physically beheaded were figuratively beheaded.
    I am trying to understand your point of departure into figurative fulfillment in a portion of scripture that you claim must have a physical fulfillment. Is it possible, for example, that no one who was beheaded for Christ will be on that list because they fail other requirements?

No one does things without a reason. I am simply trying to pinpoint the reason. Whether I agree with it or not is not the point.
    You've gone so far off the rails that I don't think that I can communicate with you.

The first resurrection is a RESURRECTION.... it is not "being born again" per other parts of scripture. Those "born again" passages are allegorical. Resurrection is literally a raising from physical death. Like Jesus was resurrected.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      You've gone so far off the rails that I don't think that I can communicate with you.

The first resurrection is a RESURRECTION.... it is not "being born again" per other parts of scripture. Those "born again" passages are allegorical. Resurrection is literally a raising from physical death. Like Jesus was resurrected.
      That's fine, I understand your position on that.
      And I understand that you believe some will be resurrected to earth to reign with Christ for the millennium.
      That is not the question.

The question is why, in a passage that you are interpreting as having a physical fulfillment, do you take some of the passage in a figurative sense.
      Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

That's fine, I understand your position on that.
        And I understand that you believe some will be resurrected to earth to reign with Christ for the millennium.
        That is not the question.

The question is why, in a passage that you are interpreting as having a physical fulfillment, do you take some of the passage in a figurative sense.
        Again, I am NOT doing that at all!

I'm taking it to be representative of a larger group.

Do think that every single believer that dies during the great tribulation will be beheaded?

The kingdom of Christ will exist physically on the earth, just like the Bible says that it will. Here is an example of Christ promising people material blessings in the kingdom:

Mat 19:27-29 KJV Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? (28) And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (29) And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

duplicate
          Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

Again, I am NOT doing that at all!

I'm taking it to be representative of a larger group.
            OK, so what is your justification, within this passage, that allows you to do that?

Do think that every single believer that dies during the great tribulation will be beheaded?
            I never said that so, no. Is your criteria for those who reign with Christ for 1000 years that they all have in common that they went through the great tribulation?

The kingdom of Christ will exist physically on the earth, just like the Bible says that it will. Here is an example of Christ promising people material blessings in the kingdom:

Mat 19:27-29 KJV Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? (28) And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (29) And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
            You don't need to convince me of blessing in the kingdom. We are in agreement about most of that except for the timing.

But, in this passage you have quoted, Jesus tells specific members of His following, including Peter, that they will sit on only 12 thrones and judge Israel. Does this mean that they will return so they can go through the great tribulation? and if there are only 12 thrones, does this mean there will only be 12 of them?

Comment

The body of Christ would be all believers today. The body will be caught away, as Paul says.

"your confirmed belief" about the first resurrection is completely false.

The passage that I showed you explains what the first resurrection is:

Rev 20:4-6 KJV And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Take off your blinder and read it like it says. They were people that had been murdered and were alive again in the millennial kingdom.
              Patience for these things brother. Anyone that doesn't know one thing, doesn't know another. For the most part, many of us in church grew up being told not to worry about it, "it'll happen, then you'll know." The problem with that is 1) some of us are/were far behind on eschatology and 2) that we weren't reading our bibles well (Jesus gave purposeful instructions about future events).

Such left us woefully behind and some still need to catch up (my two cents).

In this, it'd be helpful, I think, to explain with bullets or numbers thus:

1) Apostles (Disciples), martyrs and priests raised.
              2) Gentiles not raised until the 1000 years (whenever it starts).
              3) Jesus returns
              4) Second resurrection of everybody else (or however any particular group sees this).

It helps me in my understanding, and it helps me convey a bit clearer (the rest of my four cents).

In Him -Lon
              My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
              Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
              Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
              Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
              No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
              Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

OK, so what is your justification, within this passage, that allows you to do that?
                Common sense.

The Bible uses TONS of idiotic expressions, metaphors, similes, plays on words, generalizations, etc. etc. etc.

I never said that so, no. Is your criteria for those who reign with Christ for 1000 years that they all have in common that they went through the great tribulation?
                No

You don't need to convince me of blessing in the kingdom. We are in agreement about most of that except for the timing.

But, in this passage you have quoted, Jesus tells specific members of His following, including Peter, that they will sit on only 12 thrones and judge Israel. Does this mean that they will return so they can go through the great tribulation? and if there are only 12 thrones, does this mean there will only be 12 of them?
                He says 12... so yes it's 12.

12 thrones for 12 apostles of 12 tribes.... do you see a pattern there?

Comment

Common sense.

The Bible uses TONS of idiotic expressions, metaphors, similes, plays on words, generalizations, etc. etc. etc.

No

He says 12... so yes it's 12.

12 thrones for 12 apostles of 12 tribes.... do you see a pattern there?
                  God likes the number 12...

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    God likes the number 12...
                    Yes, in regards to Israel.

Most people don't really see clearly why the 11 had to quickly replace Judas. They could not begin their commission as 11 apostles for 12 tribes.

Comment

Working...
                    X