Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Works of Law and Works of Grace, Is That Biblical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Do you think that Paul said he was "blameless" in regard to the righteousness which is in the law (Phil.3:6) in the sense that he kept the Ten Commandments perfectly? Paul's sense in which he used "blameless" explains Luke, not invalidates it.
    Nice try...

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    I am curious why you asked me the following question:

"Will law breaking Israelite's enter the kingdom?"
    It's a simple question.

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    I never said that.
    I didn't say that you said it... only that you seem to belittle the law.

The Bible says that in the future, God's Spirit will allow Israel to keep the law. Eze 36
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      I didn't say that you said it... only that you seem to belittle the law.
      I never belittled the law.

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      The Bible says that in the future, God's Spirit will allow Israel to keep the law. Eze 36
      So?

That doesn't change the fact that the Lord Jesus said the following to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me has eternal life"
      (Jn.6:47).

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
      (Jn.6:63).

Not only do you belittle those words of the Lord Jesus but you also refuse to believe them.

Sad!

Comment

• We all are under God's law. God's law will never fade because what he wrote or said is truth and His law written on stone or on paper or in hearts will endure as long as He does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
          I never belittled the law.

So?

That doesn't change the fact that the Lord Jesus said the following to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me has eternal life"
          (Jn.6:47).

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
          (Jn.6:63).

Not only do you belittle those words of the Lord Jesus but you also refuse to believe them.

Sad!
          Sadness runs about as deep as your will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cntrysner View Post
            Sadness runs about as deep as your will.
            No, it runs as deep as your unbelief and that is why you deny the following words of the Lord Jesus which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:
            "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).
            "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

Comment

Working...
            X