JESUS IS GOD HIMSELF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Here Scripture equates The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ.

They're ONE and The SAME!!!
    No, the scripture doesn't otherwise Christ wouldn't fully human. And the scripture clearly makes a distinction between spirits.
    John 1:1-2 εν αρχη ην ο λογος At the beginning, it was a word; και ο λογος ην προς ο θεος and a word, it was unto a God; και θεος ην ο λογος and the God, it was.. A word 2 ουτος a-such... 2 ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος ... it was at the beginning unto a God.

Yahweh is a word of God, not just Christ!

Comment

Originally posted by betsy123 View Post
      I've been quoting verses – many verses that show Jesus is God Himself, incarnated, to dwell among the people and to save mankind......
      Yes, Jesus is God. That is Christian teaching for 2,000 years, and it is one of the unifying accepted teachings by all three branches of Christianity today, Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholic.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
        No, the scripture doesn't otherwise Christ wouldn't fully human. And the scripture clearly makes a distinction between spirits.
        That's just it: He is fully human and He also is fully God. There's no distinction made. The verse states the The Spirit of God dwells in us, then calls that Spirit: "The Spirit of Christ."
        "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
          That's just it: He is fully human and He also is fully God. There's no distinction made. The verse states the The Spirit of God dwells in us, then calls that Spirit: "The Spirit of Christ."
          Jesus Christ was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Distinct realities within the Triune Godhead, but one and the same Spirit.

“Oneness” and “Trinitarian” distinctions must simultaneously be confessed by the sons of God, for such is revealed in the Word of God, whether we can fully explain it all or not.

The just shall live by faith in the Word of God and must closely adhere to biblical truth alone.
          "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
          Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
          Charles Spurgeon

Comment

For those who have anything against the belief that Jesus is God Himself, please take note:

Here is what is explained in the OP:

I've been quoting verses – many verses that show Jesus is God Himself, incarnated, to dwell among the people and to save mankind. I thought I'd exhausted everything......and yet, I still find more verses.

That message is consistent throughout - from the Old Testament to the New.

This thread is devoted to posting Scriptural evidences that Jesus is God Himself.

Its purpose is to offer a compilation of verses (and reason), for reference,
            that may also aid Christians who are involved in debates in other forums, showing just that: Jesus and God are One and the Same.

If anyone wishes to debate particular verses to the contrary - please create a separate thread for it.

------

If you have anything to debate, you should create your own thread.

Comment

About forgiving.....

Mark 2
              Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man

2 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2 They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3 Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 4 Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

Indeed, who can but God alone can forgive sins?
              So.....by declaring the man's sins are forgiven, Jesus was claiming He is God.

Telling the man to pick up his mat and walk......... is, showing them the proof, that He is who He claims to be.

“I am trying to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say.

A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic–on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg–or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse.

You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon; or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

Now it seems to me obvious that He was neither a lunatic nor a fiend: and consequently, however strange or terrifying or unlikely it may seem, I have to accept the view that He was and is God."

(CS Lewis, Mere Christianity)

Comment

Isaiah 43
                I, even I, am the Lord,
                and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 44
                “This is what the Lord says—
                your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb

John 4
                25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

Comment

Anyone is capable of quoting the entire bible in the attempt to emphasize "Oneness" while failing to teach "Triune God."

So do Unitarians quite successfully.

There is such a thing as sin of ommission . . .

You will have my undying support if in the future you incorporate the Truth of three realities in the singular Godhead by massive biblical quotations that so assert!

"The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
                  Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post
                    Anyone is capable of quoting the entire bible in the attempt to emphasize "Oneness" while failing to teach "Triune God."

So do Unitarians quite successfully.

There is such a thing as sin of ommission . . .

You will have my undying support if in the future you incorporate the Truth of three realities in the singular Godhead by massive biblical quotations that so assert!

Undying or not - I'm not after your support. Keep it!

Create your own thread about the Triune God. I'm not stopping you.
                    See the title?
                    This thread is about Jesus being God Himself.

Comment

If we believe Jesus Christ is not God Himself, then it means..........

.......... the New Testament is filled with heretical teachings of Jesus Christ.

We can't say the Old Testament is the Word of God - and yet at the same time, believe that
                      Jesus is not God Himself.

We can't have it both ways.

How is that?

Exodus 20

And God spoke all these words, saying,

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God,

Don't we have the image of the CROSS -and don't we associate it with Jesus?

When we sing about the cross - whom are we singing about? JESUS CHRIST!
                      Therefore, we have made ourselves a carved image (symbolizing a man - who is made in the likeness of God in heaven above).

If the first Commandment forbids us to serve others, then why are we supposed to be serving Jesus Christ, if He's not God Himself??

That makes the apostles spreading heretical teachings....that makes the New Testament, heretical!
                      It goes against the very first Commandment - the most important Commandment of all.

Colosians 3
                      22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.
                      23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
                      24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Romans 12
                      11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.

John 26

26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be.

Even the ritual of the Last Supper (in remembrance of Jesus Christ), takes on a whole new meaning too. It's about Jesus Christ - not God.

If He isn't God Himself, Jesus Christ contradicts the Bible. Jesus Christ also contradicts Himself.
                      That makes Him just another false prophet among many.

If we believe that He is not God Himself, whether we want to accept it or not........

...................... we commit idolatry in Jesus Christ.

Comment

Undying or not - I'm not after your support. Keep it!

Create your own thread about the Triune God. I'm not stopping you.
                        See the title?
                        This thread is about Jesus being God Himself.
                        I know the purpose of the thread and I do not argue against
                        the Deity of Christ.

My warning is against “Oneness” teaching being emphasized in some of your chosen cuts and pastes that lack proper references given to Christ fulfilling the role of Second Person of the Triune Godhead.

Your apologetics seem off balance to me but if you
                        are indeed a Trinitarian, it should be pleasureable for you to correct me.

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post
                          I know the purpose of the thread and I do not argue against
                          the Deity of Christ.

My warning is against “Oneness” teaching being emphasized in some of your chosen cuts and pastes that lack proper references given to Christ fulfilling the role of Second Person of the Triune Godhead.

Your apologetics seem off balance to me but if you
                          are indeed a Trinitarian, it should be pleasureable for you to correct me.
                          Well....if you think I don't believe in the triune God - you're mistaken. You're making an argument out of nothing. Check out the very first post I gave about Genesis 1.

FYI, I'm not here to get your validation.

This thread may seem off-balance to you....could it be because, you're not on the ball?
                          FOCUS.

This thread is about JESUS BEING GOD HIMSELF!

This thread is not to explain the Trinity.
                          I don't know why you're being so anal over that!

This thread is to show that Jesus and God are One and the Same!

I don't know if you believe that or not.
                          If you have any issue with that, create your own thread for it.

As for how to interpret the Trinity - TO ME, the details are not so important as long as I believe that there are 3 in one! They're all One God. Whether they're separate persons or not - is not a deal-breaker for me.
                          I don't make much of the details....after all, it's a mystery, isn't it?
                          Who can really FULLY explain it? No one!

So, I'm not going to "posture" like as if I can, quibble and argue with fellow-Christians over that!

I'm not stopping you from creating your own thread about the Triune God.
                          What's stopping you?
                          Why don't you start your own topic about it, instead of trying to derail this one?
                          Why? ........Can't you?

I'm new here, and I don't follow or read every thread or conversation.....so, I don't really know if you're a Christian or not.

BUT I do hope you respect my thread - especially, after being repeatedly asked - and leave it the way it was meant to be - as clearly stated in the OP.
                          Last edited by betsy123; June 10th, 2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

FOCUS.

This thread is about JESUS BEING GOD HIMSELF!

This thread is not to explain the Trinity.
                            I don't know why you're being so anal over that!
                            I am concerned about the error of Sabellianism creeping into discussion under the guise of validating the Deity of Christ. It can occur through intellectual omission; whether willful or not.

Being a Trinitarian, I believe all Scriptural detail counts and holds all who confess faith in Christ accountable, to carefully handle the full Truths of God.

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

I've stumbled onto this one while in a debate about something else.

John 1

18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

In verse 18, "seeing God" is meant in the sense of seeing God the Father in a physical, literal sense.
                              God chose to reveal Himself in certain forms in the past, but He is essentially a Spirit (John 4:24).

The gospel of John describes Jesus as the "Word" of God, using the Greek word logos.
                              Jesus is the message, or the definition, of God.
                              Words are tangible symbols of ideas, both for our eyes and our ears.

The fact that God came in human form is critical.
                              Jesus is a human being who experiences our struggles (Hebrews 4:15), one to whom we can relate.
                              Jesus is a message from God, in a language we all understand: relationship.

Jesus explains God to us in a way we could never understand otherwise.

Here, John also repeats the claim that Jesus is God.
                              The Greek term monogenes is used here, as well as in verse 14 and John 3:16, both for the phrase "One and Only." This word means Jesus is of the exact same "stuff" as God the Father.
                              https://www.bibleref.com/John/1/John-1-18.html

Not only is the relationship between Father and Son used in a language we can all understand, but there's also about the relationship between Husband/Groom and His bride (church) - that refers to love (and joy), and may also explain spiritual adultery!

Revelation 19:7
                              "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready."

2 Cor 12:2
                              For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin.

Remember......

In the Old Testament, God has likened the pain inflicted by idolatry as something similar to the pain inflicted by adultery. And here is Jesus (God Himself), in the role of the Groom to His bride.

***edited: added
                              Last edited by betsy123; June 20th, 2019, 04:27 AM.

Comment

continuation....

The relationship between Husband and bride shown above, has opened up another evidence
                                that Jesus is God Himself.

Isaiah 54:5

For thy Maker is thine husband;
                                the LORD of hosts is his name;
                                and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

2 Corinthians 11:2
                                For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Revelation 19:7-9
                                Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X