NT verses to churches threaten loss of salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The word "eternal" is not found in that verse. The "death" spoken of is in regard to the end of the "life" in a Christian's "walk" spoken about earlier in the same chapter:
    "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Ro.6:4).

As long as a Christian is walking in newness of life then "the life of Jesus" is being manifested in his mortal body (2 Cor.4:11). But once he sins that newness of life comes to an end or dies.

This is not in regard to "salvation" but instead it is in regard to a Christian's walk. Once a Christian sins then when he confesses that sin he is cleansed from all unrighteousness (1 Jn.1:9) and he can once again begin to walk in newness of life.
    1 John 1:9 is not about the body of Christ in ANY way.... that passage is DIRECTLY related to 2 Ch 7:14

Israel is the WE that John is speaking to.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

The word "eternal" is not found in that verse. The "death" spoken of is in regard to the end of the "life" in a Christian's "walk" spoken about earlier in the same chapter ...
      You walkin' in life or in death? lol
      "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
      you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
      (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
      (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)

Comment

RT,
        BACs have been set free from being slaves of sin!
        Positionally, they are now slaves of righteousness and slaves of God.
        But, because these Romans still choose to be habitual sinners
        they are back again in the mode of being slaves of sin!
        Paul is simply saying that if they continue (w/o repentance),
        they will experience eternal death.
        And ditto for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
          RT,
          BACs have been set free from being slaves of sin!
          Positionally, they are now slaves of righteousness and slaves of God.
          But, because these Romans still choose to be habitual sinners
          they are back again in the mode of being slaves of sin!
          Paul is simply saying that if they continue (w/o repentance),
          they will experience eternal death.
          And ditto for you.
          ZB ... the great judge of us all.

Sorry, ZB ... we are not scared by your condemnation. We are saved by grace through faith and NOT of ourselves.

Eph 2:4-10 KJV But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved (6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
            Eph 2:4-10
            FYI, Paul was only writing to the faithful, not the unfaithful,
            in Ephesians (1:1) and in Colossians (1:2).
            All of dose delicious promises in dose 2 letters
            were not to you, they were to the faithful saints.

P.S. I'm not into scarin' folks, I'm into warnin' them.
            You, you're into ignorin' and rejectin' NT warnings!
            Congratulations.

Comment

FYI, Paul was only writing to the faithful, not the unfaithful,
              in Ephesians (1:1) and in Colossians (1:2).
              All of dose delicious promises in dose 2 letters
              were not to you, they were to the faithful saints.
              You are arrogant and a liar.

P.S. I'm not into scarin' folks, I'm into warnin' them.
              You, you're into ignorin' and rejectin' NT warnings!
              Congratulations.
              You are confused, that's all.

So you put yourself on a pedestal and slam others.

Comment

You walkin' in life or in death? lol
                I'm doing my best to walk in newness of life but I know that I am eternally secure:
                "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).

Comment

1 John 1:9 is not about the body of Christ in ANY way.... that passage is DIRECTLY related to 2 Ch 7:14

Israel is the WE that John is speaking to.
                  John was speaking to those in the Body of Christ because He taught them that they could remain alive when the Lord appears and at that time they will be made like Him:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
                  (1 Jn.3:2).

Those who received John's epistles believed that they would be alive when the Lord appears--"when he shall appear...we shall see him as he is."

They were also taught that "when he shall appear... we shall be like him."

There can be no doubt that John was teaching that living saints will put on glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' body when He appears. The revelation concerning the return of the Lord Jesus according to prophecy will be searched in vain for any teaching that living saints will put on bodies like the Lord's when He returns to the earth because Paul made it plain that it is a mystery truth which only belongs to the Body of Christ:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed"
                  (1 Cor.15:51-52).

Now let us look again at the words of John in regard to the Lord's appearance where he speaks of a "hope":

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 Jn.3:2-3).

John refers to the things which will happen at the Lord Jesus' "appearance" as a "hope." That is exactly what Paul speaks of here:
                  "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).

J.C. O'Hair wrote the following in regard to the previously quoted passage from John's first epistle and the "blessed hope":

"In the First Epistle of John the believer is exhorted not to be ashamed before Him at His coming (parousia)presence) when He shall appear (phaneroo) shining). I John 2:28. 'When He shall appear (phaneroo), we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is'. I John 3:2. This was the blessed hope of the believers to whom John wrote"
                  (O'Hair, That Day, What Day?, A New Premillennialism).

You still have not yet learned that the "mystery" truths relate to the Body of Christ.

Comment

John was speaking to those in the Body of Christ because He taught them that they could remain alive when the Lord appears and at that time they will be made like Him:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
                    (1 Jn.3:2).
                    Nonsense Jerry.

The body of Christ is something that you will, apparently, never understand.

You're a Bible masher.

Comment

Nonsense Jerry.

The body of Christ is something that you will, apparently, never understand.

You're a Bible masher.
                      Did anyone notice that I used numerous verses to prove my point and Right (wrong) Divider didn't even attempt to answer my points?

He talks big but that is all he is--a big talker!

Comment

Did anyone notice that I used numerous verses to prove my point and Right (wrong) Divider didn't even attempt to answer my points?
                        So do JW's

He talks big but that is all he is--a big talker!
                        One of the biggest big talkers here is you.

If you do not understand the CONTEXT of 1 John 1:9, then shame on you. For that matter, if you do not understand the CONTEXT of the ministry and writers of Israel, more shame on you.

John was one of the twelve apostles that will judge the twelve tribes of Israel. That has a meaning that completely escapes you for some reason.

Regarding dispensationalism, you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Comment

John was one of the twelve apostles that will judge the twelve tribes of Israel. That has a meaning that completely escapes you for some reason.
                          So what? Those in the Body will also judge the world.

The scriptures reveal that once those in the Body are caught up to be with the Lord from that point of time onward they will always be with Him (1 Thess.4:17).

So when He returns to the earth to usher in the kingdom those in the Body will be with Him.

Regarding dispensationalism, you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.
                          Regarding rightly-dividing you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Comment

So what? Those in the Body will also judge the world.
                            Judging the TWELVE TRIBES is NOT the SAME as judging the WORLD. You and your false equivocations.

The scriptures reveal that once those in the Body are caught up to be with the Lord from that point of time onward they will always be with Him (1 Thess.4:17).
                            Just another false equivocation.

So when He returns to the earth to usher in the kingdom those in the Body will be with Him.
                            Your understanding of the future is just bad as can be.

Regarding rightly-dividing you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.
                            You are no Right Divider Jerry.

Comment

Your understanding of the future is just bad as can be.
                              So you don't think that those in the Body of Christ will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His kingdom?:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).

Comment

So you don't think that those in the Body of Christ will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His kingdom?:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).
                                Address the WHOLE POST first....

Of course I believe it. Just not the WAY that you believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X