Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY IS ADAM LEFT OUT LEFT OUT OF HEB 11 ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Stripe View Post
    Probably because his actions did not warrant a place.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    I think you have hit on it. Heb. 11 speaks of, not all who were saved by faith but, remarkable examples of feats done by regular men and women who struggled with life but, by faith, "attained a good report". I believe this is done for our encouragement.

    I am more surprised that Job is not on the list than Adam.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

    It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by George Affleck View Post
      I think you have hit on it. Heb. 11 speaks of, not all who were saved by faith but, remarkable examples of feats done by regular men and women who struggled with life but, by faith, "attained a good report". I believe this is done for our encouragement.

      I am more surprised that Job is not on the list than Adam.
      More often than not Job, the oldest book of the Bible, is rendered to be tale. Some say written by Solomon.
      "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
        More often than not Job, the oldest book of the Bible, is rendered to be tale. Some say written by Solomon.
        I guess I should have been more specific.

        I meant to point out that the list of heros includes those who made a big splash in their times. They made headlines. Job's case was more personal and contained.

        Adam's big splash was mainly negative. If He repented, and I think he must have, it would have been personal.
        Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

        It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DAN P View Post
          WHY IS ADAM LEFT OUT LEFT OUT OF HEB 11 ??
          Adam was replaced.

          Hebrews 11 is about persons who were commended for their faith.

          What did Adam do by faith?

          "The first man was of the earth, made of dust, the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man." (1 Corinthians 15:47-49)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by George Affleck View Post
            I guess I should have been more specific.

            I meant to point out that the list of heros includes those who made a big splash in their times. They made headlines. Job's case was more personal and contained.

            Adam's big splash was mainly negative. If He repented, and I think he must have, it would have been personal.
            Aren't they all recorded to impress/encourage us? . . and maybe especially Job? Or perhaps I am not undersstanding the "why" of your question.

            It might also be pointed out that all were carnal.
            "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DAN P View Post
              Hi to all and Heb 11:4 begins with Abel and leaves out ADAM !!

              Why ?

              DID Adam not have faith ?

              What say you ??

              dan p
              Because the "subject of conversation" is about the faith of Abel Enoch and Noah ... just because Adam is not mentioned here does not at all refer to Adam having or not having faith .... it's just not being talked about in this passage(s).

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by eleos View Post
                Because the "subject of conversation" is about the faith of Abel Enoch and Noah ... just because Adam is not mentioned here does not at all refer to Adam having or not having faith .... it's just not being talked about in this passage(s).
                Hi and I say Adam had FAITH , as God made COATS for them to wear , that showed the ATONEMENT for the first time and those sins were PAID for after Jesus death , Heb 9:15 !!

                dan p

                Comment


                • #23
                  At the point when Adam became a living soul, he was endowed with all the communicable attributes of the Eternal Almighty. This included trust(faith) This trust was not comunicated as grace to a guilty sinner it was communicated in perfection with no need to grow.

                  All those in Hebrews 11 were granted grace and trust as gifts that would need to grow and so the exploits referred to in Hebrews 11 records the growth and completion of the trust.
                  I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                  "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                  I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                  A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                  If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                  Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                  I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                    Adam and Eve did not have faith, they didn't need it. They walked and talked with God in the Garden so they had first hand knowledge that God is real.

                    Hi and I believe you have the answer !!

                    But there is more in Gen 3:21 !!

                    dan p

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                      Hi and I say Adam had FAITH , as God made COATS for them to wear , that showed the ATONEMENT for the first time and those sins were PAID for after Jesus death , Heb 9:15 !!

                      dan p
                      Hi and whether he , Adam is mention it is hard not to see that Adam and Eve walked by SIGHT !!

                      Christ made COATS and SKINS for them to wear and that MEANT , SACRIFICE and it shows that Adam and Eve's sins were covered and all SINS from Adam and all those committed under the Old Covenant and Heb 9:15 is the proof !!

                      I believe that the covering of the COATS and SKINS was a type of the ATONEMENT !!

                      In Rom 5:14 Death REIGNED from Adam to Moses , so what was the GOSPEL at that time ??

                      We know from 1 Cor 13:13 , that mentions FAITH , HOPE and LOVE only Love will remain as , our HOPE is God will be REALIZED and FAITH will be made SIGHT , when we see Christ and only LOVE remains !!

                      Here is another thing when I look up Gen 3:21 !!
                      The HEBREW word MADE is in the Hebrew IMPERFECT TENSE which means Christ only made COATS and SKINS and then stopped that practice !!

                      dan p
                      Last edited by DAN P; September 27th, 2018, 11:19 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                        Since Eve was the mother of all living i believe Adam was the Father of all living.
                        Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

                        Living soul is what we call the Holy Ghost. This living soul was another difference between creation of Adam and the creation of mankind in Gen 1.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by iamaberean View Post
                          Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

                          Living soul is what we call the Holy Ghost. This living soul was another difference between creation of Adam and the creation of mankind in Gen 1.
                          Hi and in Gen 2:7 the Hebrew word BREATHED / APH is in the Hebrew IMPERFECT TENSE and means a single type action !!

                          Does this means God ONLY did this n action ONE TIME ONLY !!

                          What say you ??

                          dan p

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                            Hi to all and Heb 11:4 begins with Abel and leaves out ADAM !!

                            Why ?

                            DID Adam not have faith ?

                            What say you ??

                            dan p
                            Hi DanP: I do not know why ADAM was LEFT OUT, God does not tell me. However, The only reason Cain was mentioned was to draw attention to His poor selection for a sacrifice.

                            While Adam fell and brought mankind down with him, He showed his faith in GOD by passing The ritual of Sacrifice on to his sons, Cain and Abel. This is seen in later Isaiah where Hezekiah did not pass the WORD of GOD onto his son (the Worst King of all Judea) Manasseh.

                            Blade

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                              Hi and whether he , Adam is mention it is hard not to see that Adam and Eve walked by SIGHT !!

                              Christ made COATS and SKINS for them to wear and that MEANT , SACRIFICE and it shows that Adam and Eve's sins were covered and all SINS from Adam and all those committed under the Old Covenant and Heb 9:15 is the proof !!

                              I believe that the covering of the COATS and SKINS was a type of the ATONEMENT !!

                              In Rom 5:14 Death REIGNED from Adam to Moses , so what was the GOSPEL at that time ??

                              We know from 1 Cor 13:13 , that mentions FAITH , HOPE and LOVE only Love will remain as , our HOPE is God will be REALIZED and FAITH will be made SIGHT , when we see Christ and only LOVE remains !!

                              Here is another thing when I look up Gen 3:21 !!
                              The HEBREW word MADE is in the Hebrew IMPERFECT TENSE which means Christ only made COATS and SKINS and then stopped that practice !!

                              dan p


                              Hi and here is another point that I did not mention !!

                              When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit they tried to cover the SIN by clothing themselves by clothing themselves with FIG LEAVES ( Gen 3:7 ) which all sinful man do !!

                              God's way is to eventually die to save us all and be clothed by His RIGHTEOUSNESS !!

                              dan p

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X