Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Going from memory, a few translations (or maybe just margin/footnotes) use "believing" because (again, going from memory) the verb is in the continuous form. Most, I believe, do not acknowledge it.

    That about it?
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by musterion View Post
      Going from memory, a few translations (or maybe just margin/footnotes) use "believing" because (again, going from memory) the verb is in the continuous form. Most, I believe, do not acknowledge it.

      That about it?
      I need to ask you musterion the same question I asked dunoh and interplanner. Do you accept the vines and strongs definition of "pisteuo"?

      the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".
      Last edited by Faither; February 27th, 2016, 12:36 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Faither View Post
        I need to ask you musterion the same question I asked dunoh and interplanner. Do you accept the vines and strongs definition of "pisteuo"?

        the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".
        Anyone else have an accept, or not accept, opinion of the Greek dictionaries definition of "pisteuo" as written above?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by musterion View Post
          Going from memory, a few translations (or maybe just margin/footnotes) use "believing" because (again, going from memory) the verb is in the continuous form. Most, I believe, do not acknowledge it.

          That about it?

          I want to acknowledge your post here, but before I do, can you give me a thumbs up or down as to whether or not you accept these strongs and vines definitions of "pisteuo"?

          the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

          Comment


          • #35
            I asked you a question to make sure I understand whatever your main point is. You didn't answer it but just posed another question. This indicates you're deliberately evasive and not really interested in dialogue and don't really care if you're being understood or not.
            "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
            Terence Mc Lean

            [most will be very surprised]


            Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
            By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

            Comment


            • #36
              Romans 3

              22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
              :


              Go ahead and "fix" this bad translation for us.
              Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

              Titus 1

              For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

              Ephesians 5

              11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Faither View Post
                The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

                I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

                With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

                "Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

                When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
                "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

                Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

                Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

                Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

                thanks
                Okay, lets get back to the topic.

                I've asked this specific question that if anyone wants to discuss this word "pisteuo" must answer.
                Do you accept the strongs and vines definitions of the word "pisteuo" seen in the OP?

                Those that have shown interest, dunoh, interplanner, and musterion, have yet to answer. I will go ahead as planned to give examples of the true definition of "pisteuo" in a sentence, replacing the mistranslated words, (believer, believing, and believes) with the true definition straight out of the Greek dictionary.

                1) John 3:16

                English translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

                Greek translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "pisteuo" surrenders their life and will to Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

                The reason for the two different translations is the English language has no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. So taking out the mistranslated word "believes" and putting in the Greek definition of pisteuo gives us a better understanding of what the Greek texts were trying to convey.

                Pisteuo is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. I'll continue to post the true meanings of other Scriptures.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Respectfully, Faither, no, I do not go by "dictionary definitions."

                  I go by exhaustive word(s) studies I conduct within my KJB.

                  "Hang with" any culture and or sub-culture long enough, and you can not but pick up on said culture's intended sense through words by how said culture uses said words.

                  AA is not the Scripture's culture; Scripture ALONE is...

                  How IT uses any word and or words, WHERE It does, in relation to WHO, WHAT, and WHERE, will bring out IT's WHY.

                  Also HOW it brings all that out.

                  Case in point, often, the same intended sense will be repeated in a same passage and or near passage via a seemingly different word.

                  This, in turn, results in being able to gather even more information WITHIN Scripture as to the intended sense of the word one is attempting to get at the proper sense of.

                  Next thing one knows; one has a lot of information from all that time IN SCRIPTURE ITSELF IN THIS MANNER, stored up "richly" in the mentality of one's soul.

                  Information that is more and more useful with each of the above kind of excursion in "what saith THE SCRIPTURE."

                  Gradually, one begins to find all sorts of things as to their intended sense through words have found their intended place.

                  Dictionaries, etc., are "intended" as tools, not the crutch their OVERreliance on often ends up.

                  The best to you in this...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I haven’t done a study on the word but the Vines and Strong’s definition makes sense to me. I see “believe” as action based on faith. Like the example in Matt. 7 of the two men building houses.

                    24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock….. 26 Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

                    It's obvious who is the believer.
                    Wretched man that I am.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by turbosixx View Post
                      I haven’t done a study on the word but the Vines and Strong’s definition makes sense to me. I see “believe” as action based on faith. Like the example in Matt. 7 of the two men building houses.
                      So you choose to be bound by circumcision. Interesting.
                      Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

                      Titus 1

                      For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

                      Ephesians 5

                      11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        Respectfully, Faither, no, I do not go by "dictionary definitions."

                        I go by exhaustive word(s) studies I conduct within my KJB.

                        "Hang with" any culture and or sub-culture long enough, and you can not but pick up on said culture's intended sense through words by how said culture uses said words.

                        AA is not the Scripture's culture; Scripture ALONE is...

                        How IT uses any word and or words, WHERE It does, in relation to WHO, WHAT, and WHERE, will bring out IT's WHY.

                        Also HOW it brings all that out.

                        Case in point, often, the same intended sense will be repeated in a same passage and or near passage via a seemingly different word.

                        This, in turn, results in being able to gather even more information WITHIN Scripture as to the intended sense of the word one is attempting to get at the proper sense of.

                        Next thing one knows; one has a lot of information from all that time IN SCRIPTURE ITSELF IN THIS MANNER, stored up "richly" in the mentality of one's soul.

                        Information that is more and more useful with each of the above kind of excursion in "what saith THE SCRIPTURE."

                        Gradually, one begins to find all sorts of things as to their intended sense through words have found their intended place.

                        Dictionaries, etc., are "intended" as tools, not the crutch their OVERreliance on often ends up.

                        The best to you in this...
                        Thanks for giving me a straight answer. I understand how divisive this is, and appreciate a respectful answer even though you don't agree with me or the Greek texts.

                        I have to call you out on one thing though. The 12 steps thread and this thread are separate and i'm only showing the similarities between the two.

                        Would I be wasting our time to try and persuade you? Not using Scripture to go back and forth, we haven't even established that either of us has the Spirit of Christ, that would make Gods Word ours to talk about.

                        I'm just talking about the Greek word Pisteuo.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by turbosixx View Post
                          I haven’t done a study on the word but the Vines and Strong’s definition makes sense to me. I see “believe” as action based on faith. Like the example in Matt. 7 of the two men building houses.

                          24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock….. 26 Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

                          It's obvious who is the believer.
                          Your on the right path. But act or action doesn't have anything to do with "believe" it's an act or action because "pisteuo" is a verb, an action word. We then look at the Greek texts and dictionaries to determine what kind of act or action is "pisteuo" showing us. That's when we can take out the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing, and insert the true definition of pisteuo, which is what I'm doing with certain Scriptures.

                          thanks for the reply.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Faither View Post
                            Thanks for giving me a straight answer. I understand how divisive this is, and appreciate a respectful answer even though you don't agree with me or the Greek texts.

                            I have to call you out on one thing though. The 12 steps thread and this thread are separate and i'm only showing the similarities between the two.

                            Would I be wasting our time to try and persuade you? Not using Scripture to go back and forth, we haven't even established that either of us has the Spirit of Christ, that would make Gods Word ours to talk about.

                            I'm just talking about the Greek word Pisteuo.
                            Ok, so let's establish we each have the Spirit of Christ.

                            The short version of my understanding of how one ends up in possession of said Spirit is:

                            Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

                            3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

                            3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

                            That is my basic basis. I have yet to read of yours. So, I'm glad you brought this up.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Nick M View Post
                              So you choose to be bound by circumcision. Interesting.
                              Yes

                              COl. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;
                              Wretched man that I am.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by turbosixx View Post
                                Yes

                                COl. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;
                                What is your understanding of what Paul is talking about there, and, of how that is brought about?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X