ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There is a basic requirement for credibility on this thread , and that's is the Greek word "pisteuo" be understood and accepted to start a conversation. That's not a lot to ask.

I'll say this again, The understanding of Pisteuo or faithing starts before we are in Christ, Rom 8:9. So that's where we are starting here in this thread. Posting Scripture by unproven sources is not productive.

Simple solution, prove yourself to be credible by accepting the Greek dictionaries definition of "pisteuo" used 248 times in the NT.

If you can't accept that pretext, you should probably move on.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
9 ) Romans 10:11

English mistranslation of Pisteuo in Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever "believeth" on him shall not be ashamed.

Corrected English translation of Pisteuo : For the Scripture saith, Whosoever "Faithes" (surrenders their life to Him) on Him shall not be ashamed.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
For the dispensationalists that would say that the point i'm making about pisteuo is being done in the wrong dispensational period, here some additional facts.

Pisteuo is used 128 times in the Gospels, before the cross.

Pisteuo is used 123 times in the Epistles, after the cross.

I've only posted 10 examples i think so far, so only another 241 more scriptures that show the mistranslations believe, believing , and believer.

Last edited:

Danoh

To expand on my above - Grace (this side of Israel's fall, Acts 7:51; Matt. 12:30-32; Rom. 3:9; Rom. 11:32, for starters) is not against good works, it simply neither blesses on their basis, Gal. 2:21, nor wants them in one's own strength, or "surrender" Rom. 8:5.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

One might do well to not only look into what had been the content of what had been Abraham's faith, but when and where.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
But to him that worketh not, but believeth
Correct, true, and all that. I agree. Agreed.

But when everybody believes this as fervently as we do, then what do we do? What happens when we succeed? Then what? When everybody believes that it is not based on works, but upon faith; then what? What do we do when we win the war? What will be our post-war (post-victory) policy? Will it be continuing to emphasize faith? Perhaps? But . . . what if there is significant disagreement over the issue, among those who genuinely believe?

Maybe we ought emphasize works? along with faith? Not one over the other?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Correct, true, and all that. I agree. Agreed.

But when everybody believes this as fervently as we do, then what do we do? What happens when we succeed? Then what? When everybody believes that it is not based on works, but upon faith; then what? What do we do when we win the war? What will be our post-war (post-victory) policy? Will it be continuing to emphasize faith? Perhaps? But . . . what if there is significant disagreement over the issue, among those who genuinely believe?

Maybe we ought emphasize works? along with faith? Not one over the other?

Do you even see the contradiction in own words?

You said: "When everybody "believes" that it is not based on works, but upon "faith".

When you said, "but upon faith", your using the "noun" version of faith. That would be "pistis".

We are discussing "pisteuo" not pistis.

And there is no such thing as believes in the Greek texts.

You need to fulfill the basic requirement to start a conversation on "pisteuo". That simply means to accept the definitions I have posted word for word out of the strongs and vines Greek dictionaries.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
To expand on my above - Grace (this side of Israel's fall, Acts 7:51; Matt. 12:30-32; Rom. 3:9; Rom. 11:32, for starters) is not against good works, it simply neither blesses on their basis, Gal. 2:21, nor wants them in one's own strength, or "surrender" Rom. 8:5.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

One might do well to not only look into what had been the content of what had been Abraham's faith, but when and where.

This thread is about the word "pisteuo". A basic requirement is needed to start a conversation about that word. The requirement is accepting the Greek dictionaries definition of "pisteuo". If you can't accept the definitions of the Greek texts, out of your own mouth you have rejected Gods Word. Any conversation beyond that would just be codepending you.

Please just show me the courtesy of allowing me to express a fundamental understanding of Gods Word.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Pisteuo or faithing, is an "ACTION" not a "REACTION."

VINES for pisteuo : "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Do you even see the contradiction in own words?

You said: "When everybody "believes" that it is not based on works, but upon "faith".

When you said, "but upon faith", your using the "noun" version of faith. That would be "pistis".

We are discussing "pisteuo" not pistis.

And there is no such thing as believes in the Greek texts.

You need to fulfill the basic requirement to start a conversation on "pisteuo". That simply means to accept the definitions I have posted word for word out of the strongs and vines Greek dictionaries.
Oh.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post

QUOTE=Faither;4635933]The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

1) John 3:16

English translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Greek translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "pisteuo" surrenders their life and will to Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

2) John 5:24

English translation : "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "believes" (mistranslation) in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

Greek translation : " Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and "surrenders their life" (pisteuo) to Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

The reason for the two different translations is the English language has no word for the Greek word Pisteuo. So taking out the mistranslated word "believes" and putting in the Greek definition of pisteuo gives us a better understanding of what the Greek texts were trying to convey.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the Gospels alone. I'll continue to post the true meanings of other Scriptures

4) Rom. 3:22

English mistranslation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith In Jesus Christ to all and on all who "believe". (mistranslated word "believe) For there is no difference;

Greek corrected translation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all who "surrender there lives to Him". (pisteuo) For there is no difference;

5) 1 Cor. 14:22,

English mistranslation: "Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; But prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe."

Corrected English translation from the Greek: Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who surrender their lives to Jesus but to those who surrender their lives to another Jesus; but prophesy is not for those who surrender their lives to someone other than the NT Christ but for those who do surrender their lives to the Jesus Christ of the NT.

6)Eph. 1:19

English mistranslation of "pisteuo." "And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who "believe" (mistranslation) according to the working of His mighty power.

Corrected translation of "pisteuo" " And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who surrender our lives to Christ, according to the working of His mighty power.

7) John 7:38

JN. 7:38 English mistranslation: "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

Jn. 7:38 Greek corrected translation : He that surrenders his life to me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

The mistranslated word is "believeth" .

The correct translation is "surrenders his life to me."

Taken word for word out of the VINES for "pisteuo
Keep in mind, I've been taking out the mistranslated words for "pisteuo" , believe, believing, and believer and replacing it with the "correct" definition of "pisteuo". If the English language had the verb for "Faith", I could simply use that "correct" word in its rightful place. The words are Faither, Faithing, and to Faithe.

John 3:16 would read like this.

) John 3:16

English translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Greek correct translation : "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever is "Faithing" in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

This time I used the one word that the English language should have had for translators when translating the word "pisteuo" into the Scriptures. ( The definitions of "pisteuo" are "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." " Commit unto", "Commit to ones trust", "be committed unto".

Do you agree with the Greek dictionaries definition of "pisteuo?"

Danoh

This thread is about the word "pisteuo". A basic requirement is needed to start a conversation about that word. The requirement is accepting the Greek dictionaries definition of "pisteuo". If you can't accept the definitions of the Greek texts, out of your own mouth you have rejected Gods Word. Any conversation beyond that would just be codepending you.

Please just show me the courtesy of allowing me to express a fundamental
understanding of Gods Word.

No, this thread is about your child's "one size fits all" insistence not only that a word has one meaning, but in each case it is used, and that meaning has to be the one you have cherry picked in this "cart before the horse" notion of yours.

Sure enough, just like a child does that kind of a thing; you insist that YOUR notion be followed, or there is no conversation.

If I say to someone, "hand me the mouse," the meaning I intend will be determined, not by cherry picking one's own bias in a dictionary, but by the context within which that word is used, and this has to be determined by the specific context - OF - every - SINGLE - case.

This principle is Basic, Third Grade Elementary School Reading 101.

"See spot run" is not about a dot on a wall. Nor is it about a stain on clothing running down that clothing. And neither is that spot running down that clothing a reference to a spot in track shoes. And neither is track shoes a reference to shoes used for tracking something. And neither is...

But, cherry pick yourself into your corner, though neither an actual cherry, nor its actual picking, nor an actual corner are what I am actually taliking about.

You will, of course, conclude something about all this from within your bias, once more.

You have no business attempting to feed your menu to one and all.

No, not an actual menu; rather - lol, never mind...

Attempt to force your fool view all you want "whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No, this thread is about your child's "one size fits all" insistence not only that a word has one meaning, but in each case it is used, and that meaning has to be the one you have cherry picked in this "cart before the horse" notion of yours.

Sure enough, just like a child does that kind of a thing; you insist that YOUR notion be followed, or there is no conversation.

If I say to someone, "hand me the mouse," the meaning I intend will be determined, not by cherry picking one's own bias in a dictionary, but by the context within which that word is used, and this has to be determined by the specific context - OF - every - SINGLE - case.

This principle is Basic, Third Grade Elementary School Reading 101.

"See spot run" is not about a dot on a wall. Nor is it about a stain on clothing running down that clothing. And neither is that spot running down that clothing a reference to a spot in track shoes. And neither is track shoes a reference to shoes used for tracking something. And neither is...

But, cherry pick yourself into your corner, though neither an actual cherry, nor its actual picking, nor an actual corner are what I am actually taliking about.

You will, of course, conclude something about all this from within your bias, once more.

You have no business attempting to feed your menu to one and all.

No, not an actual menu; rather - lol, never mind...

Attempt to force your fool view all you want "whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

I thought you said you "DIDN'T" accept the original Greeks texts and their definitions. That you reject Gods Word in the Greek texts.

You and I have nothing to talk about.

I used to go around and around with people like yourself, and after two or three weeks they would always say the same thing, "I just don't accept the Greek definitions".

So what I did this time is start with the requirement of accepting Gods Word in Greek and the definitions that correspond to them.

So you don't have the basic credibility to even start a discussion. Go away, there's plenty of people out there that will agree with you and your misunderstanding of Pisteuo. So go be with them.

Danoh

Fool yourself; not others - you are going by VINE's definition - by his; a man's definitions; NOT by the Scripture within its OWN scope and context in EACH SEPARATE use of that word.

Look; here's a mouse...

Relax, I meant a computer mouse...

You reacted from bias right off; calm down; the only furry four legged creature is in your mind's narrow minded, one size fits all "dictionary of...words" according to Dr. So and so...

No! Not "Soso," that's Peter Potamus' little buddy...

No! Not "Gilligan" - that's The Skipper's "little buddy!"

No! Not the...

In short - "Who's On First?"

Neither Vine, nor tree branch, nor you...

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fool yourself; not others - you are going by VINE's definition - by his; a man's definitions; NOT by the Scripture within its OWN scope and context in EACH SEPARATE use of that word.

Look; here's a mouse...

Relax, I meant a computer mouse...

You reacted from bias right off; calm down; the only furry four legged creature is in your mind's narrow minded, one size fits all "dictionary of...words" according to Dr. So and so...

No! Not "Soso," that's Peter Potamus' little buddy...

No! Not "Gilligan" - that's The Skipper's "little buddy!"

No! Not the...

In short - "Who's On First?"

Neither Vine, nor tree branch, nor you...

Neither Vines nor strongs! No! It's you! Your understanding! You are saying you know more than the people who wrote the strongs and the vines Greek dictionaries.

All i'm doing is holding up Gods Word in it's original Greek text with Greek words that have exact definitions, and "YOU" reject it! I don't have to inject my opinion about anything, you've shown yourself to be against God, His Word, and His ways. But yet you still think you have a leg to stand on. Look down! there gone!

Danoh

Is there no desire from anyone to know more about this?

That is odd, as TOL is practically a cross between a bee hive and an ant colony of individuals all promoting this idea of yours.

Here's an idea for ya, Mo, get off your high horse, and go to their mountain.

Simply go to one of Right Divider's posts copy that list he has on all his posts; contact them all and "Pied Piper" them out of here with you, lol

Still, I am surprised none of these worker bees have come a buzzin.

Each is busy playin their own Pied Pipe, I guess...

Faither

BANNED
Banned
That is odd, as TOL is practically a cross between a bee hive and an ant colony of individuals all promoting this idea of yours.

Here's an idea for ya, Mo, get off your high horse, and go to their mountain.

Simply go to one of Right Divider's posts copy that list he has on all his posts; contact them all and "Pied Piper" them out of here with you, lol

Still, I am surprised none of these worker bees have come a buzzin.

Each is busy playin their own Pied Pipe, I guess...

How about explaining why you reject the Greek texts and there definitions with something other than "I don't need them."

If your going to keep posting, maybe you could at least explain to everyone why you reject such a foundational truth. And don't be posting a bunch of meaningless Scripture to try and support your understandings. Not interested in your understandings unless there built on Gods Word and Gods ways.

I know how hard this will be for you not to attack me for another 100 posts, and hide behind scripture that isn't yours yet, but really try and give us a reason as to why you reject The Greek text. Specifically the Word "pisteuo", and the definitions of "pisteuo" in the Greek dictionary. I'll even post them again for you one more time.

Vines : "A personal surrender to Him." "A life inspired by such surrender."

Strongs : " pisteuo means not just to believe." "reliance upon", "not mere credence", "Commit unto", "Commit to ones trust", "be committed to", "

Why do you not accept these definitions I wrote word for word out of the New Strongs expanded, and the Vines unabridged edition?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Romans 3:21.

That's your explanation for why you don't accept Gods original greek texts, and the Greek dictionaries definition of "pisteuo"?

I'll give you credit danoh, you didn't even try, We both know you can't answer that question.

Danoh

That's your explanation for why you don't accept Gods original greek texts, and the Greek dictionaries definition of "pisteuo"?

I'll give you credit danoh, you didn't even try, We both know you can't answer that question.

Lol, you're not giving me credit. My short labor failed your short accounts system.

Short posts or long, apparantly no one can trump neither your Vine, nor your Strong.

Have at it, F'r; I think I'll stick to the Word rightly divided this side of Romans 3:21, 2 Tim.2:15.

Last edited: