ECT PneumaPsucheSoma and AMR Discuss Trinitarianism

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A thread for PPS and myself to drive a few things to ground related to some particular sacred theology proper topics in hopes of edification and glorifying God.

Background...

An Olive Branch (AMR):
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4222285#post4222285

A Welcomed Response (PPS):
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4224234#post4224234

Let's begin, PPS.

As I understand your posts on the topic, it seems to me your basic thesis statement is as follows:

1. God is a singular transcendent hypostasis underlying an ousia.

2. God's literal Logos and Pneuma are the two-fold, singular, external, economic procession of His hypostasis into creation when / as He spoke to create.

3. Each (Logos and Pneuma) are qualitatively, rather than quantitatively distinct.

Rather than start too much beforehand, I need to know if I have accurately captured your basic starting premise. Have I?

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't ask me, as the thread lost me at:

"1. God is a singular transcendent hypostasis underlying an ousia."

Forest John W
Yes, there will be some historical theological $50 words being deployed, but I have a strategy that I hope will make their digestion relatively easy.

AMR

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Don't ask me, as the thread lost me at:

"1. God is a singular transcendent hypostasis underlying an ousia."

Forest John W

I know, i already had to write down pneuma (which makes me think of "air tools"), hypostasis, ousia - to look up. i know hypostasis, but ousia ? i see some free learnin' on the horizon, but we know it ends up with Paul - :patrol:

OCTOBER23

The Hypostatic pneuma only belongs to the transcendent union of the Logos

into and inside of the Father and expelled and sent down to inbreed Mary.

This is the God-quest that was prophesied long ago by the prophets chosen by God.

Isaiah 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant,

and as a root out of a dry ground:

he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him,

Psalms 80:17 Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand,

upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.

Ezekiel 3:4 And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel,

and speak with my words unto them.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While I would like to request others refrain from posting, past experience tells me such a request is often routinely ignored. Accordingly, please do not take it personally if I (or PPS) ignore your posts as the discussion progresses.

I will post a running lexicon of the theological terms being used, too, so no one reading the thread will be left wondering about this or that term. Once we have them sorted out, the terms will appear in a [spoiler] in my posts, which is a button that the reader may click to see how the terms are being defined, used, etc.

For example:
Spoiler

Words defined listed here. See how easy that will be? ;)

Stay tuned!

AMR

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

Pneuma Psuche Soma is he still around ? ? ?

I have studied the Bible for over 45 years and can back up my conclusions with verses.

If PPS doesn't respond , I would like to discuss it with you.

Let me know

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

While I would like to request others refrain from posting, past experience tells me such a request is often routinely ignored.

You could ask Knight to set up a one-on-one thread where only PneumaPsucheSoma and AMR are allowed to post.

This has worked for a number of discussions in the past.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You could ask Knight to set up a one-on-one thread where only PneumaPsucheSoma and AMR are allowed to post.

This has worked for a number of discussions in the past.

i'm sure AMR is aware of that option. maybe me and other members would like to observe and learn a couple 3 thangs - :patrol:

john w

Hall of Fame
I have my"gazinta's," and...........

popcorn.jpg

...ready...

Where are dem hypostasis's, ousia's??? When is the picture show gonna begin?

Forest John W

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I'm here, but have been very busy yesterday and today. I'll begin thoroughly and consistently responding late tonight or sometime tomorrow. I'm iPhone-bound and mobile.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Perhaps you gentlemen should consider a private conversation, rather than casting any pearls amongst these swine, and thus opening yourselves to suffering insults worse than what have already been put forth, prior to any discussion at all.

Either that, or ask for a 1 on 1 from Knight, that will prevent inane and ignorant commentary from the peanut gallery.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you gentlemen should consider a private conversation, rather than casting any pearls amongst these swine, and thus opening yourselves to suffering insults worse than what have already been put forth, prior to any discussion at all.

Either that, or ask for a 1 on 1 from Knight, that will prevent inane and ignorant commentary from the peanut gallery.

yes. unfortunately that's likely what they are already doing or will do. because even the wise considerate people like me & you can't keep from being nice and respectful. imagine the ones that don't care. AMR does one on one, pps might know enough to put in digestable words later. oh well - :patrol: - Patience

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did not want to burden the management team with a one-on-one. I also think the time limits of the one-on-one format are restrictive for me at least at present. I am already on the hook for a one-on-one that I have not been able to support given the home situation.

This discussion is likely to be moving at a slow pace. I usually have only very late night or early mornings, when all is quiet at home, to devote any time in these discussions.

I have also noted in a post above that I will regrettably be ignoring posts from others once things get going. I have also asked PPS to do the same.

As for tomfoolery, mockery, and what not from drive-by posters just wanting to be seen, I think I will be able to overlook them and feel no obligation to respond.

AMR

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I did not want to burden the management team with a one-on-one. I also think the time limits of the one-on-one format are restrictive for me at least at present. I am already on the hook for a one-on-one that I have not been able to support given the home situation.

This discussion is likely to be moving at a slow pace. I usually have only very late night or early mornings, when all is quiet at home, to devote any time in these discussions.

I have also noted in a post above that I will regrettably be ignoring posts from others once things get going. I have also asked PPS to do the same.

As for tomfoolery, mockery, and what not from drive-by posters just wanting to be seen, I think I will be able to overlook them and feel no obligation to respond.

AMR

we understand. the good kids do. easier to keep up, digest, pray over etc. thanks in advance for yours and PPS's time and effort. i will do my best to observe only :shut: God Bless you and this thread ! ! ! - :patrol:

john w

Hall of Fame

I corrected it for you:...prevent inane and ignorant commentary from the peanut gallery, or wicked, wolf-ette's, such as myself, Nag.

No charge.

Get saved.