This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by godrulz
    I do not think people should use the rep system punitively. We should give some thought and save commendations and concerns for content.
    I see the UN Committee for Reputation Assignment Propriety (aka UNCRAP) has convened.

Comment

Maybe we should have all members who wish to 'profess' Christianity take the TOL Statement of Faith seriously enough to agree with it. Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be allowed to pretend that they are Christian, at least on TOL.
      "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

How on earth would you enforce that?

Comment

Simple, ask the Christians on TOL to report anyone whose profile proclaims, "Christian," who isn't posting threads which are in agreement with the doctrine stated in the Statement of Faith. If they don't retract their post, they'll have to be changed to something other than Christian, until they accpet the tenets of the Christian faith.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel
              Maybe we should have all members who wish to 'profess' Christianity take the TOL Statement of Faith seriously enough to agree with it. Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be allowed to pretend that they are Christian, at least on TOL.
              So, do you think we should kick Old Earth Creationists off the Christian list?

Comment

Simple, ask the Christians on TOL to report anyone whose profile proclaims, "Christian," who isn't posting threads which are in agreement with the doctrine stated in the Statement of Faith. If they don't retract their post, they'll have to be changed to something other than Christian, until they accpet the tenets of the Christian faith.
                Could they call themselves "Christian(other)"?
                or do you want them to completely use another category?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow
                  So, do you think we should kick Old Earth Creationists off the Christian list?
                  If they don't line up, they're not enduring sound doctrine, they ought not to be allowed to claim the name of Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoney
                    Could they call themselves "Christian(other)"?
                    or do you want them to completely use another category?
                    There's too many (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Branch Davidians, etc.) who would abuse the Christian (other) category. I don't even think it belongs. Either you're Christian, or you've accepted un-sound doctrine as Christianity. That's what I think.

Comment

Do the moderators have to completely subscribe to the TOL statement of faith to become moderators?

Comment

There's too many (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Branch Davidians, etc.) who would abuse the Christian (other) category. I don't even think it belongs. Either you're Christian, or you've accepted un-sound doctrine as Christianity. That's what I think.
                        While I think your idea is a potentially good one I'm not sure how it would work. If they don't just use the "other" part of Christian we'd have to have a bunch more names and even then some people just wouldn't fit any so we'd have to keep the "other" category. I guess from looking at the Statement of Faith the biggest problem would maybe be, like Crow brought up, old earth vs. new earth. Other than that most people probably don't deny things in it.

Comment

If they don't line up, they're not enduring sound doctrine, they ought not to be allowed to claim the name of Jesus.
                          I'm OEC, Aimiel. So y'all make your case that I am not saved nor a Christian.

Comment

How old is "old"?

Comment

Maybe there could be a TOL Certified Christian™ option.

Comment

I was once an OEC. Whether you are OEC or YEC is of no consequence. It's non-salvific. I don't think Aimiel was suggesting that it is.

You are definitely saved in my book (not that what I have to say even matters).

Comment

Working...
                                X