Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No arguing in this thread. Please stop, or infractions will follow.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
      No arguing in this thread. Please stop, or infractions will follow.

What are the parameters for this thread? Can we interact with the statement of faith (pro/con)? What is the line between discussion/debate and 'arguing'?

What can we talk about relevant to the thread without infractions?
      Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
      I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

• Well written and well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
          What are the parameters for this thread?
          What can we talk about relevant to the thread without infractions?

Comment

• Originally posted by webmaster View Post
            On the third day He rose again in accordance with the Scriptures;
            Where does the OT say that this would happen?

Comment

• Pretty good SoF. I'll take mine with a side order of filioque, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charity View Post
                John 16 28 I come forth from the father , and am come into the world AGAIN, I leave the world and go to the father .
                John 16:28 "I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father."
                his deciples said unto him, Lo speakest no proverb.
                Now are we sure that thou knowest all things,
                and needest not that man should ask thee by this
                We believe that thou camest forth from god.
                Jesus answered them, Do ye NOW believe?
                Other interesting verses He whom god rose from the dead man have taken and hung on a tree,
                Though we preach God rose christ from the dead we are found to be false witness and our preaching is vain,
                Dont tell anyone of the vison untill the son of man be risen from the dead AGAIN ,
                Matthew 17:9 As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, "Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead."

Comment

• I love this statement! Amen!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Count Iblis View Post
                    Where does the OT say that this would happen?
                    That he will die for our sins? Really? You can read Matthew 27, or skip straight to Psalm 22.

Or for easy refrence, see Turbo's post called "Reason to Believe".
                    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

• Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                      I love this statement! Amen!
                      I like it too and I agree with it!
                      Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                      Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• It sums up what I believe. I am liking this site even more.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                          It sums up what I believe. I am liking this site even more.
                          I had read it when I first came here, but had forgotten about it.
                          Thanks, Inzl Kett, for digging it up!
                          Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                          Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                            Maybe we should have all members who wish to 'profess' Christianity take the TOL Statement of Faith seriously enough to agree with it. Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be allowed to pretend that they are Christian, at least on TOL.
                            ## Bad idea. Bits of it are "difficult", like the creation in six days: because another understanding of the chapter is that the days are not there to say how long the work of creation took, but that they are a literary device of the Priestly author to emphasise the importance of the Sabbath. They are not a diary, but a piece of theology.

The second theory isn't disbelief in what Genesis 1 says as Scripture - it's still belief in what that part of Scripture is saying; it is belief with a content different from the "obvious" meaning of the content of Gen.1

One can therefore be Christian, & not accept everything in the TOL

Note to Mod: if the above or any of it counts as argument (for the purposes of: the site ? the thread ? whatever-it-may-be): please edit/delete/take other action, as per post 151. Thank you.
                            Last edited by Esquilax; February 10th, 2011, 05:28 PM. Reason: Mod, note to, addition of - then: ref. to an earlier post - another cn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crow View Post
                              So, do you think we should kick Old Earth Creationists off the Christian list?
                              Question - does "Christian" mean "Evangelical Christian" ? The TOL does not exclude those who are not Evangelicals; but the proposal made by the OP might have that effect For those who are not Evangelicals, this question is not exactly idle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esquilax View Post
                                that they are a literary device of the Priestly author to emphasise the importance of the Sabbath. They are not a diary, but a piece of theology.
                                Can you explain how that would work? You know, the evening and the morning were the first day? And Exodus 20 stating explicitly the earth was made in six days, so you shall work six days and then rest? Loop that 7th day rest with how the day isn't a day for us.
                                Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Working...
                                X