No announcement yet.

ROMANS 5:1 JUSTIFIED BY FAITH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any of your excuses reason to deny what God says in scripture. Jesus says that the people of all nations will be sent to their eternal home depending on whether or not they were merciful to the needy.

I realize you don't think it applies to you. I understand why it's so important for you to deny it.

But since you've read what He says, and will not accept it, we're at an impasse. You may have the last word.
    This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
      I don't see any of your excuses reason to deny what God says in scripture. Jesus says that the people of all nations will be sent to their eternal home depending on whether or not they were merciful to the needy.

I realize you don't think it applies to you. I understand why it's so important for you to deny it.

But since you've read what He says, and will not accept it, we're at an impasse. You may have the last word.

Sounds like you just don't have any leg to stand on and are bloviating because of it.

Address the points I made.

Comment

• He's desperately trying to convince everyone that he doesn't read every post of mine and even more committed to his notion that he doesn't reject the plain teaching of the Bible.

Bible says "six days." Barbarian: "Billions of years"

The whole Earth? "Local flood."

Faith alone, by grace? "Works are necessary."

Fortunately, he seems to have given up on this thread, so perhaps we can have a sensible discussion instead of having to wade through "observations" from a blind man.
        Where is the evidence for a global flood?
        E≈mc2
        "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
        -Bob B.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
          I don't see any of your excuses reason to deny what God says in scripture.
          Unlike you, I actually addressed the verses which you quoted. Your man-made theology is contradicted by the following words of the Lord Jesus Christ:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life"
          (Jn.6:47).

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

I've asked you more than once to give us your interpretation of the meaning of those words and you are either unable to do that or you just flat out refuse to believe His words.

Which one is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
            Unlike you, I actually addressed the verses which you quoted. Your man-made theology is contradicted by the following words of the Lord Jesus Christ:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

I've asked you more than once to give us your interpretation of the meaning of those words and you are either unable to do that or you just flat out refuse to believe His words.

Which one is it?
            As Stripe just said, Barbarian isn't interested in the truth, just his own made up fantasy.
            Originally posted by Stripe View Post
            He's desperately trying to convince everyone that he doesn't read every post of mine and even more committed to his notion that he doesn't reject the plain teaching of the Bible.

Bible says "six days." Barbarian: "Billions of years"

The whole Earth? "Local flood."

Faith alone, by grace? "Works are necessary."

Fortunately, he seems to have given up on this thread, so perhaps we can have a sensible discussion instead of having to wade through "observations" from a blind man.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
              As Stripe just said, Barbarian isn't interested in the truth, just his own made up fantasy.
              He certainly does not understand the following verse because he going about to establish his own righteousness:
              "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Ro.10:3-4).

Barbarian also doesn't understand what Paul wrote here:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Ro.4:5).

Barbarian "works" but he doesn't "believe" what the Lord Jesus said in the following verses:

Comment

• Originally posted by thborn View Post
                It is clear I have a lot to pray about with my Bible after reading these posts.

A couple questions that I have: How much can we humans really understand the workings of faith?
                Jesus saves us all on his own, but he tells us he saves those who get his teachings and obeys them.

If one is careful to get Jesus' teachings and obey them, they won't think they have to sell all they have and give it away, for they will know that Jesus said that to those helping him lay the foundation.

If one is careful to get Jesus' teachings and obey those teachings, they won't think that they have to be traveling ministers and go to places where they will get killed.

Obeying Jesus starts by repenting of your sins and this includes believing in falseness.
                Last edited by God's Truth; November 7th, 2019, 11:49 PM.
                Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                  Let us know when you've done enough to earn your own salvation.
                  Jesus saves us when he wants to and that is when he accepts us.

Never give up trying to get saved.

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Luke 8:11 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                    Obeying Jesus starts by repenting of your sins and this includes believing in falseness.
                    What kind of falseness?

Comment

What kind of falseness?
                      As for myself, I was involved in the Latter Day Saints denomination.

I repented of my sins and the false beliefs that went with that denomination.

Comment

As for myself, I was involved in the Latter Day Saints denomination.

I repented of my sins and the false beliefs that went with that denomination.
                        You still haven't found the truth of what it takes to be saved because you still not understand, much less believe, the gospel of grace. Could you please tell me your interpretation of the meaning of the following words of the Apostle Paul?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).

Comment

You still haven't found the truth of what it takes to be saved because you still not understand, much less believe, the gospel of grace. Could you please tell me your interpretation of the meaning of the following words of the Apostle Paul?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).
                          We have to believe that we have to obey Jesus.

Just think, for thousands of years the people were taught about God the Father and obeying Him, but now Jesus comes along and says now everyone must believe in Jesus to remain God's.

Believe in what about Jesus?

Believe that we have to obey Jesus.

Comment

Believe in what about Jesus?
                            Here is how Paul defined the gospel which is the power of God unto salvation for all who believe it:
                            "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved...For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Your ideas deny what Paul so clearly says here:

Comment

Here is how Paul defined the gospel which is the power of God unto salvation for all who believe it:
                              "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved...For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).

She went from a cult to another false belief system.
                              Last edited by Right Divider; November 8th, 2019, 03:22 PM. Reason: typo
                              All of my ancestors are human.
                              Originally posted by Squeaky
                              That explains why your an idiot.
                              Originally posted by God's Truth
                              Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                              Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                              (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                              (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

We have to believe that we have to OBEY this person Jesus.

No such thing anywhere ever about having to believe that we have to believe and not obey anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X