1 TIMOTHY 1:16 PAUL IS OUR PATTERN OF SALVATION

DougE

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul persecuted the church of God, but Paul obtained mercy and became a pattern of our salvation.

Our pattern, our example of believing faith is to be found only in Paul's epistles.

We do not pattern how to be saved unto eternal life in this dispensation of grace from any other dispensation, or from any other books in the Bible other than the epistles of Paul.

DAN P

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul persecuted the church of God, but Paul obtained mercy and became a pattern of our salvation.

Our pattern, our example of believing faith is to be found only in Paul's epistles.

We do not pattern how to be saved unto eternal life in this dispensation of grace from any other dispensation, or from any other books in the Bible other than the epistles of Paul.

Hi Doug , and 1 Tim 1:15 Paul is NOT the Chief of Sinners as the Greek word PROTO means FIRST and NOT CHIEF !!EVERLASTING LIFE !!

In verse 16 , the same Greek word is used PROTOS in order that in ME PROTOS/FIRST Christ Jesus might show forth all longsuffering for a PATTERN OF THE ONES COMING to believe on Him ( CHRIST ) unto everlasting life !! dan p

DougE

Hi Doug , and 1 Tim 1:15 Paul is NOT the Chief of Sinners as the Greek word PROTO means FIRST and NOT CHIEF !!EVERLASTING LIFE !!

In verse 16 , the same Greek word is used PROTOS in order that in ME PROTOS/FIRST Christ Jesus might show forth all longsuffering for a PATTERN OF THE ONES COMING to believe on Him ( CHRIST ) unto everlasting life !! dan p

Yes in fact 1 Timothy 1:16 clarifies this "that in me first"

God's Truth

No. Paul is worse than many will have ever been.

Paul tried to destroy the church.

He had men and women who believed in Jesus dragged out of their houses and put in prison.

He approved of their deaths.

Paul is a pattern for the people who have done violent things in their life.

People should be careful not to make Paul a hypocrite who curses himself.

Paul did not come preaching another gospel.

He came and taught the one and only gospel that saves and was taught by Jesus and the other disciples before Paul came along.

God's Truth

We don't have to throw in Greek words. Everything you said could have said it the way it was translated in English.