JOHN 20:31 OUR SALVATION IS NOT FOUND IN MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE OR JOHN

DougE

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Israel was to believe only in the name of Jesus. Israel was to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. There is nothing at this time of the redemption by the cross. The gospel for our salvation is not found in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

These verses are saying that salvation is only in the name of Jesus.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16 is one of the most popular of verses for evangelism and while true, is not the verse we should be using exclusively, as there is nothing in this verse of the cross. Notice that in verse 18 it is by not believing in the name of the only begotten Son of God that one is condemned.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Even after the resurrection of Jesus, the name of Jesus was still being preached for the remission of sins and salvation.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Israel will receive eternal life by believing on the name of Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Today it is true that we glorify and believe in the name of Jesus, but we also trust in him and his complete redemption by the cross for our eternal life (Ephesians 2:16 Colossians 1:20 1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

Jerry Shugart

Do you not understannd the meaning of the word "whoever" in the following passage?:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

JOHN 20:31 OUR SALVATION IS NOT FOUND IN MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE OR JOHN
I found salvation in Luke

Luke 19:9
8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9 And Jesus said unto him, [JESUS]This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.[/JESUS]
10 [JESUS]For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.[/JESUS]​

Last edited:

iamaberean

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Israel was to believe only in the name of Jesus. Israel was to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. There is nothing at this time of the redemption by the cross. The gospel for our salvation is not found in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

You are right, Jesus came as Israel's Messiah.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

DougE

I found salvation in Luke

Luke 19:9
8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9 And Jesus said unto him, [JESUS]This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.[/JESUS]
10 [JESUS]For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.[/JESUS]​

Yes there was salvation but the verse you gave was about the kingdom on earth (V11)and Zacchaeus was a Jew (v 9).....Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel .....Matthew 1:21 and Matthew 10:6 Matthew 15:24 says it was for Israel's sins

popsthebuilder1

I thought He came for the sins of the whole world.

He even ignored the sumarian woman and insinuated she was as a dog; right up until He said she had great faith.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder1

Your post was off topic.

And... we can't be friends if you still reject the deity of Christ.
I didn't reject it to begin with.

I tend to reject the deity of man; creation, the temporal.

How was it off topic; I thought the topic was that Jesus came for the Jew only. I showed that though such is the case. It is also said that He came for all, and supported it by speaking about the words He spoke to the sumarian woman.

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't reject it to begin with.

I tend to reject the deity of man; creation, the temporal.

How was it off topic; I thought the topic was that Jesus came for the Jew only. I showed that though such is the case. It is also said that He came for all, and supported it by speaking about the words He spoke to the sumarian woman.
We all know that gentiles could join with Israel, even since the day that they left Egypt.

Exo 12:48-51 KJV And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. (49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you. (50) Thus did all the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they. (51) And it came to pass the selfsame day, that the LORD did bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt by their armies.

We also know that God separated Israel from other people (gentiles).

Lev 20:22-26 KJV Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out. (23) And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. (24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people. (25) Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. (26) And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

We also NOW know that the body of Christ has NEITHER Jew nor Greek. That's a change.

popsthebuilder1

We all know that gentiles could join with Israel, even since the day that they left Egypt.

Exo 12:48-51 KJV And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. (49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you. (50) Thus did all the children of Israel; as the LORD commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they. (51) And it came to pass the selfsame day, that the LORD did bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt by their armies.

We also know that God separated Israel from other people (gentiles).

Lev 20:22-26 KJV Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out. (23) And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. (24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people. (25) Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. (26) And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

We also NOW know that the body of Christ has NEITHER Jew nor Greek. That's a change.
Yes I suppose that is a change sort of....but you just said the gentile could be brought into the fold even at Exodus....so not really

I don't see how it is a salvific issue and we agree that now the body of Christ is comprised of the believer not divided along lines determined by men.

peace

Right Divider

Body part
Yes I suppose that is a change sort of....but you just said the gentile could be brought into the fold even at Exodus....so not really
So you cannot even see the difference of God separating Israel from other people?

I don't see how it is a salvific issue and we agree that now the body of Christ is comprised of the believer not divided along lines determined by men.
There are different kinds of salvation in the Bible.

Eternal life is available to all.

The church which is His body is NOT the same as the nation of Israel.

popsthebuilder1

So you cannot even see the difference of God separating Israel from other people?

There are different kinds of salvation in the Bible.

Eternal life is available to all.

The church which is His body is NOT the same as the nation of Israel.
I'm not talking about any nation my friend.

Israel was separate in that they were GOD'S chosen....but that seems to have changed when they neglected and manipulated that directing

popsthebuilder1

I was.

That change is only temporary as Paul clearly explains in Romans 11
I don't know what you mean by temporary.

Is the boC not comprised of the believer from around the world? Is it not the will of GOD that all come into the fold as one flock and one people under GOD through HIS Word?

Right Divider

Body part
I don't know what you mean by temporary.
Why is that hard to understand?

Is the boC not comprised of the believer from around the world? Is it not the will of GOD that all come into the fold as one flock and one people under GOD through HIS Word?
I see your confusion. You're a Bible masher/blender that does not take the Word at its word.

Once again, see Romans 11 to see that Israel will be restored in the future.

popsthebuilder1

Why is that hard to understand?

I see your confusion. You're a Bible masher/blender that does not take the Word at its word.

Once again, see Romans 11 to see that Israel will be restored in the future.
Will be restored in the future is not a temporary thing just because it hasn't happened yet.

I do not needlessly divide things that show no division in Scripture

popsthebuilder1

That mades NO sense whatsoever.

On the contrary, you smash things into a "Bible smoothie".

God put the divisions and I respect those.
I'm sorry. I look forward to the coming of the kingdom of GOD; and generally don't get hung up on things that don't pertain to today