JOHN 20:23 IS NOT FOR THE CHURCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Is Jesus God? Yes? Then God became something other than what He had always been.

That. Is. A. Change.
    Then how are you using the term "change" when scripture says GOD does not change?

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
      Then how are you using the term "change" when scripture says GOD does not change?
      Please quote those scriptures that say that.
      All of my ancestors are human.
      Originally posted by Squeaky
      That explains why your an idiot.
      Originally posted by God's Truth
      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
        You seriously don't remember any scriptures saying GOD does not change?

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
        We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Here's one for you.

Malachi 3:6 King James Version (KJV)
          6 For I am the Lord, I change not;
          He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

You seriously don't remember any scriptures saying GOD does not change?
            You're saying that there are a whole bunch. I just want to see what you're thinking and evaluate the context of those verses.

Is this an unfair request?

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
              Here's one for you.

Malachi 3:6 King James Version (KJV)
              6 For I am the Lord, I change not;
              And this is EXACTLY the kind of problem that we get from taking this HALF of a verse OUT OF CONTEXT.

Mal 3:6 KJV For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

There is a CONTEXT here. Any idea what it is?

Comment

And this is EXACTLY the kind of problem that we get from taking this HALF of a verse OUT OF CONTEXT.

Mal 3:6 KJV For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

There is a CONTEXT here. Any idea what it is?
                I'll bet you can tell me.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                  I'll bet you can tell me.
                  It's right there in the verse itself (if you don't just read the first half in isolation).

It's referring to God not going back on His promises to Israel even though they had been extremely disobedient.

Comment

It's right there in the verse itself (if you don't just read the first half in isolation).

It's referring to God not going back on His promises to Israel even though they had been extremely disobedient.
                    Would you be so kind as to explain this one also?

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)
                    8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post

Before we begin verse hopping, do you now understand Malachi 3:6?

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

The "therefore" means because or on account of.
                        Because GOD does not change.
                        On account of GOD does not change.
                        GOD's character (His innate being) won't change, and therefore His oaths can always be counted on.

So I'm not seeing the problem with what BR believes ---- that GOD does not change.
                        Ya'll seem to be a little overcritical of him.

Comment

That's a good one too.
                          There are several.
                          Here's another.

James 1 KJV
                          (17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Comment

• Be good to each other.
                            It's a good study and worth kicking around between brothers and sisters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                              The "therefore" means because or on account of.
                              Because GOD does not change.
                              On account of GOD does not change.
                              GOD's character (His innate being) won't change, and therefore His oaths can always be counted on.
                              That is exactly what I said.

So I'm not seeing the problem with what BR believes ---- that GOD does not change.
                              Ya'll seem to be a little overcritical of him.
                              How did this thread get derailed?

Comment

Who did Paul follow?
                                1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Comment

Working...
                                X