JOHN 20:23 IS NOT FOR THE CHURCH

Right Divider

Body part
Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Classic OUT OF CONTEXT quotes will get you nowhere.

Some people use that verse to "prove" that Jesus Christ had a human body before He was born into the world.

That verse does NOT, in any way, shape or form, say that Christ cannot reveal NEW information OR have TWO unique ministries.

That verse is confirming the deity of Christ and His unchanging character.

The word SAME there has a CONTEXT. It does NOT means "the same in every possible way".

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Classic OUT OF CONTEXT quotes will get you nowhere.

Some people use that verse to "prove" that Jesus Christ had a human body before He was born into the world.

That verse does NOT, in any way, shape or form, say that Christ cannot reveal NEW information OR have TWO unique ministries.

That verse is confirming the deity of Christ and His unchanging character.

The word SAME there has a CONTEXT. It does NOT means "the same in every possible way".

So you're saying that Jesus changes.

Right Divider

Body part
So you're saying that Jesus changes.
NOPE!

I'm saying that Jesus can give Paul a different ministry if He so chooses. And the Bible clearly demonstrates that that is exactly what He did.

So quit with the false allegations and out of context scripture quotes.

P.S. Did Jesus have a human body BEFORE He was conceived in Mary's womb?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NOPE!

I'm saying that Jesus can give Paul a different ministry if He so chooses. And the Bible clearly demonstrates that that is exactly what He did.

So quit with the false allegations and out of context scripture quotes.

P.S. Did Jesus have a human body BEFORE He was conceived in Mary's womb?

I never said that He didn't give different ministries

Right Divider

Body part
Luk 22:35-36 KJV And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. (36) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Oh no... Jesus changed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Answer the question, BR.

Did Jesus, God the Son, become a man?

I cannot believe you're asking these silly questions. But to appease your lack of knowledge yes God the Son became a man. Did He become any less God when He became man?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope! Because I believe it.
You believe two things that contradict.

Either "God does not change, period," or God changed, at least to the extent that God the Son became a man."

So which is more important to you, BR? God's absolute immutability? Or the Incarnation?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You believe two things that contradict.

Either "God does not change, period," or God changed, at least to the extent that God the Son became a man."

So which is more important to you, BR? God's absolute immutability? Or the Incarnation?

God is absolutely immutable. Why would you say different? Was Jesus God as a man? God is God. You don't believe in His absolute immutability or His total omniscience. What else don't you believe?