God hated Esau !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeke View Post
    Romans 7:5-6. shows these two are conscience states John 3:6, 3:12, not two flesh and blood siblings, all of scripture is about the old man verses the new man Galatians 4:20-30, earthly becoming heavenly "minded" not two physical races of people, no jew nor gentile, male or female, Calvinist nor baptist or any other creed of men that believe the historical dead letter literally, and are waiting for an outside Saviour to come back as a flesh Christ that is in man asleep in ignorance 1 Cor 3:16.

Its spiritual history of one (pattern) man Adam and his flesh and spiritual states, that are good and evil Patterns of experience for all men coming onto this world John 1:9, John 3:13, unveiled at the end as Christ John 5:39, that all men move and have their being in Acts 17:28, God's will is all be saved/reconciled Gen 33:10, so your earthly minded creed based on dead letters is an Anathema to understanding that process from dark to light 1 Cor 15:44-45, will everything of old Adam be saved, no, but that's true of everyone born of flesh, like John the baptist you preach condemnation on those you perceive reprobates while you have special status with God as an elect man John 8:33, but that's only earthly based wind up until John the baptist, Matt 11:11, not the good news for all men that's spiritually discerned Galatians 3:3.
    I believe you speak error.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by betsy123 View Post
      Yes.

The term "hate" that is used in the Scriptures, isn't to be confused with the human emotion of hatred.

A lot of non-believers quote-mine Scriptural verses as evidence that the Scriptures is full of contradictions. How can a hating God be a loving God, they point out.
      i stated what the hate meant. Its rejected of God.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
        I believe you speak error.
        I know that you both speak error.
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post
          Reprobation is a biblical truth. It cannot be denied.
          In a sense....yes. The word "reprobate" which is archaic now, was used in the King James Bible. It is not used by modern versions, the word debased has been substituted. Debased means immoral, or sinful. But as I said....this is not something that God would not have known when he made the world. We know this because all living things exist in populations. We have a population of humans on this planet now in excess of 7 billion people. Based on science and mathematics, we can estimate or confidently establish certain traits. For example, let's take intelligence as measured by IQ. We know that the vast majority of humans fall around the average of 100. Yet, going out past a certain number of standard deviations from that mean, there is a certain percentage of those who have extremely low IQ's and those who have extremely high IQ's. So, in this population of people, there are some really dumb people and some really smart people, and the vast majority of people are somewhere in between. This is something God would obviously have known prior to his decision to create people.

All the sons of Adam are born at enmity against God. Human depravity is universal.
          That is not true. There are plenty of moral people who live in the world, and there are plenty of sinners. Even the bible itself states this by calling Abel righteous and Cain wicked.

Jesus himself disagreed with your assertion by plainly stating that there are both righteous and wicked people on the planet. He also called Abel righteous in Matthew 23:35, thus confirming that from one parent, ADAM came both righteous and unrighteous people. Both just and unjust people exist on this planet.

In addition to this, Jesus disagreed with the idea of universal depravity by claiming that children are righteous members of God's kingdom....not unrighteous and depraved. Matthew 18:10.

Only God's grace and determination to reverse this hatred He receives from mankind, saves some.
          It is truly amazing that humans exist on this planet. Yet, like all other populations of species that have ever existed, there will come a time when we won't. We can observe that species are born, they live, they thrive, then they die. Our time will come one day, in some form or another, and we ourselves could become extinct.

In any event, I'd like to argue against the notion of people hating God by offering a simple question for you and all readers.

How does one hate what one does not know? Or, how is it possible to hate a person whom you have never met?

Comment

guyver

There are plenty of moral people who live in the world,
            Moral and very sincere religious people are still depraved and work iniquity. Jesus told some very religious and i believe moral and sincere people this in scripture Matt 7:22

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Believe it or not, their good morality and sincerity in religion was their main work of iniquity and depravity !

Thats the Mystery of iniquity Paul writes of 2 Thess 2:7

See man by nature cant see how mans morality can be iniquity before God !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Beloved57, are you familiar with the verse James 1:27? It claims that there is such a thing as pure and undefined religion. So, what you said above doesn’t apply to those practitioners. Like the first two humans ever naturally born on the planet - according to the book of Genesis - one was evil, one was good. There are good religious people and bad religious people.

In any event, I’d like to hear you answer to the question I posed above. How is it possible to hate someone you’ve never met?

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                Beloved57, are you familiar with the verse James 1:27? It claims that there is such a thing as pure and undefined religion. So, what you said above doesn’t apply to those practitioners. Like the first two humans ever naturally born on the planet - according to the book of Genesis - one was evil, one was good. There are good religious people and bad religious people.

In any event, I’d like to hear you answer to the question I posed above. How is it possible to hate someone you’ve never met?
                Not interested

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Not interested

I guess you're not interested in this either...
                  Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                  So you think God contradicted Himself when he said we should really hate our family if we want to love God, in direct contradiction to God commanding us to honor our parents.

Do you also think that when someone says "let's hit the road," they mean to grab a sledgehammer and start pounding the road with it?

Comment

Not interested

I’m not surprised. It doesn’t seem anyone else does either. Well, I’ll just clear it up then. It is false to claim that men hate God. Men may hate religion, they may hate the idea of God presented in the Bible, but they don’t hate God because they’ve never met him.

Comment

Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

And even though here esau is an individual I believe hes representative of all individuals outside the purpose of God according to election Vs11. This hatered equates to being rejected of God

Now why did God hate esau ? The scripture doesn't say, but it wasn't because he was a sinner or a depraved person.

I know this because Paul had wrote:

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

So Gods hatred and rejection of esau wasn't for any foreseen evil he would do, in fact the hatred was formed for him before he existed [not yet born]

Gods hatred for him and all outside of gracious election, is simply His own Sovereign will from within Himself.
                      Have you ever read this scripture
                      in the book of Revelation?

Revelation 3:5
                      He that overcometh,
                      the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
                      and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
                      but I will confess his name before my Father,
                      and before his angels.

Comment

I have given you sufficient scripture.

I agree: you gave us sufficient scripture against which, by way of contrast, we are easily able to see, bright and clear, just how dismally, and how necessarily, you have failed in your anti-Scriptural claim. Romans 9 kills your false doctrine. Thank you, sir.
                        All my ancestors are human.
                        PS: All your ancestors are human.
                        PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Comment

...they don’t hate God because they’ve never met him.
                          2 John 1:9
                          John 15:23
                          My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                          Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                          Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                          Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                          No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                          Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
                            I agree: you gave us sufficient scripture against which, by way of contrast, we are easily able to see, bright and clear, just how dismally, and how necessarily, you have failed in your anti-Scriptural claim. Romans 9 kills your false doctrine. Thank you, sir.
                            We will see in the day of Judgment who teaches false doctrine.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
                              2 John 1:9
                              John 15:23
                              No one has seen God at any time.

The Gospel of Saint John, chapter one.

Comment

No one has seen God at any time.

The Gospel of Saint John, chapter one.
                                "Seen" vs. "hate." Reconcile the scriptures, please.
                                My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                                Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                                Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                                Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                                No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                                Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Working...
                                X