X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DougE View Post
    THE APOSTLES DID NOT PREACH THE SAME GOSPEL
    Note that they did, for:

1 Corinthians 15:11 . . . whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bibleverse2 View Post
      Note that they did, for:

1 Corinthians 15:11 . . . whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
      It says that people believed what was preached from either "I or they".

That verse does NOT say that they preached the "same thing".
      All of my ancestors are human.
      Originally posted by Squeaky
      That explains why your an idiot.
      Originally posted by God's Truth
      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by bibleverse2 View Post
        Note that they did, for:

The audience in this epistle also consisted of believers who believed the preaching of Peter and the others. They believed the gospel of the kingdom.

Comment

• Only one good news gospel that saves.

Starting with John the baptizer, then Jesus himself, and all the way from Peter to Paul we are told to repent and have faith.

JOHN THE BAPTIZER

Luke 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves,

PAUL

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

JESUS

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Comment

• The gospel good news is Jesus Christ.

Mark 1:1 [ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

Acts 5:42 Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20 Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 14:15 “Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Acts 17:18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

Hebrews 4:2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

There is one gospel good news.

Comment

• 1 Thessalonians 2:14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea,

which are in Christ Jesus:

You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews

15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out.

They displease God and are hostile to everyone

16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved.

16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved.

Paul tells the GENTILES to be imitators of the churches in Judea. The churches in Judea are the churches of JEWS. Now remember, Paul was sent far away from the Jews because they thought he was trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that he could put them in prison.
              So we see in those scriptures that show us there are JEWS that were called CHURCH, which is the BODY OF CHRIST---and that was not established by Paul.

Comment

• Jesus said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Peter preached Jesus died for our sins.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

...and that Jesus was raised from the dead...

Acts 5:31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

...and that we have to believe in Jesus...

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Paul taught the exact same thing.

Comment

• Isaiah

The LORD has made his life a sacrifice for our wrongdoings. See Isaiah 53:10.
                  It was the LORD’s will to crush him with suffering. See Isaiah 53:10.
                  Jesus bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. See Isaiah 53:12

Jesus

God sanctifies us by the truth; His word is truth. John 17:17.
                  Jesus sanctified himself, that he may truly sanctify us. John 17:19.
                  God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. John 3:16.
                  All who reject Jesus will one day face God’s wrath. John 3:36
                  His words are life. John 6:63

Peter

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.
                  2 Peter 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of Judgment.

John

Jesus appeared so that he might take away our sins. See 1 John 3:5.
                  He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12.

Paul

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. See Colossians 1:19-21.
                  1 Corinthians 15:3
                  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

The exact same message from all.

Comment

• Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

Comment

• Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Acts 8:32 This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: "He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Paul preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

Peter preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

John preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 John 3:5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.

Revelation 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Revelation 5:12 In a loud voice they were saying: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

Comment

• It was God’s Law given to Moses but it was called the Law of Moses.

Luke 2:22 [ Jesus Presented in the Temple ] When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord

John 7:23 Now if a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing a man’s whole body on the Sabbath?

Acts 13:39 Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

1 Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned?
                        Hebrews 10:28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
                        Etc.

Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,

Paul also calls it OUR GOSPEL:

2 Corinthians 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—

2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge.

1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.

Peter calls it the gospel of God, just as PAUL DOES.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

There is only one Gospel, and it is God's Gospel, the Gospel of Christ, Paul's Gospel, and OUR GOSPEL.

Comment

• Revelation is about things from Jesus after he ascended into heaven and what he says is to ALL.

Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Jesus said this for EVERYONE but it was said in front of the Jews.

John 7:37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.

Here Jesus is speaking to a Samaritan woman.

John 4:10 Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

That is what Jesus said to a Samaritan woman, a woman not accepted by the Jews.

Jesus says WHOEVER.

John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Paul spoke the same thing that Jesus taught.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body--whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

If we drink Jesus' blood, and eat his flesh, we are believing and obeying. If we drink his blood and eat his flesh, Jesus gives us water to drink. The water is the Holy Spirit.

Comment

• All in Christ are in the same one and only covenant.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Here Paul speaks of the same one and only covenant:

1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Hebrews 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Hebrews 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Hebrews 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DougE View Post
                              The audience in this epistle also consisted of believers who believed the preaching of Peter and the others. They believed the gospel of the kingdom.
                              And?

What does Acts 15 tell us?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                                And?

What does Acts 15 tell us?
                                Please...you tell me

Comment

Working...
                                X