The false gospel of grace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Since there will be Gentile believers in "all nations" do you deny that the Lord Jesus refers to these Gentiles as sheep?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world"
    (Mt.25:31-34).

Paul may not but the Lord Jesus does.
    I very much enjoy your apples and oranges.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      I very much enjoy your apples and oranges.
      Do you deny that the Lord Jesus referred to Gentile believers as sheep?

Comment

Do you deny that the Lord Jesus referred to Gentile believers as sheep?
        Poor Jerry... always looking to "one up" everyone.

I deny the following:
        • That the "other sheep" of John 10:16 are gentiles.
        • That Paul ever calls any believer a sheep in any of his epistles.

Thanks for playing Jerry.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

So these words of Paul addressed to the church at Corinth are not addressed to those in the Body of Christ?:
          "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1Cor.11:31-32).

You say that "This has nothing to do with any one of us as we are not of the 1 Corinthians 11:29-30 KJV."
          I never said that the words Paul spoke there were not to members of the Body of Christ (although those at Corinth were not all members of the church, which is His Body). I said it had none to do with us.

It's a letter of correction to an idolatrous group, specifically to those at the time and this particular portion of the epistle is about their divisiveness (1 Corinthians 11:17:18 KJV), heresies (1 Corinthians 11:19 KJV), the Lord's supper (what they were calling what they were doing though their command was to not do it (1 Corinthians 11:20-22 KJV) and Paul receiving of the Lord about the night the Lord was betrayed (1 Corinthians 11:23 KJV) including the consequences of what the 12 were under had they not (1 Corinthians 11:24-32 KJV which should never be misconstrued to have anything to do with members of the Body of Christ, then or now), and then back to those at Corinth (1 Corinthians 11:33-34 KJV).

Here is what Paul said at another place in this epistle:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

Do you deny that Paul is referring to the Church, which is His Body?
          Nope. It's how all members of the Body of Christ are baptized (identified) upon trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Go bark up someone else's tree. I'm not interested in discussing anything with you. Been there, done that, bought the shirt.
          2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

Poor Jerry... always looking to "one up" everyone.
            Poor Right Divider...always denying the words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law because he has been told that the Jews who lived under the law couldn't be saved apart from works. Here is what the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

Comment

Originally posted by heir View Post
              It's a letter of correction to an idolatrous group...
              So Paul's words here were addressed to an idolatrous group?:

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world"
              (1Cor.11:31-32).

When Paul used the words "we" and "ourselves" he was including himself. So he obviously thought that he should judge himself.

Do you judge yourself?

Comment

Poor Right Divider...always denying the words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law because he has been told that the Jews who lived under the law couldn't be saved apart from works. Here is what the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

Poor Jerry cannot reply to what people are posting to him. Instead his religious zealotry requires him to always fall back to a few pet verses.

Comment

Originally posted by heir View Post
                  I thought you would attempt to respond to this yourself, at the very least, in light of the passages provided. I'm not interested in reading articles by bible blenders.
                  Sometimes others put it better than I do.
                  He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Poor Jerry cannot reply to what people are posting to him. Instead his religious zealotry requires him to always fall back to a few pet verses.
                    When you refer to my pet verses are you referring to the words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law at John 6:47, His words which you deny over and over?

Not only do you deny them, you run and hide when challenged to give your interpretation of the meaning of these words:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                      When you refer to my pet verses are you referring to the words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law at John 6:47, His words which you deny over and over?
                      No, I do NOT deny them. Your false accusations are tiring.

Not only do you deny them, you run and hide when challenged to give your interpretation of the meaning of these words:
                      Quit lying about me Jerry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                        Quit lying about me Jerry.
                        It is a simple thing to prove that I am lying by telling us where you ever gave us an interpretation of the meaning of the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

If you cannot point to a specific post where you addressed those words of His then you can now give your interpretation of the meaning of His words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                          It is a simple thing to prove that I am lying by telling us where you ever gave us an interpretation of the meaning of the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

If you cannot point to a specific post where you addressed those words of His then you can now give your interpretation of the meaning of His words.
                          Every thread is for Jerry to redirect to this....

You're an obsessive compulsive zealot that needs some help.

Comment

Every thread is for Jerry to redirect to this....
                            He has a script and he doesn't stray from it.
                            2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

You're an obsessive compulsive zealot that needs some help.
                              You are the one who needs help because you think that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works despite the following words of the Savior Himself spoken to them:

And once again you run and hide from His words when I challenged to give us your interpretation of the meaning of those words.

Comment

• Originally posted by heir View Post
                                He has a script and he doesn't stray from it.
                                Perhaps you would like to actually address my script which includes the Lord Jesus' following words spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

So us that you can actually understand what is written in the Scriptures and gives us your interpretation of the meaning of the words of the Lord Jesus Christ at John 6:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X