Uniting All People Through Sunday Laws

https://youtu.be/oHKSiFGQHdo

Progressives and conservatives already hold common ground on Blue Laws, according to Lyman Stone of Vox. Israel has already adopted Sunday's off, and have even recently ruled that shops can open on the 7th Day Biblical Sabbath.
Even Atheists have their own "Sunday Assemblies". Why do so many different swathes of people value Sunday? They are being prepared for accepting the inevitable Sunday Laws, the mark of the beast. Think I'm joking? Watch the video, and see for yourselves.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

chair

Progressives and conservatives already hold common ground on Blue Laws, according to Lyman Stone of Vox. Israel has already adopted Sunday's off, and have even recently ruled that shops can open on the 7th Day Biblical Sabbath.
Even Atheists have their own "Sunday Assemblies". Why do so many different swathes of people value Sunday? They are being prepared for accepting the inevitable Sunday Laws, the mark of the beast. Think I'm joking? Watch the video, and see for yourselves.

Israel has done what?
Weekends in Israel are Friday and Saturday. Sunday is a work day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Interesting video. I am not into this mark of the beast conspiracy. I observe the Biblical Sabbath. Often you can see me wearing tzitzit. Is the Law of Moses for today?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Israel has done what?
Weekends in Israel are Friday and Saturday. Sunday is a work day.

The weekend is Saturday. But the Sabbath ends before Saturday is over. I have observed without observing Saturday.

Interesting video. I am not into this mark of the beast conspiracy. I observe the Biblical Sabbath. Often you can see me wearing tzitzit. Is the Law of Moses for today?
The law relating to sacrifices pointed to Jesus Christ and His work as Messiah. The 10 commandments are the perfect (Psalm 19:7) standard of morality for all humanity. This includes, spending time with God, devotions, etc. The 4th commandment, the Sabbath, is just as valid today as it was 2500 years ago.

TrevorL

Greetings TheThirdAngel144,
The law relating to sacrifices pointed to Jesus Christ and His work as Messiah. The 10 commandments are the perfect (Psalm 19:7) standard of morality for all humanity. This includes, spending time with God, devotions, etc. The 4th commandment, the Sabbath, is just as valid today as it was 2500 years ago.
We are not under the Law of Moses. Jesus is the True Sabbath and we find true rest in Him.
Matthew 11:28–30 (KJV): 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings TheThirdAngel144, We are not under the Law of Moses. Jesus is the True Sabbath and we find true rest in Him.
Matthew 11:28–30 (KJV): 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Kind regards
Trevor
The Sabbath isn't part of the Law of Moses. The Bible makes this clear by placing it within the 10 commandments, within which every single commandment is moral. Leviticus 23:1-38 purposely mentions that the Sabbath is "besides" the other sabbaths and the feasts. John 7 shows Jesus saying they did a type of work, circumcision, on the Sabbath to prevent the law of Moses being broken. Notice Christ's obvious separation in 7:21-24.

[21] Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.[22] Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.[23] If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?[24] Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:21-24)

Attributing the Sabbath to the law of Moses not only doesn't make any logical sense, it also contradicts the very passages of the Bible that absolutely prove its not part of the law of Moses.

TrevorL

Greetings TheThirdAngel144,
The Sabbath isn't part of the Law of Moses.
Attributing the Sabbath to the law of Moses not only doesn't make any logical sense, it also contradicts the very passages of the Bible that absolutely prove its not part of the law of Moses.
The following suggests that the 10 Commandments are part of the superseded Law of Moses.
2 Corinthians 3:5–11 (KJV): 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Hebrews 4 clearly explains the teaching and present status of the Sabbath Law. I live in Australia and the main activity is not going to Church on Sunday, but shopping and sport. I doubt that the SDA teaching and other Sabbath groups concept about Sunday Sabbath Law will ever be realised in Australia. I imagine that SDAs are convinced by EGWs views rather than what the Bible actually teaches.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings TheThirdAngel144, The following suggests that the 10 Commandments are part of the superseded Law of Moses.
2 Corinthians 3:5–11 (KJV): 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Hebrews 4 clearly explains the teaching and present status of the Sabbath Law. I live in Australia and the main activity is not going to Church on Sunday, but shopping and sport. I doubt that the SDA teaching and other Sabbath groups concept about Sunday Sabbath Law will ever be realised in Australia. I imagine that SDAs are convinced by EGWs views rather than what the Bible actually teaches.

Kind regards
Trevor
You conveniently missed verse 3, which says:

[3] forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. (2 Corinthians 3:3)

The laws, Thou shalt not kill, steal, etc are written on the tables of Christian hearts. Interestingly enough, Hebrews 4 proves the validity of the 7th Day Sabbath. That's why verse 9 clearly says:

[9] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. (Hebrews 4:9)

That word rest is originally the Greek word, Sabbatismos, which means a keeping Sabbath. The 7th Day Sabbath still remians, and even planet earth will for the 6:1 cycle. It's part of God's character. And even in the new heavens and new earth, the Sabbath will still be kept.

[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 66:22-23)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The reason businesses the world over pause their work on Sunday is because it recognizes (at least on a basic level) that Christ rose on a Sunday.

The reason businesses the world over pause their work on Sunday is because it recognizes (at least on a basic level) that Christ rose on a Sunday.
Christ resurrecting on Sunday is not the reason to keep Sunday holy. Christ created the world in six days, and rested the seventh day. He set it apart for a holy use. If we wish to emulate Christ, we should keep His Sabbath, for He said He is Lord of the Sabbath Day (thus, the Lord's Day) instead of Sunday.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Christ resurrecting on Sunday is not the reason to keep Sunday holy.

Not my argument.

I said that the world remembers on a basic level that Christ rose on Sunday, which is why it pauses work for a bit.

I said nothing about keeping it holy, because they don't.

Christ created the world in six days, and rested the seventh day. He set it apart for a holy use. If we wish to emulate Christ, we should keep His Sabbath, for He said He is Lord of the Sabbath Day (thus, the Lord's Day) instead of Sunday.

Rather...

Spoiler
Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.For it is written: “ As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.”So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way. - Romans 14:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans14:1-13&version=NKJV

chair

Pure projection. You must have ignored the video. The infatuation with Sunday rest is real.

I did not watch the entire video, nor will I. I live in Israel. Sunday is not a rest day, nor is it likely to be, even if some politician raised the idea a while back. I am very very sorry that this particular fact in inconvenient.

I did not watch the entire video, nor will I. I live in Israel. Sunday is not a rest day, nor is it likely to be, even if some politician raised the idea a while back. I am very very sorry that this particular fact in inconvenient.
When the world is openly bowing to the Pope's agenda, and Jews are promoting "a Sabbath" outside of the Biblical Sabbath, you best believe it's coming. It's too bad you didn't watch the video. It's loaded with facts and articles.

rstrats

re: "Christ resurrecting on Sunday is not the reason to keep Sunday holy."

Which is in line with scripture since scripture is silent with regard to anyone observing the first day of the week in honor of the resurrection.

Last edited: