No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever heard the voice of God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever heard the voice of God?

I came across the following question today.

Has anyone ever heard the voice of God? Of course, has anyone ever seen God?

Apparently there is a Muslim who takes Jesus to task on this. Saying that Jesus did not hear God's voice, or did?, at His baptism. It is a little bit confusing.

Anyone able to help with this?

Shalom.

Jacob

I have heard Gods voice once. It was awesome! Thanks to that voice, myself, wife and two children are still alive today instead of being horribly crushed to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
      I have heard Gods voice once. It was awesome! Thanks to that voice, myself, wife and two children are still alive today instead of being horribly crushed to death.
      Wow, care to expand on this?
      Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        I came across the following question today.

Has anyone ever heard the voice of God? Of course, has anyone ever seen God?

Apparently there is a Muslim who takes Jesus to task on this. Saying that Jesus did not hear God's voice, or did?, at His baptism. It is a little bit confusing.

Anyone able to help with this?

Shalom.

Jacob
        Mooslims are servants of satan

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
          Wow, care to expand on this?
          My pleasure, it’s one of the few but very cherished experiences in life that I can never forget. I’ll assume you want the whole story. Let’s see, I would have been about 38 years old and had been planning a family vacation up into the California Redwoods to take my kids camping by the river.

Anyway, I had a Nissan Fronteir rigged up pulling a pop up camper with as much gear as I could haul. We got up near the Oakland Raiders Stadium heading north and hit traffic. I got stuck behind this flatbed truck pulling these enormous spools of industrial plastic and was immediately aware because I was boxed in. We were going around sixty is and right behind this thing when I heard a voice. It was speaking like it was speaking in my ear but with authority. It said, “Pull over right now and take the next exit.” So I did. As soon as my hands began to turn toward the exit I heard this loud “snap” and it was those spools of plastic breaking loose. Just as I was moving to safety, I saw them fall off the back end of that truck and hit the ground right where we would have been only a half-second before.

I heard the screeching of tires but couldn’t see what happened. I think people behind us stopped in time, but I’m not sure of it. So, we pulled off and I asked my family if they heard that voice that told me to pull over, and they said they did not. And that is all there was... except there was a really cool vacation in the Redwoods after that.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
            Mooslims are servants of satan
            It would be nice to have an answer but I am not sure where the objection came from.

Comment

God at rare times does speak audibly, but God also speaks to our heart. Everyone with the Holy Spirit should know this quiet still voice. Some people here really seem surprised that God speaks to his servants every day ?

It happens in a Spiritual realm, not a physical realm, after all, God is a Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rondonmonson View Post
                God at rare times does speak audibly, but God also speaks to our heart. Everyone with the Holy Spirit should know this quiet still voice. Some people here really seem surprised that God speaks to his servants every day ?

It happens in a Spiritual realm, not a physical realm, after all, God is a Spirit.
                Right. But I just want to point out all these condemning people who claim to be Christian here who claim I can’t know God because I’m not Chrsitian. It’s so foolish, but it’s what their religion teaches. I may not know God very well, but he obviously knows me. And apparently, he has good reason for me to be around here.

Comment

God is invisible so He cannot be seen. Is there an analogous statement that can be made with respect to the auditory?

Comment

Here are some scriptures for discussion.
                    Deuteronomy 5:24 NASB 24 "You said, 'Behold, the LORD our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire; we have seen today that God speaks with man, yet he lives.

Isaiah 64:4 NASB 4 For from days of old they have not heard or perceived by ear, Nor has the eye seen a God besides You, Who acts in behalf of the one who waits for Him.

John 5:37 NASB 37 "And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.

Comment

as·suage

/əˈswāj/

verb

make (an unpleasant feeling) less intense.

"the letter assuaged the fears of most members"

synonyms:relieve, ease, alleviate, soothe, mitigate, dampen, allay, calm, palliate, abate, lull, temper, suppress, smother, stifle, subdue, tranquillize, mollify, moderate, modify, tone down, attenuate, dilute, lessen, diminish, decrease, reduce, lower; More

satisfy (an appetite or desire).

"an opportunity occurred to assuage her desire for knowledge"

synonyms:satisfy, fulfill, gratify, appease, indulge, relieve, slake, sate, satiate, quench, quell, overcome, check, keep in check, dull, blunt, allay, take the edge off, diminish

"her physical hunger could be quickly assuaged"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                        as·suage

/əˈswāj/

verb

make (an unpleasant feeling) less intense.

"the letter assuaged the fears of most members"

synonyms:relieve, ease, alleviate, soothe, mitigate, dampen, allay, calm, palliate, abate, lull, temper, suppress, smother, stifle, subdue, tranquillize, mollify, moderate, modify, tone down, attenuate, dilute, lessen, diminish, decrease, reduce, lower; More

satisfy (an appetite or desire).

"an opportunity occurred to assuage her desire for knowledge"

synonyms:satisfy, fulfill, gratify, appease, indulge, relieve, slake, sate, satiate, quench, quell, overcome, check, keep in check, dull, blunt, allay, take the edge off, diminish

"her physical hunger could be quickly assuaged"

Read in context basically.

Comment

John 1:18 NASB - 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained [Him.]

Comment

I ever stated else where that He actually "show" me His Trinity.

Usually, encounters of this kind are planned ahead, and that somehow you will have at least one witness.

Comment

John 1:19-34 NASB - 19 This is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent to him priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" 20 And he confessed and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ." 21 They asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" And he said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" And he answered, "No." 22 Then they said to him, "Who are you, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?" 23 He said, "I am A VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, 'MAKE STRAIGHT THE WAY OF THE LORD,' as Isaiah the prophet said." 24 Now they had been sent from the Pharisees. 25 They asked him, and said to him, "Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?" 26 John answered them saying, "I baptize in water, [but] among you stands One whom you do not know. 27 "[It is] He who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie." 28 These things took place in Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing. 29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 "This is He on behalf of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.' 31 "I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water." 32 John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. 33 "I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, 'He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.' 34 "I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God."

Comment

Working...
                              X