Mark says,
a voice came out of the heavens:​
Luke says,
a voice came out of heaven,​
John doesn’t say.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said what I said. If you don't understand, just leave it there for others to read.

Fair enough. Thank you.

I have accepted the Trinity in a particular way, but I don't believe that it is required knowledge to be saved.

Arthur Brain

My pleasure, it’s one of the few but very cherished experiences in life that I can never forget. I’ll assume you want the whole story. Let’s see, I would have been about 38 years old and had been planning a family vacation up into the California Redwoods to take my kids camping by the river.

Anyway, I had a Nissan Fronteir rigged up pulling a pop up camper with as much gear as I could haul. We got up near the Oakland Raiders Stadium heading north and hit traffic. I got stuck behind this flatbed truck pulling these enormous spools of industrial plastic and was immediately aware because I was boxed in. We were going around sixty is and right behind this thing when I heard a voice. It was speaking like it was speaking in my ear but with authority. It said, “Pull over right now and take the next exit.” So I did. As soon as my hands began to turn toward the exit I heard this loud “snap” and it was those spools of plastic breaking loose. Just as I was moving to safety, I saw them fall off the back end of that truck and hit the ground right where we would have been only a half-second before.

I heard the screeching of tires but couldn’t see what happened. I think people behind us stopped in time, but I’m not sure of it. So, we pulled off and I asked my family if they heard that voice that told me to pull over, and they said they did not. And that is all there was... except there was a really cool vacation in the Redwoods after that.

Wow, that's the kind of thing you would remember and in detail...

Thanks for sharing.

:cheers:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Wow, that's the kind of thing you would remember and in detail...

Thanks for sharing.

:cheers:

Thanks. I’ve wondered if the experience was from my own mind...but, since I’ve had other experiences I consider supernatural I’m still chalking this one up to God.

Aimiel

Has anyone ever heard the voice of God?
Yes, Moses did. The Israelites with him did, also; and then they begged him to hear God alone and report to them what He said, as His Voice frightened them. He is an all-consuming fire and to the un-regenerate can seem terrifying. The fire that is Him is purifying and un-quenchable. One evangelist in the 'River' movement (can't remember his name right now) was quoted as saying: "Too many people say, "Consume me, Lord!" and then try to negotiate with the flames. God isn't controllable. He isn't tolerant of sin. He forgives, but He doesn't want us to stay in our sin.

I've heard Him speak, but I believe that it was The Holy Spirit, Whom any believer can hear, if they seek and search for His Voice with all of their heart. I've quoted Him many times, during prophecy. I've also heard Him speak to my spirit the same words, verbatim, that I was hearing a prophet speak at a meeting one time after I asked Him if what the prophet was saying truly was from Him.
Of course, has anyone ever seen God?
Moses came the closest to seeing God. He put His Hand over Moses' eyes and lifted His Hand after He walked past him in the cleft of a rock. Moses caught a glimpse of the residue of God having walked past. His face was then so changed to holiness that he had to wear a veil to keep from causing people to be overwhelmed by the way he looked. Jesus certainly saw The Father before He began creation, but there is no way that a flesh-and-blood person could see God and live.
Apparently there is a Muslim who takes Jesus to task on this. Saying that Jesus did not hear God's voice, or did?, at His baptism.
The voice that was heard was indeed The Father, proclaiming His Son and verifying that He speaks on behalf of God. Mooslims don't know God or Jesus, they're attempting to find ways to discredit anything to do with God and Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Moses did. The Israelites with him did, also; and then they begged him to hear God alone and report to them what He said, as His Voice frightened them. He is an all-consuming fire and to the un-regenerate can seem terrifying. The fire that is Him is purifying and un-quenchable. One evangelist in the 'River' movement (can't remember his name right now) was quoted as saying: "Too many people say, "Consume me, Lord!" and then try to negotiate with the flames. God isn't controllable. He isn't tolerant of sin. He forgives, but He doesn't want us to stay in our sin.

I've heard Him speak, but I believe that it was The Holy Spirit, Whom any believer can hear, if they seek and search for His Voice with all of their heart. I've quoted Him many times, during prophecy. I've also heard Him speak to my spirit the same words, verbatim, that I was hearing a prophet speak at a meeting one time after I asked Him if what the prophet was saying truly was from Him.Moses came the closest to seeing God. He put His Hand over Moses' eyes and lifted His Hand after He walked past him in the cleft of a rock. Moses caught a glimpse of the residue of God having walked past. His face was then so changed to holiness that he had to wear a veil to keep from causing people to be overwhelmed by the way he looked. Jesus certainly saw The Father before He began creation, but there is no way that a flesh-and-blood person could see God and live. The voice that was heard was indeed The Father, proclaiming His Son and verifying that He speaks on behalf of God. Mooslims don't know God or Jesus, they're attempting to find ways to discredit anything to do with God and Jesus.

I believe that the Scriptures say that no one has seen God at any time. I believe that this is because He is invisible. To those who were listening Jesus said you have not heard from Him or seen Him. Muslims believe Jesus to be a prophet.

Rondonmonson

My pleasure, it’s one of the few but very cherished experiences in life that I can never forget. I’ll assume you want the whole story. Let’s see, I would have been about 38 years old and had been planning a family vacation up into the California Redwoods to take my kids camping by the river.

Anyway, I had a Nissan Fronteir rigged up pulling a pop up camper with as much gear as I could haul. We got up near the Oakland Raiders Stadium heading north and hit traffic. I got stuck behind this flatbed truck pulling these enormous spools of industrial plastic and was immediately aware because I was boxed in. We were going around sixty is and right behind this thing when I heard a voice. It was speaking like it was speaking in my ear but with authority. It said, “Pull over right now and take the next exit.” So I did. As soon as my hands began to turn toward the exit I heard this loud “snap” and it was those spools of plastic breaking loose. Just as I was moving to safety, I saw them fall off the back end of that truck and hit the ground right where we would have been only a half-second before.

I heard the screeching of tires but couldn’t see what happened. I think people behind us stopped in time, but I’m not sure of it. So, we pulled off and I asked my family if they heard that voice that told me to pull over, and they said they did not. And that is all there was... except there was a really cool vacation in the Redwoods after that.

So I backtracked from your other post to observe your post. Firstly you can have an encounter with God and not "KNOW HIM" personally. He can be answering Prayers by a mother/father, or someone who is praying for you in the Spirit. It can be an Angels voice, God knows the future and he may see that you come unto Him later and He protects you now, more than you know. To know God personally is far different however, its like a mothers love time a Trillion, its like you are smothered in love and tranquility.

There is but ONE God, Jesus the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are ONE in Spirit. Either He sees future with you OR He was answering a loved ones prayers. God doesn't wait forever however. There is a time for everything.

Aimiel

I believe that the Scriptures say that no one has seen God at any time. I believe that this is because He is invisible.
Angels can see Him. Jesus said that He had seen Him. He isn't invisible. It is simply that were men to see Him, they would (I believe) die. My understanding is that spirit is above flesh. It is more than we can imagine. It has form and can travel at the speed of thought. Our temporal realm is reserved unto fire against the Day of Judgement. That means that everything that is made of matter will be consumed by fire on Judgement Day. Scripture says that God will roll up the heavens like a scroll and put them away in His Drawer. Don't imagine God to be this wispy ghost-like thing such as Hollywood portrays. We simply cannot comprehend the spirit realm. It is greater than the physical (temporal or temporary realm).
To those who were listening Jesus said you have not heard from Him or seen Him. Muslims believe Jesus to be a prophet.
He was speaking to un-believers when He said that those listening had never heard Him. I believe that many men have heard God and that Jesus came to seek and to save 'that which was lost.' What was lost? Relationship! In the garden Adam lost his relationship with God. Jesus came to restore that relationship. We are able to walk with God in the cool of the day and fellowship with Him because He looks at us as if we've never sinned. We are as pure as Adam was on the day he was created. Jesus' Blood cleanses us of all un-righteousness. Muslims don't believe that, at all. They think of Jesus as insignificant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Angels can see Him. Jesus said that He had seen Him. He isn't invisible. It is simply that were men to see Him, they would (I believe) die. My understanding is that spirit is above flesh. It is more than we can imagine. It has form and can travel at the speed of thought. Our temporal realm is reserved unto fire against the Day of Judgement. That means that everything that is made of matter will be consumed by fire on Judgement Day. Scripture says that God will roll up the heavens like a scroll and put them away in His Drawer. Don't imagine God to be this wispy ghost-like thing such as Hollywood portrays. We simply cannot comprehend the spirit realm. It is greater than the physical (temporal or temporary realm). He was speaking to un-believers when He said that those listening had never heard Him. I believe that many men have heard God and that Jesus came to seek and to save 'that which was lost.' What was lost? Relationship! In the garden Adam lost his relationship with God. Jesus came to restore that relationship. We are able to walk with God in the cool of the day and fellowship with Him because He looks at us as if we've never sinned. We are as pure as Adam was on the day he was created. Jesus' Blood cleanses us of all un-righteousness. Muslims don't believe that, at all. They think of Jesus as insignificant.

I know that God is not a man. But Jesus the Son of God is begotten of Him. And Jesus is man. This is so that man would be reconciled to God.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
So I backtracked from your other post to observe your post. Firstly you can have an encounter with God and not "KNOW HIM" personally. He can be answering Prayers by a mother/father, or someone who is praying for you in the Spirit. It can be an Angels voice, God knows the future and he may see that you come unto Him later and He protects you now, more than you know. To know God personally is far different however, its like a mothers love time a Trillion, its like you are smothered in love and tranquility.

There is but ONE God, Jesus the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are ONE in Spirit. Either He sees future with you OR He was answering a loved ones prayers. God doesn't wait forever however. There is a time for everything.

First of all, no one actually knows God. People may believe they do, and that’s what it is. Maybe God told me to pull over simply because he wanted to. Or maybe he’s demonstrated that he honors my faith even though it’s different than yours. You do realize that the Bible is filled with accounts of God talking to people who were not Christians right?

All you have to do is read the OT. And I do, I see accounts of people who claim to be hearing from God, but I don’t think they were. I say this because I don’t believe God would tell people to go murder other people.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
First of all, no one actually knows God. People may believe they do, and that’s what it is. Maybe God told me to pull over simply because he wanted to. Or maybe he’s demonstrated that he honors my faith even though it’s different than yours. You do realize that the Bible is filled with accounts of God talking to people who were not Christians right?

All you have to do is read the OT. And I do, I see accounts of people who claim to be hearing from God, but I don’t think they were. I say this because I don’t believe God would tell people to go murder other people.
God does not tell people to murder.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
God does not tell people to murder.

I agree. God would never do such a thing, but the Bible says he does, but we’ve already discussed this. Apparently you refuse to believe it even though it’s in the Bible. Whatever, I’m not going to argue that point again.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree. God would never do such a thing, but the Bible says he does, but we’ve already discussed this. Apparently you refuse to believe it even though it’s in the Bible. Whatever, I’m not going to argue that point again.

God has instructed in killing. But He has never had anyone murder anyone.

Rondonmonson

Wrong, as preacher of over 30 years the scripture tells us we will know as we re known. The Holy Spirit IS God, ad He lives IN US !! I don't think you quite get the essence of that reality.

Abraham LOOKED toward the coming SEED {Jesus} so his Salvation was Jesus also. God doesn't deal with those mired in Sin, He can't eve come around it lest He consumes it, that is why He had to leave Jesus when our sis was pile upon Jesus {My God, My God, why hast thou forsake me ? NO YOU KNOW WHY }

Devils can appear as Angels of light also, so we must test he Spirits. There is o God but the God of the Christian and Jews, that is a FACT.

It's not Murder, we sinned and deserve to die, it is MIND BlOWING that mere men try to interject their mores i the place of God, that's just weird. God wiping out evil men is not Murder, ordering the Children killed is just, they would have gone forth to pollute Israel, which the did, ad proved God right, which is why Israels land didn't stretch from the Nile river to the Euphrates river, s God promised.

God would surely order the Heathen killed, read Leviticus 20, they offered their kids to the Fire/Sacrificed to Demons, they slept with father, mothers, uncles, aunts and even animals, they deserved death.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Devils can appear as Angels of light also, so we must test he Spirits. There is o God but the God of the Christian and Jews, that is a FACT.

If that is a fact, then you will have no problem proving it. Please demonstrated how what you just claimed is a fact. Thank you.

Aimiel

I believe that Sodom and Gomorrah was ordered destroyed because if it hadn't been, the human race would have been wiped out by A.I.D.S. long before the discovery of medicines such as we have today. God certainly orders killing, but would much rather have mercy.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I believe that Sodom and Gomorrah was ordered destroyed because if it hadn't been, the human race would have been wiped out by A.I.D.S. long before the discovery of medicines such as we have today. God certainly orders killing, but would much rather have mercy.

Not a chance, you need to learn you some history. People in the Middle East could have wiped themselves completkey out and had no effect on the worlds population. Asians, Native Americans and Natives from every continent except for Antarctica not to mention Europeans, and every tribal people group all existed all over the planet. They didn’t even have intercontinental travel, except in the rarest of cases. The population of humans would have barely even noticed it.

Aimiel

Not a chance, you need to learn you some history. People in the Middle East could have wiped themselves completkey out and had no effect on the worlds population. Asians, Native Americans and Natives from every continent except for Antarctica not to mention Europeans, and every tribal people group all existed all over the planet. They didn’t even have intercontinental travel, except in the rarest of cases. The population of humans would have barely even noticed it.
Never thought about that. I guess, then, that God thought that the Middle East and the impending birth of Jesus as more important than you apparently do.

Aimiel

If that is a fact, then you will have no problem proving it. Please demonstrated how what you just claimed is a fact. Thank you.
God doesn't want a people who will love Him due to His Power. He does, however want to give power to those who love Him (without ever having seen Him). This act of faith: taking Him at His Word, is the prerequisite that separates true believers from the glory-hounds that glom onto those with power to try to gain power by being near people of power. The meek shall inherit the earth, not the proud. If He wanted groupies who seek Him for power or favor for being subservient to His Presence, He'd appear and command obedience. He does want obedience, but not from robots or from people who are attempting to curry favor. His Favor is granted freely to everyone who will (1) believe that He is, (2) believe that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, and (3) seek and search for Him with all of their hearts. It is this quality decision that fits a man for his position in The Kingdom. It would be nothing for God to appear in His Glory and command followers to obey Him. No one could resist. He believes in personal liberty. He gave us freewill. We are individuals with consequences for every one of our choices. We have today what we decided yesterday. If we decide to trust God: we have His Presence and eternal life, through Jesus' Blood. If we decide to ignore Him: we risk eternal punishment.

Gary K

Banned
As usual, Jacob's muddled thinking goes against the Torah.

Exodus 33:17 And the Lord said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
[SIZE=+0]18[/SIZE] And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
[SIZE=+0]19[/SIZE] And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
[SIZE=+0]20[/SIZE] And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
[SIZE=+0]21[/SIZE] And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
[SIZE=+0]22[/SIZE] And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
[SIZE=+0]23[/SIZE] And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

No mortal, sinful man can see God's face and live. However, Moses was given the gift of seeing God's backside..... That is seeing God even if it is seeing only His back for I can truthfully say I saw someone even if I only saw their backside as they were moving away from me.