Freedom in Christ - What is it?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is freedom in Christ? It is desired, wanted, etc.... And it is good. But what is it?

God's Truth

Freedom in Christ is that there is no special dietary law as there was; you can eat things without worry of being cut off. Freedom in Christ is no more rule to observe special days or be cut off.

Right Divider

Body part
Freedom in Christ is the freedom to do what is right because in Christ we are made free from sin.

Rom 6:14-18 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. (16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. (18) Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Freedom in Christ is that there is no special dietary law as there was; you can eat things without worry of being cut off. Freedom in Christ is no more rule to observe special days or be cut off.

I do not know why you would worry about these things if you have freedom in Christ. Freedom in Christ is not the freedom to do whatever you want, however. Unless all that you want is what God wants for you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Freedom in Christ is the freedom to do what is right because in Christ we are made free from sin.

Rom 6:14-18 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. (16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. (18) Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

You have a good answer. Thank you so much for it.

God's Truth

I do not know why you would worry about these things if you have freedom in Christ. Freedom in Christ is not the freedom to do whatever you want, however. Unless all that you want is what God wants for you.

You don't know that I said what the scripture says about freedom in Christ.

These two passages are about eating meat:

1 Corinthians 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. 9But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. 10For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 11And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 13Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Romans 14:13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 16Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

These scriptures are about not having to get circumcised and observe special days:

Galatians 2:2 Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain. 3 Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. 4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. 5 We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.

Galatians 5:1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't know that I said what the scripture says about freedom in Christ.

These two passages are about eating meat:

1 Corinthians 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. 9But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. 10For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 11And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 13Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Romans 14:13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. 14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 16Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

These scriptures are about not having to get circumcised and observe special days:

Galatians 5:1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

Amen! Good answer.

betsy123

What is freedom in Christ? It is desired, wanted, etc.... And it is good. But what is it?

When I found my way back to Christ, and humbly placed my trust in Him, I find that money and material things are no longer important in my life. I no longer worry about tomorrow.

When you are no longer enslaved by all the worldly things around you - that is the ultimate kind of freedom. To me, that is freedom in Christ.

betsy123

I have to add, that my husband and I both experienced that. We were in serious financial trouble and we were going to lose everything. At the time, we were just starting to seek God again.
Of course, you can just imagine the amount of stress we were in. We both decided to place everything in God's hands, and humbly accept whatever happens. It felt like the heavy burden was lifted off our shoulders. That night, I slept peacefully.

That peaceful inner calm you have - in the face of disaster - wow! Talk about first-hand understanding of what Christ meant in Matthew 11:28:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When I found my way back to Christ, and humbly placed my trust in Him, I find that money and material things are no longer important in my life. I no longer worry about tomorrow.

When you are no longer enslaved by all the worldly things around you - that is the ultimate kind of freedom. To me, that is freedom in Christ.
You found and you find?

Freedom in Christ is good.
I have to add, that my husband and I both experienced that. We were in serious financial trouble and we were going to lose everything. At the time, we were just starting to seek God again.
Of course, you can just imagine the amount of stress we were in. We both decided to place everything in God's hands, and humbly accept whatever happens. It felt like the heavy burden was lifted off our shoulders. That night, I slept peacefully.

That peaceful inner calm you have - in the face of disaster - wow! Talk about first-hand understanding of what Christ meant in Matthew 11:28:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Blessings for your marriage.

Shalom.

Jacob