How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES.

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ is the Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died and rose again for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through trusting in what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you in faith.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? ARE YOU WILLING TO PLACE YOUR FAITH IN HIM FOR SALVATION?

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

4. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, you could place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by praying a simple prayer:

”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I repent and turn to You, placing my Faith in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
    You don't get to heaven why you die.

No one does.

You get to heaven when the lord Jesus Christ comes back as described in I Thessalonians 4:13-17

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

That is how we will get to heaven, there is no other way
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
      Please show me where the Bible states that you become a child of God during a random moment of true belief instead of through a lifetime of faithfulness.
      Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It doesn't say a thing about being faithful to be saved

Being saved is to receive the gift of eternal life/holy spirit/salvation.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
      "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Comment

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post

No one does.

You get to heaven when the lord Jesus Christ comes back as described in I Thessalonians 4:13-17

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Where does the faithful Christian go when they die? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. And where is He? Seated on the throne.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
          Where does the faithful Christian go when they die? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
          so close...you got the destination correct just nor the timing...

“For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body AND to be present with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:1–8).

Did ya catch that “AND”... ? I bolded it for you...it is NOT “is to be”

Moving isn’t easy. Let’s pretend we were going to move to New York a weeks drive away...to start a new job on Valentine’s Day. And let’s also pretend we are going to move from our tent we live in now presently to move into a building made without hands across the country in New York. Neat eh?

Ok so we have to pack all our stuff maybe have a yard sale and load up the truck and drive all week and get there to unload all our stuff and move into this new building a mansion...made without hands...

Now we all know packing and ain’t fun...neither is moving all the furniture and boxes into the truck...and that drive...ugh

Tell me...wouldn’t at some point during this move you or I wish and be well pleased that we were already absent from the tent AND to be present with the mansion in New York?

It’s like that...

We are groaning in our earthly tent not to be unclothed or naked but to be further clothed with our building of God our habitation of heaven not made by hands...we have a guarantee that that has prepared us for that and we can be confident that while in our earthly tents we are absent from the lord but we would much rather to be absent our tents AND to be with Him...

So when does Paul say that happens? At the last trump...when we are changed in a twinkling of an eye

1 Corinthians 15:52

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed...

SEE? Moving from from earthly tent to being further clothed in a heavenly building in a twinkling...neat eh? Never just a naked spirit floating about (or burning forever)...before judgment day...

But at His appearing...”For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 2 Tim. 4:6-8

For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, andto be with Christ; which is far better Phil. 1:23.

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom. 2 Tim. 4:1

Even John agrees...writing Yahushua says:

And behold I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Rev. 22:12

To give a full and COMPLETE reward and not coming back to complete the award by finally reuniting the soul/spirit back into the new glorios body...

So at death the body returns to dust spirit back to the One Who lent it...and the Soul...sleeps...until His appearing...

The dead in Christ sleep...like poor stoned Stephen fell asleep...like Lazarus slept until raised from the dead...

Comment

Where does the faithful Christian go when they die? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. And where is He? Seated on the throne.
            TRUE, but not all Christians are faithful as they should be. It's not about what we do for God, it's about placing our faith in what He did for us on the cross.

Comment

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
              TRUE,
              NOPE...what he wrote does not match what Paul wrote...Paul wrote he would rather be absent the body AND to be present with the Lord.

It’s like this to help you unlearn your cliche...

Paul speaks of a particular time in the future...resurrection day...His appearing...the last trump...when twinkling in an eye changes are made...this day is a future event NO ONE KNOWS WHEN...NOT EVEN THE SON (trinitarians take note)

But it is like christmas 2019...a future date we do know when it will happen...

So on Christmas Day 2019 let’s pretend we plan to see Santa at the MALL...

Now think of a kid that is eager to see Santa...eager in June...eager to go to the mall and see Santa on Christmas Day...

Imagine telling the poor kid “absent the house is to bepresent with Santa”...every time the poor kid leaves the house he will expect to be with Santa...

but because the poor kid would rather it be “absent the house AND present with Santa” does NOT mean however every time he is absent the house IS TO BE present with Santa...

poor kid has to wait until Christmas and then go to the mall NOT just absent/leave his house that day...

but not all Christians are faithful as they should be.
              faithful to what? Which laws? “But but but MUH GRACE” some argue...we are under grace forgiven of future sin...ALWAYS SAVED...RAPTUREED from our responsibility to perform His good works...some get so MAD they claim they are NOT liable to laws not dispensed to them...

It's not about what we do for God, it's about placing our faith in what He did for us on the cross.
              yes what He did for us...is EXACTLY why it IS what we do for Yah...out of gratitude we WANT to because we ARE SAVED not to become saved...

it is NOT crying out “Lord! Lord!” But those that DO the will of His Father...faithfully and to the end of their lives...faith compels works or it is not faith but dead

Even Satan believes and has faith in Yahushua that He is the Son and can save...but Satan does not DO good works...His good works...obey His Fathers’ will

Comment

No one does.

Yup...body back to dust...spirit back to Lendor...Soul asleep...knowing nothing...

Next thing the dead will know is His appearing...

Comment

Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
                  and on that new heart changed from the old one...is now written His Law...now it lives more like Him less like its former self...the sacrifices offered DAILY is of the lips of a confessing mouth now...just like the death to the former self is...daily

It doesn't say a thing about being faithful to be saved

Being saved is to receive the gift of eternal life/holy spirit/salvation.
                  that gift reprograms you for the rest of your life...more like Him doing His Will...overcoming, persevering, not going back to your vomit

That gift reboots you to factory settings...lol

It is NOT a one shot deal...sin means off the mark...you keep shooting the rest of your life...to fight the good fight

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
                  that is indeed the first reward...but then others come for your good works...”good and faithful servant” as there was still chance for you to not be good or faithful...

It’s just like Matt 24:20 when He instructed prayers to be said for future Sabbaths yet to come and in times of persecution that our flight be not on the Sabbath as fleeing is NOT resting...oh and in winter...He fully expected winters to continue...

Yup keep doing something...REMEMBER?

A sabbatismos remains for His People Heb 4:9

Even James concluded the jerusalem council expecting goyim to keep hearing Moses preached and read in every city on EVERY SABBATH...see? Be faithful...

John reveals “Here are they that KEEP the commandments” not kept or kept once...”and the faith OF Yahushua” not believed once or cried out “LORD! LORD!”

The Bible is an owner’s manual...we dont do what it says in order to get the car...we do what it instructs because we already OWN the car...

So faithfully run the race to the end...your end or the day of His appearing...

Comment

Dying means that they are dead, not alive.

When we are are absent from the body and present with the lord means we have been gathered together as I Thessalonians 4:13-17 speaks of

That is clear that that until Christ returns we are not with the lord but dead

Comment

Originally posted by clefty View Post
                      and on that new heart changed from the old one...is now written His Law...now it lives more like Him less like its former self...the sacrifices offered DAILY is of the lips of a confessing mouth now...just like the death to the former self is...daily

that gift reprograms you for the rest of your life...more like Him doing His Will...overcoming, persevering, not going back to your vomit

That gift reboots you to factory settings...lol

It is NOT a one shot deal...sin means off the mark...you keep shooting the rest of your life...to fight the good fight

that is indeed the first reward...but then others come for your good works...”good and faithful servant” as there was still chance for you to not be good or faithful...

It’s just like Matt 24:20 when He instructed prayers to be said for future Sabbaths yet to come and in times of persecution that our flight be not on the Sabbath as fleeing is NOT resting...oh and in winter...He fully expected winters to continue...

Yup keep doing something...REMEMBER?

A sabbatismos remains for His People Heb 4:9

Even James concluded the jerusalem council expecting goyim to keep hearing Moses preached and read in every city on EVERY SABBATH...see? Be faithful...

John reveals “Here are they that KEEP the commandments” not kept or kept once...”and the faith OF Yahushua” not believed once or cried out “LORD! LORD!”

The Bible is an owner’s manual...we dont do what it says in order to get the car...we do what it instructs because we already OWN the car...

So faithfully run the race to the end...your end or the day of His appearing...
                      I do not see "reprogamming" as gospel. but we are are exhorted to renew our minds. Romans 12:1-3....

Until you recognize the gospels as a work in progress and the Paul's epistles as the result of JC's work, you will not understand God's progression of doctrine

Comment

Yup...body back to dust...spirit back to Lendor...Soul asleep...knowing nothing...

Next thing the dead will know is His appearing...
                        Show me "soul sleep" with references

Comment

I do not see "reprogamming" as gospel. but we are are exhorted to renew our minds. Romans 12:1-3....
                          just reminding:

Jer 31:33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

In order that this result occurs:

Psalm 37:31
                          The law of his God is in his heart; his steps do not falter.

Psalm 40:8
                          I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart.

Until you recognize the gospels as a work in progress and the Paul's epistles as the result of JC's work, you will not understand God's progression of doctrine
                          2 Corinthians 3:3
                          It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

And not dispensed in parts to rapture you from duty...but as it was when the church was in the wilderness ONE LAW for native and goyim alike...

Comment

Show me "soul sleep" with references

1 Thess 4:13-18
                            Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:17–18
                            17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

1 Corinthians 15:20
                            20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

John 11:11After He had said this, He told them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I am going there to wake him up.” 12His disciples replied, “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get better.” 13They thought that Jesus was talking about actual sleep, but He was speaking about the death of Lazarus. 14So Jesus told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead,…

Matt 9:24 he said, “Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep.” But they laughed at him.

They still laugh...

Martha didn’t...John 11:24
                            Martha replied, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

Isaiah 26:19
                            Your dead will live; their bodies will rise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust! For your dew is like the dew of the morning, and the earth will bring forth her dead

Daniel 12:2Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

So don’t laugh or mock or rationalize or add or

John 5:28-29
                            Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice 29and come out--those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

They will come out of graves not back from spirits burning or from Abraham’s Bosom motel
                            Last edited by clefty; February 4th, 2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

just reminding:

Jer 31:33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

In order that this result occurs:

Psalm 37:31
                              The law of his God is in his heart; his steps do not falter.

Psalm 40:8
                              I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart.

2 Corinthians 3:3
                              It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

And not dispensed in parts to rapture you from duty...but as it was when the church was in the wilderness ONE LAW for native and goyim alike...
                              We are no longer under the law for righteousness for is righteousness came by the law then Christ died in vain.

Galatians 2:21

Comment

1 Thess 4:13-18
                                Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:17–18
                                17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

1 Corinthians 15:20
                                20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

John 11:11After He had said this, He told them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I am going there to wake him up.” 12His disciples replied, “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get better.” 13They thought that Jesus was talking about actual sleep, but He was speaking about the death of Lazarus. 14So Jesus told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead,…

Matt 9:24 he said, “Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep.” But they laughed at him.

They still laugh...

Martha didn’t...John 11:24
                                Martha replied, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

Isaiah 26:19
                                Your dead will live; their bodies will rise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust! For your dew is like the dew of the morning, and the earth will bring forth her dead

Daniel 12:2Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

So don’t laugh or mock or rationalize or add or

John 5:28-29
                                Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice 29and come out--those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

They will come out of graves not back from spirits burning or from Abraham’s Bosom motel
                                Great verses, thank you for supporting my post

Comment

Working...
                                X