Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?

beloved57

Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Are those God Loves, Christ died for, workers of iniquity before God ? The answer is absolutely NO.

Yes naturally speaking, those God Loves and Christ died for are by nature sinners, even the very worst of sinners, however they are not the workers of iniquity that God hates and those whom Christ will eventually say to them " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

See those sinners God Loves, He Loves them inspite of themselves Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Now thats quite different from God hating the workers of iniquity.

See the sinners God Loves, and Christ died for, God does not impute their iniquity/sins upon them Ps 32:2

Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

However those whom God hates, and calls them worker of iniquity is Gods way of saying your iniquties are charged upon you. They are still accountable before God for all their iniquties.

Christ was never for them Isa 53:5,11

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

So God doesn't impute them with iniquity, nor designate them workers of iniquity whom He hates !

beloved57

Those sinners Christ died for, gave Himself for, which are His Sheep, they arent the workers of iniquity because He hath redeemed them from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

genuineoriginal

Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?
Yes, a lot of Calvinists that claim to be God's Elect are workers of iniquity, despite what they call themselves.
Many Calvinists live righteously, so you can't just say Calvinists are workers of iniquity since that would be misleading.

beloved57

Yes, a lot of Calvinists that claim to be God's Elect are workers of iniquity, despite what they call themselves.
Many Calvinists live righteously, so you can't just say Calvinists are workers of iniquity since that would be misleading.
Evasion and rabbit trail

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Nanja

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Are those God Loves, Christ died for, workers of iniquity before God ? The answer is absolutely NO.

Yes naturally speaking, those God Loves and Christ died for are by nature sinners, even the very worst of sinners, however they are not the workers of iniquity that God hates and those whom Christ will eventually say to them " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

See the sinners God Loves, and Christ died for, God does not impute their iniquity/sins upon them Ps 32:2

Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

However those whom God hates, and calls them worker of iniquity is Gods way of saying your iniquties are charged upon you. They are still accountable before God for all their iniquties.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

So God doesn't impute them with iniquity, nor designate them workers of iniquity whom He hates !

Excellent !

God's Elect were never workers of iniquity because He reconciled them to Himself from Everlasting, thus never having their sins charged imputed to them.

2 Cor. 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Non-imputation of of sin / iniquity means that God's Elect were always in a state of being declared Righteous / Justified even while being His enemies and unbelievers.

The condemnation of sin / iniquity was never laid to their charge, but to their Surety Heb. 7:22 in their stead Is. 53:6.

beloved57

Nanja

Non-imputation of of sin / iniquity means that God's Elect were always in a state of being declared Righteous / Justified even while being His enemies and unbelievers.

And thats why they cannot be of the workers of iniquity, the sinners classified as such by Ps 5:5 and Matt 7:23

beloved57

So to say the those Christ died for are workers of iniquity, that would go against the accomplishment of Christs sacrificial death which redeemed them He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14[FONT=&quot]Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Therefore, even though the elect are naturally sinners like all others, since Christ died for them and redeemed them from all iniquity, therefore God seeth [in a way of condemnation] no sin in them, for Christs sake.

Also see Numbers 23:21

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He hath not beheld [/FONT]iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

Nanja

So to say the those Christ died for are workers of iniquity, that would go against the accomplishment of Christs sacrificial death which redeemed them He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14[FONT="][B]Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, [/B]and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Therefore, even though the elect are naturally sinners like all others, since Christ died for them and redeemed them from all iniquity, therefore God seeth [in a way of condemnation] no sin in them, for Christs sake.

Also see Numbers 23:21

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]He hath not beheld [/FONT]
iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

Amen, what a Blessing Brother !

God's Elect we were never the workers of iniquity because Christ our Surety Heb. 7:22 redeemed us from all iniquity before the foundation of the world, and therefore were absolved of all guilt of sin !

And the Truth of this Blessing is revealed to all His Elect when He gives us Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22 to believe this Truth of His Grace given on our behalf !

Eph. 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

So the Elect's sins were never imputed to them, but to Christ the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8b.

Ps. 32:1-2

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Jer. 50:20
In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

So Jacob and Israel in Num. 23:21 has nothing to do with ethnicity, but are representative of all God's Elect, the reserved, pardoned and Redeemed Ones from every nation, tribe and tongue Rev. 5:9.

MennoSota

While I agree with your premise and conclusion, I would be remiss if I didn't cringe at the proof texting being done without anyone looking at the context surrounding the verses you quote. Sentences never live in a vacuum and I would welcome you and others to read the verses that surround your quotes to test whether you are using the quotes accurately.
This seems fair to me as I demand the same from those with whom I disagree.

MennoSota

The elect and those who claim to be Calvinists are two different things. While there are Calvinists who are elect, there are also Calvinists who are not. Proof of this is our TOL colleague, Gregory, who claims he was once a Calvinist, but shows no evidence of being elect.
Let us focus on God's word, which speaks of the elect, and stop with the foolish idea that election did not exist until Calvin came along.

beloved57

Though Gods Elect are by nature sinners like other folks, unlike the non elect,they have through Christ and for His name sake been forgiven all their trespassing Col 2:13;Eph 4:32 and so again God does not charge the elect with their iniquity as He does the non elect.

Nanja

Though Gods Elect are by nature sinners like other folks, unlike the non elect,they have through Christ and for His name sake been forgiven all their trespassing Col 2:13;Eph 4:32 and so again God does not charge the elect with their iniquity as He does the non elect.

True indeed, and that's because Legally, according to God's Law and Justice, His Elect were declared to be righteous, justified by Christ's Blood, even while they were His enemies and in a state of sinfulness.

Rom. 5:8-10

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The elect and those who claim to be Calvinists are two different things. While there are Calvinists who are elect, there are also Calvinists who are not. Proof of this is our TOL colleague, Gregory, who claims he was once a Calvinist, but shows no evidence of being elect.
Let us focus on God's word, which speaks of the elect, and stop with the foolish idea that election did not exist until Calvin came along.

Wait a second, there!

Isn't Calvinism supposed to be simply one and the same thing as the gospel? ("Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else." -C. H. Spurgeon)

So, then, to be a Calvinist is nothing else than to be a believer of Calvinism (a.k.a. "TULIP theology"), which is nothing else than to be a believer of the gospel, no? And yet, you say, here, that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]." So, you are saying that "there are also [believers of the gospel] who are not [elect]"! Interesting! And, according to TULIP theology, those who aren't elect are "eternally reprobate." So, what you've handed us, here, is that "there are also [believers of the gospel] who are [eternally reprobate]."

You speak of one, Gregory, as one "who claims he was once a Calvinist..." Are you denying what he claims? Are you affirming that he never was a Calvinist? If he was never a Calvinist, then why would you say that he is "proof" that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]"? How is mentioning someone who isn't--and who never has been--a Calvinist, the least bit relevant to any attempt to prove that some Calvinists are not elect? As a non-Calvinist, he could not be an example of "Calvinists who are not [elect]."

MennoSota

Wait a second, there!

Isn't Calvinism supposed to be simply one and the same thing as the gospel? ("Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else." -C. H. Spurgeon)

So, then, to be a Calvinist is nothing else than to be a believer of Calvinism (a.k.a. "TULIP theology"), which is nothing else than to be a believer of the gospel, no? And yet, you say, here, that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]." So, you are saying that "there are also [believers of the gospel] who are not [elect]"! Interesting! And, according to TULIP theology, those who aren't elect are "eternally reprobate." So, what you've handed us, here, is that "there are also [believers of the gospel] who are [eternally reprobate]."

You speak of one, Gregory, as one "who claims he was once a Calvinist..." Are you denying what he claims? Are you affirming that he never was a Calvinist? If he was never a Calvinist, then why would you say that he is "proof" that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]"? How is mentioning someone who isn't--and who never has been--a Calvinist, the least bit relevant to any attempt to prove that some Calvinists are not elect? As a non-Calvinist, he could not be an example of "Calvinists who are not [elect]."

Just because a person self identifies, it does not follow that God has chosen them.
I believe John Calvin was an elect child of God. I expect he is in heaven before the throne of God. I also expect that there are many who self-identified and attended Reformed churches, but never knew God as their Redeemer. God never made them alive in Christ. Like many, they attempted to imitate what they never really knew. This explains the folks who grew up "calvinists" but end up atheists. People who attempt to "work" their way into heaven get exhausted and disillusioned. I see it all over TOL.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just because a person self identifies, it does not follow that God has chosen them.
I believe John Calvin was an elect child of God. I expect he is in heaven before the throne of God. I also expect that there are many who self-identified and attended Reformed churches, but never knew God as their Redeemer. God never made them alive in Christ. Like many, they attempted to imitate what they never really knew. This explains the folks who grew up "calvinists" but end up atheists. People who attempt to "work" their way into heaven get exhausted and disillusioned. I see it all over TOL.

How do you/we know "that God has chosen" you, that you are "an elect child of God," that "God made you alive in Christ?"

genuineoriginal

Are the workers of iniquity and the ungodly the same?

Romans 5:6
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.​

According to you, the Elect are the ungodly.

genuineoriginal

:thumb: