"Christ is the End of the Law" Romans 10:4

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

That's what you think this verse is about?

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Sure...His yoke is doing His stuff His way...Sabbath is my master’s stuff to do...and the rest it brings my soul last beyond a day and deeper than physical...you should practice and be blessed...refreshed AS HE WAS

Performing non emergency Sabbath healings to provoke pharisees (He could have waited one more day for not Sabbath...one man waited 38 years to be healed...the pharisees were triggered that the healed man then carried his bed...lol) So He was exactly asserting His Lordship and authority to the healing power of Sabbath its rest and refreshment...a foreshadowing of when He Himself was healed and awoken from His sabbath rest in the tomb...

So yeah wear His yoke and you’ll get rest...no rest for the wicked though

clefty

Matthew 5:17-19.
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of (the / these) commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches (the / these) commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the (enmity / hostility), even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Romans 10:4
Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Yup good use of the sword there that is...but whose team you swinging it for?

glorydaz

LOL only because you insist He is a rest day...everyday all days...but you are wrong...He knows you will have to keep eating from the sweat of your brow..

Everything has to do with your flesh, doesn't it Clefty?

NEWSFLASH sin or its consequences have NOT been removed...the curse remains...not lifted yet...is WHY we need the seventh literal day of rest after the six literal daze of working...

The day of salvation is when we enter into His rest.

There is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

We rest from our own efforts to earn or keep our salvation.
We rest from our own efforts to be righteous through law keeping.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Clefty,

You are not accepting what popular theologians are teaching.

It is a big no, no here.

clefty

Belief means one has ceased from his own works.
physical works yup belief means you keep the sabbath and rest from works literal works...

Heb. 4:10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.​
yup ceased from his own physical works...not Yah’s spiritual works...JUST AS YAD did enter HIS SABBATH from his physical works that week of creation...but come next day He kept working to save...to create...etc...to rule

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
yes let us work to enter that Sabbatismos that sabbath keeping lest any man fall like the children of Israel who worked and rested and still fell into unbelief

We see the same thing here from the Jews. Going about in their zeal for law keeping in order to establish their own righteousness, did not submit unto the righteousness of God.

Romans 10:2-3 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

That is another work...spiritual work in order to gain salvation was NEVER taught or practiced by those of faith...Israel actually had FAITH FIRST and then were given the SABBATH law...the irony...they kept what was holy because they were first saved/holy

Acts 21:20 is clear as well MYRAIDS (thats a lot) of Jews BELIEVED and they are all zealous for the law...

Not to establish righteousness but because they were made so by their prior belief in His Son...

clefty

Everything has to do with your flesh, doesn't it Clefty?
yup...it’s what I must be rescued from...duh...luckily I got shadows that point me to the One Who will create in me a new heart to restore me to be able to eat from the tree of life...to live in my new flesh forever...

Ironic its about His flesh too...that it became at all and for mine...it must be that important...maybe that is why He wishes me to take care of mine...to be faithful in this little that I be rewarded much...Sabbath and all those “do this and live” rulz helps teach me how...clean and unclean ... His vs NOT His...you know...practice...discipline...purpose... to learn what my flesh is intended to declare...He is GOOD worthy to be praised and obeyed...let all flesh come and worship sabbath to sabbath...

The day of salvation is when we enter into His rest.
sure...and still keeping the Law...sin is destroyed...His image remains...that we are made then remade in His image is more than about looks

There is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
but there remains a need for rest as there is much work for us who are IN HIM

We rest from our own efforts to earn or keep our salvation.
you might...but some of us have never needed rest from that as we never did that...abiding in His love is a gift and a joy...not a chore...

We rest from our own efforts to be righteous through law keeping.
again never did that line of work so I can’t retire from it...my work was His His way

and since He bought me and gave Me so much...rest included...from His work...and a yoke for His work and care...comes with free room and board...I WANT this I dont have to...

Yup I don’t have to keep the law it keeps me close to Him His way...so I want to

glorydaz

physical works yup belief means you keep the sabbath and rest from works literal works...

yup ceased from his own physical works...not Yah’s spiritual works...JUST AS YAD did enter HIS SABBATH from his physical works that week of creation...but come next day He kept working to save...to create...etc...to rule

yes let us work to enter that Sabbatismos that sabbath keeping lest any man fall like the children of Israel who worked and rested and still fell into unbelief

That is another work...spiritual work in order to gain salvation was NEVER taught or practiced by those of faith...Israel actually had FAITH FIRST and then were given the SABBATH law...the irony...they kept what was holy because they were first saved/holy

Acts 21:20 is clear as well MYRAIDS (thats a lot) of Jews BELIEVED and they are all zealous for the law...

Not to establish righteousness but because they were made so by their prior belief in His Son...

Are you just rambling on without purpose?

Perhaps hoping to entertain?

:rolleyes:

clefty

So you are just labeled as non-believer, clefty.

No matter...the view of the inquisition never bothered believers...only the view of One did...

The One Who says well done good and faithful servant...behold I come quickly my reward with me...

Yup...here are they that keep the 10 commandments of Yah and the Faith OF His Son...

glorydaz

yup...it’s what I must be rescued from...duh...luckily I got shadows that point me to the One Who will create in me a new heart to restore me to be able to eat from the tree of life...to live in my new flesh forever...

Ironic its about His flesh too...that it became at all and for mine...it must be that important...maybe that is why He wishes me to take care of mine...to be faithful in this little that I be rewarded much...Sabbath and all those “do this and live” rulz helps teach me how...clean and unclean ... His vs NOT His...you know...practice...discipline...purpose... to learn what my flesh is intended to declare...He is GOOD worthy to be praised and obeyed...let all flesh come and worship sabbath to sabbath...

sure...and still keeping the Law...sin is destroyed...His image remains...that we are made then remade in His image is more than about looks

but there remains a need for rest as there is much work for us who are IN HIM

you might...but some of us have never needed rest from that as we never did that...abiding in His love is a gift and a joy...not a chore...

again never did that line of work so I can’t retire from it...my work was His His way

and since He bought me and gave Me so much...rest included...from His work...and a yoke for His work and care...comes with free room and board...I WANT this I dont have to...

Yup I don’t have to keep the law it keeps me close to Him His way...so I want to

Okay, I'm entertained. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.