"Christ is the End of the Law" Romans 10:4

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

Are you just rambling on without purpose?

Perhaps hoping to entertain?

:rolleyes:

The message of the cross is foolishness to a certain group...

The rest of us pick up ours and follow Him...knowing the world hates us following Him/His way

glorydaz

The message of the cross is foolishness to a certain group...

The rest of us pick up ours and follow Him...knowing the world hates us following Him/His way

You aren't preaching the message of the cross.

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.​

You're preaching picking up your own cross, and you're glorying in that one.

That should be a clue right there.

clefty

You aren't preaching the message of the cross.
sure I am...all that what was done for me compels me to do as He did His way...as per His instructions...to HEED...to abide in His love...

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.​

Yup glory for what was done for me...by Whom the world is dead to me...and I unto it...it hates me

You're preaching picking up your own cross,
as per instruction for those who follow Him His way

and you're glorying in that one.
you mean glorifying...I know you are sore but praise Him yes?

That should be a clue right there.
you are bad with making obvious...worse at attempting clues

clefty

Don't worry. I over it now that I see you boast in your own cross bearing.

Your view of things is the problem...attacking the person is indicative of your need to give it a rest...

Choose every day any day at this point I dont care...lol

Be it tomorrow make it the whole day not just power worship hour morning and then on to football...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

The Pharisees had perverted the day of rest making it a burden.

Jesus restored the day of rest for his people.

The weekly day of rest foreshadows the millennial day of rest.

"Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience." (Hebrews 4:11)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus did all the work for His followers so they don't have to.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

We are not saved by works, we are saved for works.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

Work is just for the Jews, not for gentiles.

That's what Robert has been preaching and so is this site.

This is the core belief of this site.

If you don't accept it, you are unbeliever and unsaved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Work is just for the Jews, not for gentiles.

It will take work to refashion the universe.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It will take work to refashion the universe.

You are preaching to the quire.

Robert Pate

Banned
Having been banned I have kind of lost track of this thread.

If the law has not been abolished we are all without hope and are still in our sins. If the law has not been abolished there is no Gospel and all that we have to looked forward to is judgment and condemnation. In the judgment if we are to be saved God must see us as perfect and complete "In Christ". If the law is still in force God cannot see us in Christ, instead he will see us in our sins.

There is no condemnation to them that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law. Where there is law there is judgment.

glorydaz

Having been banned I have kind of lost track of this thread.

If the law has not been abolished we are all without hope and are still in our sins. If the law has not been abolished there is no Gospel and all that we have to looked forward to is judgment and condemnation. In the judgment if we are to be saved God must see us as perfect and complete "In Christ". If the law is still in force God cannot see us in Christ, instead he will see us in our sins.

There is no condemnation to them that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law. Where there is law there is judgment.

I think the problem is with your blanket statement about the law being abolished, and what it sounds like you're saying.

Of course, the law still exists because it's purpose is to show men their GUILT. As long as there are ungodly men, the law remains.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.​

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,​

glorydaz

The Pharisees had perverted the day of rest making it a burden.

Jesus restored the day of rest for his people.

The weekly day of rest foreshadows the millennial day of rest.

"Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience." (Hebrews 4:11)

Belief and unbelief, Jamie. Read the whole context in a decent translation.

Those who believe have entered into that rest. That "day spoken of" is the day of salvation.

Heb. 4:2-3 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.​

glorydaz

We are saved because God loves us. That we are ordained to do good works speaks, primarily, of our preaching the Gospel to the lost...through which even more will be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.