Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Christ is the End of the Law" Romans 10:4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
    To work or not to work...that is the question.

    And here I thought REST was the question.
    Worldly work is heavy burden, IMO.

    The world expects you to compete with one another so you can have American dream.

    Jesus gives us spiritual work which is not of this world.

    This world is fighting over political things. I don't think that is light work. It is heavy burden.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by clefty View Post
      Oh no not you too...ok put off the whole armor of Yah...its over...nothing left to do...dont go preaching and teaching the gospel...
      I was just being sarcastic.

      sorry.

      Comment


      • #33
        Matthew 5:17-19.
        17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of (the / these) commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches (the / these) commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

        Ephesians 2:15
        Having abolished in his flesh the (enmity / hostility), even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

        Romans 10:4
        Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
          Has not being "allowed" to kill ever stopped a killer? Has not being allowed to steal ever stopped a thief.
          no...is why they are a killer...you gotta do it...it has stopped people who are not killers or thieves...imagine that...defines them reveals the heart...

          The law is simply a list of rules.
          nope...actually more like a description of what it is like with Him...where He is...where we are headed...on earth as it is in heaven...






          I have no idea what you are trying to say.
          yeah ok typos prevents you from seeing that the sabbath commandment of the 10 is the ONLY one given to foreigners non Israelites...and the other 9 were only given to Israel and yet you keep them...I am guessing?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
            You're claiming Jesus was promoting welfare...or living off payments from the Army?
            LOL only because you insist He is a rest day...everyday all days...but you are wrong...He knows you will have to keep eating from the sweat of your brow...NEWSFLASH sin or its consequences have NOT been removed...the curse remains...not lifted yet...is WHY we need the seventh literal day of rest after the six literal daze of working...

            Comment


            • #36
              someone has been neg rep spree. It is so annoying.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by meshak View Post
                Jesus is teaching us not to fight spiritual things with carnal reasoning.

                Jesus does not get involved in people's petty bickering.
                Well Meshak I would recommend you make some changes so He becomes more involved with your TOL life...lol

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by clefty View Post
                  Oh no not you too...ok put off the whole armor of Yah...its over...nothing left to do...dont go preaching and teaching the gospel...

                  The new covenant was signed by His blood and sealed by His death...AFTER He taught and demonstrated it with His life...after the testator dies NO CHANGES...resting everyday is exactly that...resting sundays is exactly changing a SEALED covenant...is why the very first day of the new covenant age was kept by Him in the tomb and His followers hurrying to keep the commandment...Paul kept it as Heb 4:9 clearly states it remains for His people to keep...a sabbath keeping...not everyday rest...

                  Now saddle up His yoke and work...represent Him propers would ya
                  Belief means one has ceased from his own works.
                  Heb. 4:10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

                  We see the same thing here from the Jews. Going about in their zeal for law keeping in order to establish their own righteousness, did not submit unto the righteousness of God.
                  Romans 10:2-3 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by jaybird View Post
                    if Jesus abolished the law then why did Jesus, James, the 12 and st Paul all follow and obey the law?

                    in order to follow the "abolished law" philosophy the first step is to deviate from the example of Christ who followed the law.
                    Nice...where you been? Resting all day? Lotta works to be done up in this place...lol

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by clefty View Post
                      Nice...where you been? Resting all day? Lotta works to be done up in this place...lol
                      You are doing a good job. I let you do it

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by meshak View Post
                        Robert is not here jaybird.
                        Raptured?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by clefty View Post
                          Raptured?

                          He said something that popular poster did not like.

                          so he got silenced.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                            That's what you think this verse is about?
                            Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
                            Sure...His yoke is doing His stuff His way...Sabbath is my master’s stuff to do...and the rest it brings my soul last beyond a day and deeper than physical...you should practice and be blessed...refreshed AS HE WAS

                            Performing non emergency Sabbath healings to provoke pharisees (He could have waited one more day for not Sabbath...one man waited 38 years to be healed...the pharisees were triggered that the healed man then carried his bed...lol) So He was exactly asserting His Lordship and authority to the healing power of Sabbath its rest and refreshment...a foreshadowing of when He Himself was healed and awoken from His sabbath rest in the tomb...

                            So yeah wear His yoke and you’ll get rest...no rest for the wicked though

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by meshak View Post
                              I was just being sarcastic.

                              sorry.
                              Oh...ok...ha missed that...keep at it...humor is useful

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by CherubRam View Post
                                Matthew 5:17-19.
                                17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of (the / these) commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches (the / these) commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

                                Ephesians 2:15
                                Having abolished in his flesh the (enmity / hostility), even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

                                Romans 10:4
                                Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
                                Yup good use of the sword there that is...but whose team you swinging it for?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X