Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

Let the fun begin.

I will actually be surprised if I get any intelligible coversation from this except for from maybe one person.

Regardless...

peace

Please leave your negativity and name calling at the door.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

I believed that too, before 38 years ago when Jesus Christ actually saved me, for real.

Let the fun begin.

I will actually be surprised if I get any intelligible coversation from this except for from maybe one person.

Regardless...

peace

My response was by necessity negative, my being obligated to the truth.

popsthebuilder

I believed that too, before 38 years ago when Jesus Christ actually saved me, for real.

My response was by necessity negative, my being obligated to the truth.
That wasn't negative except for your final little remark.

I was really saved too at age thirty and have never been baptised or circumcised of the flesh.

What does that have to do with the topic though?

Did the Spirit of of GOD come to you demanding that you read only the Bible, or tell you to divide the faithful to GOD along religious lines or.....?

God's Truth

Let the fun begin.

Regardless...

peace

What do you think about the Catholic Religion and the Mormons? How about Pentecostal?

God's Truth

That wasn't negative except for your final little remark.

I was really saved too at age thirty and have never been baptised or circumcised of the flesh.

What does that have to do with the topic though?

Did the Spirit of of GOD come to you demanding that you read only the Bible, or tell you to divide the faithful to GOD along religious lines or.....?

I know you are speaking to Steko, but I would like to answer too as if you were asking me also.

Jesus showed me how demons are in false doctrines.

God's Truth

Very well. Did you see the word some?

I will never condemn a whole people for the actions of some.

Actions of some? When a person joins a religion or denomination, they are submitting to that denomination's teachings. If a denomination or religion teaches things taught by demons, then the member is partaking of it.

God's Truth

It isn't the division I am okay with. It is that individuals within these sects have the capacity to follow Christ regardless of the direction of the mass.

No. If a person joins a Catholic denomination, then they are submitting to that church's teachings. If a person joins the Baha'i religion, then they submit to that religion's teachings. I can show you false teachings of all the world's religions. Why be part of any false teachings? False doctrines are from demons.

popsthebuilder

Actions of some? When a person joins a religion or denomination, they are submitting to that denomination's teachings. If a denomination or religion teaches things taught by demons, then the member is partaking of it.
Not all submit to all the teachings of man though they may be in a particular sect. We are told that many are lead astray by others. Do you fault literally all Catholics you ever knew or not or did you fault the errenious teachings and actions of the ancient rcc?

God's Truth

Not all submit to all the teachings of man though they may be in a particular sect. We are told that many are lead astray by others. Do you fault literally all Catholics you ever knew or not or did you fault the errenious teachings and actions of the ancient rcc?

There are people in the RCC that really didn't know any better and were frightened to check out other beliefs.

There really aren't excuses for that type of fear anymore.

So many people can get a Bible and know for themselves.

I know there are still people who live under fear and can't get a hold of the Bible, but that surely is not your problem.

Let's speak about people who can search, who have access to many books.

That would be you and me, and probably everyone who comes to this site to post.

glorydaz

Let the fun begin.

Fun?

You don't seem to get that ALL humans have their own spirit that lives within them.

ALL HUMANS, she says....EXCEPT FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. :doh:

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.​

This is why God's UNtruth is an antichrist just like popsthebuilder who quotes from the Quran.

:readthis: This is what John is talking about.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

God's Truth

Fun?

ALL HUMANS, she says....EXCEPT FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. :doh:

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of the Father come as a man.

God came to die for the sins of the world.

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.​

This is why God's UNtruth is an antichrist just like popsthebuilder who quotes from the Quran.

:readthis: This is what John is talking about.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

I don't go against any scriptures. It is a figment of your imagination.

popsthebuilder

No. If a person joins a Catholic denomination, then they are submitting to that church's teachings. If a person joins the Baha'i religion, then they submit to that religion's teachings. I can show you false teachings of all the world's religions. Why be part of any false teachings? False doctrines are from demons.
Please try to understand that though one believes core texts to be inspired by GOD; that in no way whatsoever correlated with a belief in whichever sect or division the book may be associated with.

Does that make sense to you?

Believing a book to have knowledge and truth and to have been inspired by GOD is not the same as following any particular sect, division, or religion.

If so then we are both guilty of being associated with any and all sects of Christianity.

popsthebuilder

There are people in the RCC that really didn't know any better and were frightened to check out other beliefs.

There really aren't excuses for that type of fear anymore.

So many people can get a Bible and know for themselves.

I know there are still people who live under fear and can't get a hold of the Bible, but that surely is not your problem.

Let's speak about people who can search, who have access to many books.

That would be you and me, and probably everyone who comes to this site to post.
It was your questioning friend, but that is fine.