Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

Please try to understand that though one believes core texts to be inspired by GOD; that in no way whatsoever correlated with a belief in whichever sect or division the book may be associated with.

Does that make sense to you?

Believing a book to have knowledge and truth and to have been inspired by GOD is not the same as following any particular sect, division, or religion.

If so then we are both guilty of being associated with any and all sects of Christianity.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

All religions and denominations have doctrines that could be false.

popsthebuilder

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.​

Very good verses showing that Jesus was wholly man.

This is why God's UNtruth is an antichrist just like popsthebuilder who quotes from the Quran.

That is unjustified.
Scripturally show that citing the Quran is a sign of the Antichrist or stop making false claims please.

:readthis: This is what John is talking about.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(Says nothing about the manhood of Jesus or later texts or later prophets)

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

(The Quran indeed repeatedly states that Jesus is / was the Christ so what is it you are up to? Whatever it is it isn't honest. Not a good way to start for you is it? That's rhetorical by the way.)

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

( Good thing the Quran nor me nor gt deny that Christ came in the flesh; she said specifically that Christ/ the spirit of GOD came in the flesh as do i, and which is reiterated in the Quran)

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​
[/QUOTE]

(So who are you accusing exactly?)

2003cobra

The early church identified books appropriate for reading in the church, and these were technically canonized, and there were additional books that were views]ed as valuable but not canonical.

Even Paul quoted pagan writers.

And Jesus quoted scripture that is not in the current canon.

Actually there are multiple canons from ancient times. I prefer the canon of the Church of the East.

That said, there are documents that some consider sacred that are composed of lies. My copy Quran, for example, explicitly denies the deity of Jesus Christ.

popsthebuilder

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of the Father come as a man.

God came to die for the sins of the world.

I don't go against any scriptures. It is a figment of your imagination.
GOD came to lead HIS creation home to HIM. Not to be a sacrifice to HIMSELF.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

The early church identified books appropriate for reading in the church, and these were technically canonized, and there were additional books that were views]ed as valuable but not canonical.

Actually there are multiple canons from ancient times. I prefer the canon of the Church of the East.

That said, there are documents that some consider sacred that are composed of lies. My copy Quran, for example, explicitly denies the deity of Jesus Christ.
Different versions surely have different levels and forms of bias.

I like the Etheopian Coptic because it has the book of Enoch

God's Truth

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.​

Very good verses showing that Jesus was wholly man.

This is why God's UNtruth is an antichrist just like popsthebuilder who quotes from the Quran.

That is unjustified.
Scripturally show that citing the Quran is a sign of the Antichrist or stop making false claims please.

:readthis: This is what John is talking about.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(Says nothing about the manhood of Jesus or later texts or later prophets)

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

(The Quran indeed repeatedly states that Jesus is / was the Christ so what is it you are up to? Whatever it is it isn't honest. Not a good way to start for you is it? That's rhetorical by the way.)

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

( Good thing the Quran nor me nor gt deny that Christ came in the flesh; she said specifically that Christ/ the spirit of GOD came in the flesh as do i, and which is reiterated in the Quran)

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.​

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hey all you trinitarians, I think pops is saying that you and he are more alike than he and I.

I believe that Jesus' spirit is the the Spirit of God the Father Himself come as a man's.

popsthebuilder

Odd. It should explicitly say that the word of GOD was given to Jesus and that He is of the closest to GOD

popsthebuilder

Hey all you trinitarians, I think pops is saying that you and he are more alike than he and I.[/QUOTE]If you came here to mock me then please leave.

If not then please explain that post.

You know well that I know well that there is One Spirit

popsthebuilder

Galatians 1:6 KJV - [FONT=&quot]I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:[/FONT]
If you only knew that I was drawn to Christ by the Quran then perhaps you would keep from misusing sacred texts.

God's Truth

If you came here to mock me then please leave.

If not then please explain that post.

You know well that I know well that there is One Spirit

I don't mock people. Don't falsely accuse.

I don't have to leave.

You have not ever said you agree with me that all men have a spirit inside of them that does not die. You have never clarified and admitted to the trinitarians who have asked you more than once if you believe as I do that Jesus' spirit as a man is the spirit of His Father come as a man's.

God's Truth

Why? Explain it before hand.

I would rather discuss the sacred texts like I thought we where going to do.

You brought up people joining religions who can't help but believe what they are taught.

I want to talk about people who have the ability to seek out the truth.

People are responsible for what they believe.

The truth can be found.

popsthebuilder

Of course God came to lead His creation home to Him.

However, Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God the Father and he was not just baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Why do you say such things as if we see them wholly differently?

And is that issue salvific? Is one who says Jesus was Christ in the flesh upon baptism actually saying that Jesus was not Christ in the flesh?

I think not.

God's Truth

Paul quoted pagans as if it were God's truth?

popsthebuilder

You brought up people joining religions who can't help but believe what they are taught.

I want to talk about people who have the ability to seek out the truth.

People are responsible for what they believe.

The truth can be found.
And again, as usual, we are in agreement.

popsthebuilder

Maybe you should ask him to leave, because he does mock you and he does hate the Qur'an.
He can hate the Quran. I can change that if he dare to open his eyes. If I see him mock me I may ask him to leave. That is wholly different from trying to deceive someone and then mocking them.

Last edited: