"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

Robert Pate

Banned
"Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven" Matthew 7:21.

One of Satan's greatest works is to lead people into believing that they are Christians when they are not. Instead of trusting in the work and the person of Christ, they are trusting in who they are and in what they have become, which is themselves.

"Many will say to me in that day Lord, Lord, didn't we...? Matthew 7:21.

Didn't we believe John Calvin?

Didn't we join the Catholic church?

Didn't we get baptized?

Didn't we go to church every Sunday?

Didn't we do many wonderful works?

Didn't we keep the commandments?

Didn't we? didn't we? didn't we?

"And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity". Matthew 7:23.

Jesus never knew them because they never knew Jesus. They thought that it was all about them and their Christian life, works and piety. Christianity is not about us, who are the sinners, Christianity is about Jesus Christ, His life, His death, His resurrection, His position at the right hand of God. Christianity is about how Jesus has justified the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

What is our position in all of this? We are the sinners that Jesus came into the world to save. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us" Titus 3:5. We are the benefactors of the Gospel, not the instigators of the Gospel. Our part is to believe and to receive all that Jesus has done to save us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with our salvation, but to believe it and receive it, John 1:12.

In the judgment we should be saying, "Lord, Lord, didn't YOU do all that YOU could do to save me? And the answer will be, "Welcome in my good and faithful servant" Matthew 25:21.

beloved57

Like your self, you teach salvation by works, by what a person does, so discounting salvation by what Christ did.

Bradley D

How can you interpret Robert's reference as works. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us" Titus 3:5.

Robert Pate

Banned
How can you interpret Robert's reference as works. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us" Titus 3:5.

One of the works of the devil is to accuse Christians of sin.

He has to do the work of his father, so he accuses me of teaching salvation by works.

popsthebuilder

Like your self, you teach salvation by works, by what a person does, so discounting salvation by what Christ did.
Nonsense; it is stated clearly and repeatedly that works are a product of Faith. And not of our will but the will of GOD that has been imparted unto our hearts through Christ.

Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

beloved57

Nonsense; it is stated clearly and repeatedly that works are a product of Faith. And not of our will but the will of GOD that has been imparted unto our hearts through Christ.

Peace

You teach salvation by works also.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

One of the works of the devil is to accuse Christians of sin.

He has to do the work of his father, so he accuses me of teaching salvation by works.
Teaching salvation by works like you do is a work of the devil!

popsthebuilder

You teach salvation by works also.

Scripture teaches that false faith, or proclaimed faith with ones mouth that isn't backed by supporting action or works as a result is not real Faith.

What does it say about the man who has Faith and the man who has works from Faith? What does it say Faith without works is?

I humbly suggest you study your little book, and not follow the care fee doctrine of man.

Peace

Last edited:

beloved57

Scripture teaches that false faith, or proclaimed faith with ones mouth that isn't backed by supporting action or works as a result is not real Faith.

What does it say about the man who has Faith and the man who has works from Faith? What does it say Faith without works is?

I humbly suggest you study your little book, and not follow the care fee doctrine of man.

Peace

Scripture teaches salvation by works is a false doctrine.

Nanja

Peace

One's own faith, exercised by doing works of the flesh, i.e. believing, repenting, accepting, obeying his commands, etc., cannot please God.

The Faith that Saves is not one's own faith, but the Faith of Jesus Christ which is a Fruit and Gift of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth.

Only one a person is Born Again / Born of the Spirit can the works he does please God.

Rom. 8:7-9
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So when one boasts of their own good works they have done in a futile effort to earn their own salvation, that's false religion, exalting the flesh; nothing but filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6!

Gal. 2 :16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
One's own faith, exercised by doing works of the flesh, i.e. believing, repenting, accepting, obeying his commands, etc., cannot please God.

The Faith that Saves is not one's own faith, but the Faith of Jesus Christ which is a Fruit and Gift of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth.

Only one a person is Born Again / Born of the Spirit can the works he does please God.

Rom. 8:7-9
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So when one boasts of their own good works they have done in a futile effort to earn their own salvation, that's false religion, exalting the flesh; nothing but filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6!

Gal. 2 :16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

~~~~~

The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Becoming a Calvinist is something that you do. It is a work of the law. No one receives the Holy Spirit by what they do.

Nanja

The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The Holy Spirit is given in New Birth to all the Elect which were given according to God's Purpose and Grace before the world began:

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Each member of Christ's Body, The Church Eph. 5:25, Chosen in Union with Him before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4, shall receive New Birth passively at some point in their life:

Being Born Again is nothing less than a Miracle of God!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit is given in New Birth to all the Elect which were given according to God's Purpose and Grace before the world began:

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Each member of Christ's Body, The Church Eph. 5:25, Chosen in Union with Him before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4, shall receive New Birth passively at some point in their life:

Being Born Again is nothing less than a Miracle of God!

~~~~~

No one is born again that does not hear and believe the Gospel.

Listen to what Peter says to you, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible seed, by the word of God (Which is the Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

You have not been born again because you reject the Gospel as your means of salvation.