Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I lost my mom a few weeks ago. Hardest thing I've ever had to go through. If I have to hear one more time, from one more person, about how it was her time, how God took her, how her days were predestined and it was just her time to go, I think I'm going to smack dab punch them right dead square in the face.

That is all.

Lon

So I lost my mom a few weeks ago. Hardest thing I've ever had to go through. If I have to hear one more time, from one more person, about how it was her time, how God took her, how her days were predestined and it was just her time to go, I think I'm going to smack dab punch them right dead square in the face.

That is all.
I'm a Calvinist. Would NEVER say that. Have never...

#1) One of my favorite verses John 11:35 "Jesus wept." He was about to raise Lazarus to life, and knew He was going to do it. The women believed he would be raised by God. Yet, "Jesus wept." He was deeply moved by the hurt and love of those missing Lazarus. It is a lesson to us, not to gloss over another's pain as well as an incredible and very meaningful glimpse of the passion of our Lord Jesus Christ and what moves Him. I pray you find comfort and compassion in our Lord Jesus Christ.

#2) Another verse that has spoken to me deeply, during departures:
Act 20:36 And when he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all.
Act 20:37 And there was much weeping on the part of all; they embraced Paul and kissed him,
Act 20:38 being sorrowful most of all because of the word he had spoken, that they would not see his face again. And they accompanied him to the ship.

There is every indication that the most Godly, hurt the most deeply and so I pray His blessings and comfort as you rightly grieve her passing.

#3) Romans 12:15 reminds me to be empathetic, but more so, to mourn with those who mourn. Poly, you have my deepest sympathies, and I may not always cry, but having lost my step-father, I do empathize with your pain and loss. My step-father, when I was 16 asked me not to share the gospel of God's grace and mercy, through Jesus Christ our Lord, again with him. I prayed for 30 years, unable to share Christ with my father. Four years before his death, my father received the Lord Jesus Christ's grace and mercy. I pray encouragement and love for you, comfort and understanding for those who are inept, but perhaps mean well, and that your memories will be filled with the love of friends and strangers who were able to bring you some comfort and tenderness, and I pray my own words and concerns and empathies are as a healing balm, by the grace and mercies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In our Christ, In love, -Lon

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I was 8 when my mum passed.
She knew the Lord.

I would say that the work your mom did was completed in God's eyes. Which is why I can not fear my own death even as I have young children, until the work God has set for me is accomplished I have immortality.

Sorry for your loss

bybee

That is all.

So sorry for your loss. When my mother passed I couldn't even talk about it for a long time. I pray for you.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

That is all.

I'm sorry about your loss, Poly.
I lost my mother in 1990' and my father in 2008.

alwight

That is all.
My mother died at this time last year at 91, as an agnostic atheist I don't expect a hereafter for anyone and still don't, but on the night after her death I dreamed she was young, healthy and happy like I can't recall she ever was in real life. She looked at me, smiled, turned and disappeared as she walked away.
Yes it was probably my imagination and projection, but who cares it made me feel good anyway.

Perhaps there actually is something else but I don't believe that Calvinists nor any Earthly religion has any better knowledge than I do for all their traditional beliefs and practiced rhetoric.
The unknown is what we in fact have, not some silly notions of an elected few and predestination. Who would really want to live eternally in such a place where good people and family have no place, not me.

Granite

Hall of Fame
My mother died at this time last year at 91, as an agnostic atheist I don't expect a hereafter for anyone and still don't, but on the night after her death I dreamed she was young, healthy and happy like I can't recall she ever was in real life. She looked at me, smiled, turned and disappeared as she walked away.
Yes it was probably my imagination and projection, but who cares it made me feel good anyway.

Perhaps there actually is something else but I don't believe that Calvinists nor any Earthly religion has any better knowledge than I do for all their traditional beliefs and practiced rhetoric.
The unknown is what we in fact have, not some silly notions of an elected few and predestination. Who would really want to live eternally in such a place where good people and family have no place, not me.

Not to spin off too much but you don't need to be a Calvinist to say "well, it was just their time."

Poly, condolences again.

PureX

People don't realize that 'justifying it' with those kinds of phrases often makes loved ones more upset and angry about their loss than they already are. Yet somehow it's becomes one of those things that people say.

I am sorry for your loss, and perhaps there is at least some comfort in knowing that she is now free of life's problems and difficulties.

Nazaroo

Sorry about your mom.

Predestination only applies to key people and global scale events in God's timetable.

Everyone else suffers from the sins of others and justice can only be found on Judgement Day
when the Lord Jesus takes His throne to judge all peoples according to their deeds,
great and small, good and evil, victim and perpetrator.

Meanwhile the amnesty to all people is proclaimed in Jesus' name to any who will repent and become disciples.
Self defence is permitted and vital to maintenance of peaceful communities.

alwight

"I Lost My Mom/Calvinism is worse than Scum on the Bottom of a Dung Beatles Shoe"

Of course I am truly sorry for your loss since I've been there, but you seem to have implicated both Calvinism and dung with a famous Liverpool pop group that I rather like, I'm not sure I approve. :think:

Having lost those Christian and not Christian, only speaking for myself, for whatever it's worth, the loss of those not Christian was a lot worse for me. Just my experience, and desiring to add comfort to the perspective, I found great comfort, knowing any loved one is with the Lord, blessed by the Lord their travail in this world is forever over with. Safe in His hands is something big and wonderful, though we sorrow. Also, healing takes time, nothing anybody can say erasing that pain. Sorry for your loss, and God speed, finding more light at the end of that tunnel that is so difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.