Hell's Daily Arrivals

quip

BANNED
Banned
Quip, there is something not quite right in you. Good news: Mark 2:17

Sigh.....
Of course there MUST be something wrong in me.... for YOU to be right. But Good news: If it's any consolation I don't think anything is wrong in you Lon, rather if anything I see TOO much right in you. Unfortunately, as per such a condition, you self-promote it like a prideful <enter select Bible quote here> badge of honor...and that's the ultimate point of our hell-bound conversation isn't it.

Lon

Sigh.....
Listen, don't emote, please.

Of course there MUST be something wrong in me.... for YOU to be right.
Look, even in Buddhism, you are supposed to be becoming better.

But Good news: If it's any consolation I don't think anything is wrong in you Lon, rather if anything I see TOO much right in you.
No. We've had this conversation before. What I needed is what you need as well. Buddhism is a philosophy BUT is construed with religion when it doesn't really deal with origins or God other than superstitions from the past. Theoretically, one could be a Buddhist and a Christian insomuch as philosophy of both is the same. The problem is Buddism never really addresses 'Why am I here? Why am I this way? Why do we know something is wrong?' When I say something is wrong in you, it isn't that "I" must have it be so, it just is. You are so worried about the admission that you keep taking the content as an indictment only against you. It is simply 'the way it is.' I'm trying to get you to realize it isn't supposed to be this way (not even in Buddhism).

Unfortunately, as per such a condition, you self-promote it like a prideful <enter select Bible quote here> badge of honor...and that's the ultimate point of our hell-bound conversation isn't it.
You are back to accusation and relegation. That would be the bad news. Lets not forget 'good news' is supposed to follow.

Weber's thread is mostly the bad news, but it is tragic (and about worthless) if the good news doesn't follow it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Listn.Listen I'm trying to get you to realize it isn't supposed to be this way.

And I'm trying to get you to realize that your personal brand of (relative) spiritual woo employs the requisite damned, the necessary outlier (if not me then someone else). Moreover, why concern oneself with damnation when EVERYONE exists as damned via one religion or another?

Lon

And I'm trying to get you to realize that your personal brand of (relative) spiritual woo employs the requisite damned, the necessary outlier (if not me then someone else). Moreover, why concern oneself with damnation when EVERYONE exists as damned via one religion or another?
If it is part of a truth, then it is best that truths be faced rather than ignored, perhaps. I'd suppose, this not being the EC section that either Weber didn't know, and is trying to get Christians to be more responsible, or perhaps he wants those simply 'going thru the motions' to stop and pause for a moment (which seems to have accomplished at least something) or he is heralding the demise for some other nefarious or good reason I'm unaware of.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since when does not being a Christian and not believing in the Bible make anyone a "fool "? There are plenty of other reasons to call someone a fool, but this is not one of them !

Psalm 14:1 "The fool has said in his heart,'There is no God.'"

robycop3

No one is in hell right now. All the souls of the dead are in HADES, either in paradise or torments, as Jesus showed in His parable about the rich man & the beggar Lazarus.

Nor did Jesus go to hell for 3 days! "Hell" is an unfortunate mis-translation of hades in the KJV. Hell is the lake of fire, & no one is in it now.

Jesus told the repentant thief He'd saved on the cross, "Today, you shall be with Me in PARADISE".(Separate Greek term from "heaven".)

WeberHome

Re: Hell's Daily Arrivals

FAQ: Rev 20:14 says that death was thrown into the lake of fire. How is that possible seeing as how death is not a physical object?

A: The name of the rider on the pallid horse in Rev 6:8 is Death. He and hades are closely associated in Rev 6:8 just as they are in Rev 20:14, strongly suggesting that the rider on the pallid horse represents some sort of supernatural grim reaper in charge of gathering up and organizing the dead for their journey across the river Styx; so to speak.

Seeing as how Death is destined for the lake of brimstone, then I think it's safe to assume that the rider on the pallid horse is an actual being who has little to do with folk while they're alive, but the moment they pass away, his organization is right there to take them.

One of the most disturbing scenes I've yet to observe in a Hollywood movie occurs in "GHOST" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. When someone marked for hell passes away, these eerie phantoms emerge, uttering awful moans, and drag their panic-stricken prey down into the ground. I don't know if any of that is true or not; but it's about as accurate a description of the activities of that sinister being on the pallid horse as I can imagine for now.

But can you picture in your mind's eye just how shocking and terrifying it would be to die and of a sudden be able to see the spirit creatures all around us stalking people day and night 24/7 without our knowing, patiently waiting the moment when they can haul us off?

According to Luke 16:22, angels provided Lazarus' transportation to Abraham's location. The Bible doesn't say who, or what, provided the rich man's transportation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rider on the pallid horse had something to do with it.

Netherworld Update: 1,465 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 88,430,330 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

Arthur Brain

FAQ: Rev 20:14 says that death was thrown into the lake of fire. How is that possible seeing as how death is not a physical object?

A: The name of the rider on the pallid horse in Rev 6:8 is Death. He and hades are closely associated in Rev 6:8 just as they are in Rev 20:14, strongly suggesting that the rider on the pallid horse represents some sort of supernatural grim reaper in charge of gathering up and organizing the dead for their journey across the river Styx; so to speak.

Seeing as how Death is destined for the lake of brimstone, then I think it's safe to assume that the rider on the pallid horse is an actual being who has little to do with folk while they're alive, but the moment they pass away, his organization is right there to take them.

One of the most disturbing scenes I've yet to observe in a Hollywood movie occurs in "GHOST" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. When someone marked for hell passes away, these eerie phantoms emerge, uttering awful moans, and drag their panic-stricken prey down into the ground. I don't know if any of that is true or not; but it's about as accurate a description of the activities of that sinister being on the pallid horse as I can imagine for now.

But can you picture in your mind's eye just how shocking and terrifying it would be to die and of a sudden be able to see the spirit creatures all around us stalking people day and night 24/7 without our knowing, patiently waiting the moment when they can haul us off?

According to Luke 16:22, angels provided Lazarus' transportation to Abraham's location. The Bible doesn't say who, or what, provided the rich man's transportation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rider on the pallid horse had something to do with it.

Netherworld Update: 1,465 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 88,430,330 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

Is there a section of hades that isn't fiery according to you?

What a lovely thread.

:plain:

WeberHome

Matt 5:21-22a . . You have heard that it was said to the people long ago: Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment. But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment.

I think it's safe to assume that the anger spoken of in that passage is a malicious kind of anger eating away at somebody who wants you dead. (cf. 1John 3:15)

Matt 5:22b . . . Again, anyone who says to his brother "Raca" is answerable to the Sanhedrin.

Raca refers to name-calling, especially in regard to intelligence, e.g. idiot, moron, dummy, lame brain, space cadet, Neanderthal, air head, dimwit, bird brain, knuckle dragger, doofus, jackass, ignoramus, etc.

Matt 5:22c . . But anyone who says "You fool" will be in danger of the fire of hell.

"You fool" in this case refers to a particular kind of mental cruelty that makes people-- especially growing children --feel bad about themselves, i.e. makes people feel like they don't count and/or don't matter, like they are something less than a real human being.

Demeaning comments in the "you fool" category attack someone's self respect with the intent of making them feel like they don't belong: they're unnecessary, unwelcome, and unworthy of being included, listened to, and/or taken seriously.

There's a certain amount of poetic justice in Matt 5:22c. People that make others' lives a living hell in this life via you-fool remarks, fully deserve their own lives to be a living hell in the next.

Matt 12:36-37 . . I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

Netherworld Update: 1,505 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 90,829,760 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

quip

BANNED
Banned
There's a certain amount of poetic justice in Matt 5:22c. People that make others' lives a living hell in this life via you-fool remarks, fully deserve their own lives to be a living hell in the next.

Matt 12:36-37 . . I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.
[/FONT]
Netherworld Update: 1,505 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 90,829,760 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_
[/SIZE]

How about implication? Do generalized and careless implication - as such within this thread - qualify for hell-fire condemnation?

What's your true motive for this hell bound tally?

Aimiel

No one is in hell right now. All the souls of the dead are in HADES, either in paradise or torments, as Jesus showed in His parable about the rich man & the beggar Lazarus.

Nor did Jesus go to hell for 3 days! "Hell" is an unfortunate mis-translation of hades in the KJV. Hell is the lake of fire, & no one is in it now.

Jesus told the repentant thief He'd saved on the cross, "Today, you shall be with Me in PARADISE".(Separate Greek term from "heaven".)
No. Hades is hell. During God's judgement: Hell (who is a spirit), along with Satan and Death (also a spirit) will be cast alive into the Lake of Fire for eternity along with all those whose names were not found in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Hawkins

Is it really a loving God who creates and has an eternity of suffering as part of "the plan"?

You don't have to assume that they are humans. They are the mindless zombies after losing their conscience which belongs to God. God's job is to save a single human from a city of zombies.

WeberHome

Jer 13:23 . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

Back in the mid 1960s-- when I was a young single guy around 24 years old living solo in a tiny rented room in a family home's daylight basement --I had lots of time to myself to think about things since I had no friends, nor any kind of social contact whatsoever other than at work. I wasn't distracted with a girl friend, nor by pals and beer buddies, nor by an obsessive hobby. It was just me, my 1961 Volkswagen, and a 305 Honda motorcycle that I rode all over northwest Oregon.

I thought about Hell a lot back in those days; and the very real possibility of my ending up there. It occurred to me at the time that it would be a whole lots easier to comply with God's wishes if only I were like Him instead of like me. Doing bad is easy for me because I'm bad without thinking about it whereas doing good is a fight against nature. If only I could do good as naturally as God does good; I'd have it made.

Another thought crossed my mind back in those days. Let's assume that I could somehow manage to be pious enough in this lifetime to qualify for Heaven. Then what? I was pretty sure I could never manage to be pious for all eternity: possibly in this life, but certainly never in the next; no, I could never keep it up forever. Sooner or later my true colors would show themselves.

I envied people like Moses because he had Heaven in the bag while I had no clue about my future; though I was fairly sure that for me, Hell was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was very fortunate to be thinking those kinds of thoughts because right around then I ran across a solution to my problem in the Old Testament that says:

"I will take you from among the nations and gather you from all the countries, and I will bring you to your land. And I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you will be clean; from all your impurities and from all your abominations will I cleanse you.

. . . And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit within you and bring it about that you will walk in My statutes and you will keep My ordinances and do them." (Ezek 36:24-27)

Those promises were made to the Jews so of course I, being a Gentile, couldn't expect God to let me in on them. But just think of the tremendous advantages that passage speaks of. Whereas I am normally and naturally impious, with those promises in hand I could become just the opposite, viz: I could become normally and naturally pious. Ezek 36:24-27 really perked me up and lifted my spirits because it gave me a light at the end of the tunnel whereas before then, I had none.

Eph 2:11-22 tells how that God has a way for Gentiles to share in the Jews' benefits. The light at the end of the tunnel spoken of above is available to everyone on Earth regardless of age, race, color, or gender; which the apostle Peter sums up by saying:

"Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has given us everything we need for life and piety through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature." (2Pet 1:2-4)

Netherworld Update: 1,529 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 92,278,208 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

Aimiel

Rather than focus on the lost, when thinking of eternity: I like to think of the fact that there are currently more people alive than all those who have already died. The harvest has come!!! :thumb:

:aimiel:

quip

BANNED
Banned
-

According to 1Tim 4:10 and 1John 2:2, Christ gave his life in order to pave
the way to safety for everybody; not just an elite caste. But for some odd
reason, which I have never been able to understand, Christ's Father has
restricted the benefit to believers only; and according to John 3:18,
disbelievers are shut out.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If Christ equates to the Father....then what you've written transpires into a blatant contradiction. If not...the former sacrifice was in vain. :idunno:

WeberHome

Titus 2:2 . . Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance.

The koiné Greek word for "older men" is presbutes (pres-boo'-tace) which means: an old man. Presbutes is different than presbuteros, which refers to church officers; e.g. deacons (1Tim 5:17).

I used to get my watches serviced by an aging repairman at a local mall until the day finally came when I could no longer tolerate his manners. He was around seventy-five years old, cantankerous as can be, and perpetually cross. I often felt like asking him if he ever gave any thought to his future. You know, heaven is a place of peace. A hateful man like that repairman would not only never fit in there, but it wouldn't be fair to the others to permit him in their world.

"Cantankerous" can be defined as: habitually ill-humored, irritable, disagreeable, bearish, cankered, cranky, cross-grained, dour, morose, sour; crabby, cross, crusty, huffy, petulant, prickly, snappish; dyspeptic, ill-conditioned, thin-skinned, complaining, and ill-natured.

A Christian man in old age really ought to be a sweet, mellow guy: a pal and a big brother for the younger ones rather than somebody they'd prefer do the world a favor by stepping in front of a bus.

Netherworld Update: 1,538 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 92,821,376 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

Aimiel

I used to live two doors away from the sweetest man I've ever met. He was in his late eighties and kept busy by taking meticulous care of his car and his house. He also took in bicycles which were left at the curb. He had dozens and would repair or use them for parts and always had at least a couple dozen in perfect working order and would give them away to anyone who wanted a bicycle. I'll never forget how kind and loving I always found him. I would always seek him out whenever I had any good news to share, just to try to encourage him even more. He made a huge impact on my heart and is a great asset in Heaven now.

WeberHome

Eccl 12:7 . .Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The second half of that passage is what interests me the most because Adam's body was made of the dust of the earth, but his soul wasn't made like that. According to Gen 2:7, the breath of life made Adam's soul.

So; I think it's fairly safe to assume that where Ecc 12:7 says that the spirit shall return to God, it's talking about God laying claim to a dead person's soul; and that is a very, very unnerving proposition.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Heb 10:31)

According to Matt 10:28, assassins can take the life of a man's body, but they are powerless to take the life of a man's soul; which means that a man's death doesn't terminate his existence; there's still God to reckon with.

Matt 10:28 . . Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

The Greek word for "hell" in that verse isn't hades, it's geena (gheh' en-nah) i.e. the sum of all fears. So then, the rich man incarcerated in hades as per Luke 16:19-31 still has his soul and won't lose it till he's transferred to geena during the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 where people will undergo a gruesome termination akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

Matt 16:26 . .What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

There are far too many people on internet forums casually discussing the sum of all fears as if they're in a Jane Austen book club discussing a chapter of Pride And Prejudice. Well; let me say to those grasshoppers: the hades described in Luke 16:19-31 is bad enough, but the geena of Isa 66:23-24, Matt 10:28, and Mark 9:43-48 is much worse because it's in there where people lose their human souls and quite possibly given a demonic soul in exchange.

I'm not claiming the part I said about a demonic soul is true; I'm only suggesting it's a distinct possibility because the lake of fire wasn't initially constructed for humans, rather it was initially constructed for the Devil and his angels. (Matt 25:41)

Netherworld Update: 1,541 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 93,002,432 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

WeberHome

FAQ: Seeing as how Satan is harvesting more souls than Christ, then he'll get the last laugh won't he? Like "LOL, I got more than You!"

A: I don't expect Satan to do much gloating. He's a narcissistic alpha male; which is a personality that feels very strongly it's not good enough to win; everyone else must lose, viz: people like him are not content with a market share, no, they will settle for nothing less than the whole market. In their thinking, anything less than 100% market share makes them feel inadequate and less than a success. Were you to ask them what number would satisfy them; they'd likely answer: More.

In Satan's mind "more than you" isn't enough to cheer him up for an LOL. Anything less than all is nothing to brag about because in his mind, there are no second place winners. Ergo, any souls taken by Christ, no matter how few in number, are painful for Satan because that massive ego of his can't, and won't, tolerate the reduction of even one soul in his inventory. In a mind like Satan's, Christ is a thief taking things for himself that rightfully don't belong to him.

According to Rev 12:12, the Devil's final hours characterize him in a very disagreeable mood.

You know; it's not easy to be a devil. The poor creature is stuck with a personality that allows him very little peace of mind, if any.

Netherworld Update: 1,574 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 94,994,048 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_