Hell's Daily Arrivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
    When you do it back? The worst is a lofty view of self, which you certainly possess. Jesus said He didn't come for the likes of these, but those in need. The point: Tares who want to be tares, think nothing is wrong with being tares, don't and won't. What is of concern is that you think yourself and worldview so lofty that it doesn't need nor want the other. It means you like your lofty perch and see others as beneath you. "Neanderthals" is certainly the fruit of such absorbed comment. Do I got to love your audacious spunk or feel sorry for a fellow whose worldview is so naive?

Erm, no. Christianity would be your yang. You really don't embrace it by any stretch of imagination. It is you who really doesn't understand his 'own' supposed philosophy, but I don't really look for genuine Buddhists in the Western world. They follow their own ideas and simply like the freedom of Buddhism that allows them couch their own ideas, already in play. You don't really have any of the 'embrace' in you with such polarizing overused mindless rhetoric like Neanderthal and tribal. Somehow you assume you've risen above while expressing the imagined same or worse You are too full of yourself to see anything less than your own imagined superiority. You've expressed enough regarding unborn human beings to have dropped you far below the standard of 'enlightened.' You are an incredible enigma of angst toward Christians and I've never understood you. Your sig is perfect for such because you are afraid and bothered yet think you are more intelligent or human while espousing the most dismal human values in your abortion discussions on TOL. You really have no room for such comment or platforming on here. Sadly, 1) it won't change and 2) I nor any other are on your par as the lowly 'neandrathals' and backward tribe members. You've made sure of that so behind your ivory tower. Your sig gives you away as a sad and frightened little guy, not really above those you try and disdain and/or demean on TOL. THAT, is why you've been banned most of the time btw. That and your values really are beneath contempt more often than not. So much for the progression of the human race. I realize it is always tough between us, but this is all you allow. You really have to face your own rhetoric head on.

I'm not being unkind to you. I'm echoing back to you, your own problematic worldview and statements. They are dismal.

Let's get back to it: You are either a wheat or a tare and no room inbetween. Sure, tares make dandelion salad, but such preys upon the ground of wheat and gives little back. In the Yin/Yang garden, there is no need to weed, just control. In God's economy, the weeds have to go. These are not my rules. There is no 'tribe' mentality to it at all. It rests simply on this: Jesus Christ exists. Prove the truth right or wrong. The rest is simply distraction and anti-intellectual. There is no other talking point. There is a reason most Buddhists aren't Christian.
    Well, it seems each considers the other as hopelessly arrogant. Though, your spiritual arrogance is of little importance to me, if only equal parts annoying and entertaining; my arrogance (in the lack of your beliefs) seems of inherent importance to you. It seems you suffer with the understanding that your notion of god is one of many prevailing such notions wrought by mankind... the truth of which is invariably beyond demonstration, whilst a hostile mode of self-righteous pursuasion seems to be failing you as well. My views require nothing from you, I'd rather focus on what we may hold in common as fellow human beings (apart from ToL) Yours, requires my seat in hell and as such tends to expound upon, exploit and - daresay - availed by those very differences!

A striking contrast don't you think?
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
      What is "true and verifiable" Lon? In regards to "hell", just what is that exactly? If I give a rep to someone it's because I think they make a valid point or something I can agree or get on board with to some degree. You haven't answered me as to whether a truly loving God couldn't create life without an eternal "hell" being inevitable either.
      Verifiable is again, the foundation of Jesus Christ. My whole house stands or falls upon Him. After? Whatever He says is true.
      My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
      Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
      Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
      Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
      No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
      Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• Originally posted by quip View Post
        Well, it seems each considers the other as hopelessly arrogant. Though, your spiritual arrogance is of little importance to me, if only equal parts annoying and entertaining; my arrogance (in the lack of your beliefs) seems of inherent importance to you.
        You make your own chains. Your worldview is dismal and certainly not above any 'neanderthal' I've ever met. None of my 'neanderthals' kill people to send them to hell. You advocate/participate in the death of those who cannot possibly fight back. That's an 'evolved' man? You are just delusional.

Originally posted by quip View Post
        It seems you suffer with the understanding that your notion of god is one of many prevailing such notions wrought by mankind...
        An anti-intellectual convenience of choice, means:
        Wrong:
        1) Not wrought by man.
        2) Your logic is immature: doesn't mean one isn't correct.

the truth of which is invariably beyond demonstration
        Incorrect. God assures He will be found by those who seek Him. Such is provable, you just choose not to, because that's who you are. The problem, Quip, is you.

whilst a hostile mode of self-righteous pursuasion seems to be failing you as well.
        Absolutely not. This is about your disdain for 'neanderthals.' You are simply looking for self-fullfilling prophecy to echo true so you can continue on your merry wrong, delusional way. I'm not that guy. You will always have to think when talking with me. I'm at least your intellectual equal. You've no room or reason for mental nor moral superiority complex here.

My views require nothing from you, I'd rather focus on what we may hold in common as fellow human beings (apart from ToL) Yours, requires my seat in hell and as such tends to expound upon, exploit and - daresay - availed by those very differences!

A striking contrast don't you think?
        No. Your mistake is to think "I'm" Jesus Christ/God. I'm not self-righteous. I'm simply seated in truth. While I understand the problem of those who have some misplaced 'glee' in your demise, I believe it O.T. Some confuse the two. Perhaps 'tribal' would fit, but it doesn't help.
        I'm a sounding board: "Neanderthal" and backwards "tribal" mean you've gone well away from treating me/us as 'fellow human beings.' - Doesn't ring true. You deem yourself and unassailable wall, but again, that sig belies a fear and trembling, but you are missing the object of trembling. It reflects practicing atheism. Secure ivory tower, yet trembling? Doesn't make sense. It is odd to me that you and others think this sort of dialogue entertaining. There is something not quite right in you to relish such. There is something not quite right in your sentiment and value of the unborn. Quip, there is something not quite right in you. Good news: Mark 2:17

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• There is no final judgement until judgement day when all created both dead and alive will be judged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cntrysner View Post
            There is no final judgement until judgement day when all created both dead and alive will be judged.
            John 3:18 Let's be reading our Bibles

? Yep

Comment

Quip, there is something not quite right in you. Good news: Mark 2:17
              Sigh.....
              Of course there MUST be something wrong in me.... for YOU to be right. But Good news: If it's any consolation I don't think anything is wrong in you Lon, rather if anything I see TOO much right in you. Unfortunately, as per such a condition, you self-promote it like a prideful <enter select Bible quote here> badge of honor...and that's the ultimate point of our hell-bound conversation isn't it.
              _/\_

Comment

Sigh.....
                Listen, don't emote, please.

Of course there MUST be something wrong in me.... for YOU to be right.
                Look, even in Buddhism, you are supposed to be becoming better.

But Good news: If it's any consolation I don't think anything is wrong in you Lon, rather if anything I see TOO much right in you.
                No. We've had this conversation before. What I needed is what you need as well. Buddhism is a philosophy BUT is construed with religion when it doesn't really deal with origins or God other than superstitions from the past. Theoretically, one could be a Buddhist and a Christian insomuch as philosophy of both is the same. The problem is Buddism never really addresses 'Why am I here? Why am I this way? Why do we know something is wrong?' When I say something is wrong in you, it isn't that "I" must have it be so, it just is. You are so worried about the admission that you keep taking the content as an indictment only against you. It is simply 'the way it is.' I'm trying to get you to realize it isn't supposed to be this way (not even in Buddhism).

Unfortunately, as per such a condition, you self-promote it like a prideful <enter select Bible quote here> badge of honor...and that's the ultimate point of our hell-bound conversation isn't it.
                You are back to accusation and relegation. That would be the bad news. Lets not forget 'good news' is supposed to follow.

Weber's thread is mostly the bad news, but it is tragic (and about worthless) if the good news doesn't follow it.

? Yep

Comment

Listn.Listen I'm trying to get you to realize it isn't supposed to be this way.
                  And I'm trying to get you to realize that your personal brand of (relative) spiritual woo employs the requisite damned, the necessary outlier (if not me then someone else). Moreover, why concern oneself with damnation when EVERYONE exists as damned via one religion or another?
                  _/\_

Comment

And I'm trying to get you to realize that your personal brand of (relative) spiritual woo employs the requisite damned, the necessary outlier (if not me then someone else). Moreover, why concern oneself with damnation when EVERYONE exists as damned via one religion or another?
                    If it is part of a truth, then it is best that truths be faced rather than ignored, perhaps. I'd suppose, this not being the EC section that either Weber didn't know, and is trying to get Christians to be more responsible, or perhaps he wants those simply 'going thru the motions' to stop and pause for a moment (which seems to have accomplished at least something) or he is heralding the demise for some other nefarious or good reason I'm unaware of.

? Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by The Horn View Post
                      Since when does not being a Christian and not believing in the Bible make anyone a "fool "? There are plenty of other reasons to call someone a fool, but this is not one of them !
                      Psalm 14:1 "The fool has said in his heart,'There is no God.'"
                      "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

• No one is in hell right now. All the souls of the dead are in HADES, either in paradise or torments, as Jesus showed in His parable about the rich man & the beggar Lazarus.

Nor did Jesus go to hell for 3 days! "Hell" is an unfortunate mis-translation of hades in the KJV. Hell is the lake of fire, & no one is in it now.

Jesus told the repentant thief He'd saved on the cross, "Today, you shall be with Me in PARADISE".(Separate Greek term from "heaven".)

Comment

• Re: Hell's Daily Arrivals

FAQ: Rev 20:14 says that death was thrown into the lake of fire. How is that possible seeing as how death is not a physical object?

A: The name of the rider on the pallid horse in Rev 6:8 is Death. He and hades are closely associated in Rev 6:8 just as they are in Rev 20:14, strongly suggesting that the rider on the pallid horse represents some sort of supernatural grim reaper in charge of gathering up and organizing the dead for their journey across the river Styx; so to speak.

Seeing as how Death is destined for the lake of brimstone, then I think it's safe to assume that the rider on the pallid horse is an actual being who has little to do with folk while they're alive, but the moment they pass away, his organization is right there to take them.

One of the most disturbing scenes I've yet to observe in a Hollywood movie occurs in "GHOST" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. When someone marked for hell passes away, these eerie phantoms emerge, uttering awful moans, and drag their panic-stricken prey down into the ground. I don't know if any of that is true or not; but it's about as accurate a description of the activities of that sinister being on the pallid horse as I can imagine for now.

But can you picture in your mind's eye just how shocking and terrifying it would be to die and of a sudden be able to see the spirit creatures all around us stalking people day and night 24/7 without our knowing, patiently waiting the moment when they can haul us off?

According to Luke 16:22, angels provided Lazarus' transportation to Abraham's location. The Bible doesn't say who, or what, provided the rich man's transportation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rider on the pallid horse had something to do with it.

Netherworld Update: 1,465 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 88,430,330 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
                          _

Comment

• Originally posted by WeberHome View Post
                            FAQ: Rev 20:14 says that death was thrown into the lake of fire. How is that possible seeing as how death is not a physical object?

A: The name of the rider on the pallid horse in Rev 6:8 is Death. He and hades are closely associated in Rev 6:8 just as they are in Rev 20:14, strongly suggesting that the rider on the pallid horse represents some sort of supernatural grim reaper in charge of gathering up and organizing the dead for their journey across the river Styx; so to speak.

Seeing as how Death is destined for the lake of brimstone, then I think it's safe to assume that the rider on the pallid horse is an actual being who has little to do with folk while they're alive, but the moment they pass away, his organization is right there to take them.

One of the most disturbing scenes I've yet to observe in a Hollywood movie occurs in "GHOST" starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. When someone marked for hell passes away, these eerie phantoms emerge, uttering awful moans, and drag their panic-stricken prey down into the ground. I don't know if any of that is true or not; but it's about as accurate a description of the activities of that sinister being on the pallid horse as I can imagine for now.

But can you picture in your mind's eye just how shocking and terrifying it would be to die and of a sudden be able to see the spirit creatures all around us stalking people day and night 24/7 without our knowing, patiently waiting the moment when they can haul us off?

According to Luke 16:22, angels provided Lazarus' transportation to Abraham's location. The Bible doesn't say who, or what, provided the rich man's transportation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rider on the pallid horse had something to do with it.

Netherworld Update: 1,465 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 88,430,330 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
                            _
                            Is there a section of hades that isn't fiery according to you?

What a lovely thread.

Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                            X