This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoos
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Comment

We do have to much personal ego games, and not enough real seeking of truth!
      So, what?

believe it!

Comment

I don't think a Spammers thread would be complete without a shout out to those Spammers Extraordinaire of Yesteryear, denizens of the Spammers Paradise, I give you Zimfan, Jujubee and Ninjasissy!

Wherever you are in the spammy ether, this spam's for you!

Comment

Inzl KettBarbie earned it. He's always on the attack with his posts. Read the rules again. It's name calling without cause.
          so name calling with a cause, is acceptable, but I would have to guess, its only a cause to which the MODs find acceptable.

Comment

From Zippy2006
            And yet the slope has certainly increased. Knight's slope provided for free speech to a very large degree, and therefore invited and welcomed those of differing beliefs, perhaps treating them harshly at times but allowing them to fight back, not tying their hands behind their backs as they are struck. Not so anymore.

If people don't like being hit without being allowed to strike back, being abused without being allowed to defend themselves or retaliate, or dealing with hypocritical moderation, they will leave. TOL is inevitably becoming less lively. The irony--and most unfortunate problem--is that it is "Christians" who are taking back with their left hand what they have given with their right. If you are a non-Christian who has survived on TOL, then chances are you already know how to turn the other cheek more than the Christians.

I am all in favor of a more civil environment, but strongly against a half-civil hypocritical environment. So the working model for TOL is changing: debate and lively discussion will slowly begin to dry up as this becomes another strongly-biased forum of like-minded people reinforcing what they already believe; a technologically advanced bridge club, not a theological or political forum.
            From Del:
            I think Inzl Kett is doing a great job and you should quit your whining.
            One post is reasoned, the other no more thoughtful than

Comment

Originally posted by 99lamb View Post
              TOL is becoming... a technologically advanced bridge club
              Apt characterization!

Comment

so name calling with a cause, is acceptable, but I would have to guess, its only a cause to which the MODs find acceptable.
                Are you not told to judge with righteous judgement?
                Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

One post is reasoned, the other no more thoughtful than
                  It seems complaining has become fashionable as of late. Folks are not happy on here unless they are complaining.
                  Sherman's Sock Account

Comment

twas ever thus

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorcas Wode View Post
                      It seems complaining has become fashionable as of late. Folks are not happy on here unless they are complaining.
                      Your complaint is duly noted.

Comment

• The Hairy Tick Seems To Be Spoiling For A Fight...

Who here wants to see me back him into a corner again?

Who here wants to see me pound him into silt again?

Who here wants to see the oversensitive girlyman sulk off butthurt after a teary-eyed drama queen farewell again?

Comment

• Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                          Who here wants to see me back him into a corner again?

Who here wants to see me pound him into silt again?

Who here wants to see the oversensitive girlyman sulk off butthurt after a teary-eyed drama queen farewell again?
                          I would like to see you mature.
                          Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

• Where's the implied profanity?

Comment

• Res no one can win a horse race by becoming a horses' derriere.

Comment

• don't forget to vote!

Comment

Working...
                                X