The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

It begins a Purifying process !

Christ, His Blood, or His Offering begins for each person He died for a Purifying process which the Holy Spirit shall apply to them at an appointed hour in their life, which begins with their New Birth or what is called also the Sanctification of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

So we have the writer of Hebrews writing these Heb 10:10;14-18

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

In other words, those who were being sanctified experientially , was the effect of the one Offering of Christ that Perfected them forever !

Those who are made perfect legally by the Offering of Christ, are those who have the Gospel and its Spiritual Message Communicated to them 1 Cor 2:6-7

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

The Perfect are those who can understand the Wisdom and Mystery of the Gospel they spoke among them ! For the Gospel is a Mystery Eph 6:19-20

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Last edited:

beloved57

Shall die to sin and shall live unto God !

One of the sure results of the purpose of Christ's Death for all for whom He died is this 1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

It is then, we know that Christ's stripes alone healed us spiritually !

Now who are the subjects of this great healing spiritually of Christ's stripes or His Death ? None but the Elect of God as Per 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Which are those who have been begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This begetting again produced a New Life unto God, for the greek word here for begotten again is anagennaō and means:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

Now you see how one for whom Christ dies, how that results in a Life that lives unto God !

Now if this is not the effect produced for each and everyone Christ died for 1 Pet 2:24, then His Death for them failed God's Purpose !

Last edited:

beloved57

Col 1:22 To present Holy and Unblamable !

Col 1:21-22

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Another intended purpose for the death of Christ and accomplishment, for all that He died, is to present them Holy, unblameable and unreproveable in His Sight !

Notice it was to present #1 Unblameable ἄμωμος =

without blemish

a) as a sacrifice without spot or blemish

2) morally: without blemish, faultless, unblameable

But thats not all, its to present # 2 unreproveable anegklētos =

that cannot be called into to account, unreproveable, unaccused, blameless

Its the meaning that Paul has in mind here Rom 8:33

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Its the same word. You see God never laid any charge to the account of His Elect !

And Holy !

But all this is in His Sight, though it may not be True to experience here in the flesh, nevertheless for Him to see His People like that in His Sight is because of the Imputed Righteousness of Christ laid to their account.

Now if this does not occur for each one He reconciled to God by the Death of His Son Rom 5:10;Col 1:21, then His Death failed God's intended purpose !

Last edited:

beloved57

Christ finished the Work God gave Him to do !

Jn 17:1-4

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Christ came to do a work for His Father, and it is a work that He He would be rewarded for Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

His Reward was that Joy set before Him ! The phrase set before Him is the greek prokeimai which means :

to lie or be placed before (a person or a thing) or in front of

2) to set before

a) to be placed before the eyes, to lie in sight

1) to stand forth

b) to be appointed, destined

c) to be there, be present, be at hand

Its an appointed Joy. Remember Jesus said this Lk 22:29

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

This Kingdom is the Joy of the Lord Matt 25:21

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Also the Joy that is His Reward, is the Repentance of each of His Lost Sheep, the Sheep He seeks and finds and saved Lk 15:1-7

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Thats Jesus Reward, for the sinner that repents is evidence of the success of His Work and the Reward of His Work. The Repenting sinners are the rewards that the Father Promised to the Son for the accomplishment of His Work Ps 2:8

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

The word give here also means appoint as here Ezk 45:6

6 And ye shall [B]appoint the possession of the city [/B]five thousand broad, and five and twenty thousand long, over against the oblation of the holy portion: it shall be for the whole house of Israel.

Ps 2:8 is the Promised Kingdom appointed of Lk 22:29 and sinners brought into this Kingdom by the Work of Christ are Christ's Reward, His Joy set before Him. This is because He finished the Work the Father gave Him to do !

Last edited:

beloved57

Confess Jesus as Lord !

The Lord Jesus Christ as an reward for His obedience unto death, God Highly Exalted Him as here explained Phil 2:5-11

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Now a couple of items will be pointed out as to the Reward of Christ's Sufferings or Death in Being Highly Exalted Him !

Highly Exalted in the greek is hyperypsoō and it means:

metaph. to exalt to the highest rank and power, raise to supreme majesty

2) to extol most highly

3) to be lifted up with pride, exalted beyond measure

4) to carry one's self loftily

The Lord Jesus Christ has been exalted to the Supreme Majesty, Highest in Rank and Power ! Now what Being can Be acknowledged as having Supreme Majesty but God ? 1 Chron 29:11

Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

So in other words, the Lord Jesus Christ is not one bit less than the Being being acknowledged here !

Also, The Lord Jesus Christ was given a Name above every Name !

Now what Name can possibly be above every Name but God's Name ?

Similar is what Paul wrote here Eph 1:21

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Now, How Can the Name of Christ Jesus be above every Name that is Named if He be not God in the Highest Rank of Authority ?

Ps 8:1

O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

Now, Jehovah Here is acknowledged as the Saints Master ! There is Only one Lord in this regards 1 Cor 8:6

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

And how excellent is His Name ? Jesus Christ Acts 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

There is no other Name in Which Salvation can be found, than Jesus Christ. Isa 45:8

Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

Neh 9:5

Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise

This verse can apply to the Lord Jesus Christ, whose Exaltation has given Him a Name above Every Name which is Named, so He must be Jehovah Lord God ! For only His Name could qualify for such High Praise and Recognition !

And so it is, Every Tongue will Confess Jesus as Lord God Jehovah, because its an Reward for His Obedience unto Death Phil 2:5-11

Every Tongue will confess this Truth. Some because of their Salvation Experience and giving evidence of their conversion out of jewish ignorance, which is Paul's main Point here Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

In other words, if an jew who did now confess Jesus as Lord God, to say the same thing as Scripture says, this gave new evidence that they have been saved [regenerated], because they no longer are ignorant to whom this Jesus is, that He is God ! And at the same time Believe that God raised Him from the Dead because He was also Man ! Only experiencing Salvation can clear up that paradox in a persons mind and heart !

Also, the non elect men of the world, because of Christ's Exaltation and Reward, they also, before being cast into Hell, confess Jesus as Lord to the Glory of God the Father !

This must be because of Christ's Exaltation. That is why it is stated here "under the Earth" Phil 2:10

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

So the reprobated who now deny the Deity Lordship of Christ and those who have died, shall at the Second Coming and Judgment Day, they shall all bow and confess that Jesus is Lord God to the Glory of the Father !

Last edited:

beloved57

It Gives Repentance unto Life !

Godly Repentance must come from a Godly Source, that is the kind of Repentance that worketh Salvation ! 2 Cor 7:10

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

This Type of Repentance is not in the nature of man because we are by nature ungodly ! Rom 5:6

But Godly Repentance is given from a Godly Source which is the Lord Jesus Christ. He gives those He died for Godly Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Note: Christ is not ones Saviour if He does not give them Repentance unto Life ! Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

You see, repentance is the fruit of the New Birth which is the Fruit of Christ's Resurrection which is fruit of His Death !

All for whom Christ died and rose again, are by His Resurrection begotten again ! Peter writes about it here 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The words begotten us again in the greek is
anagennaō and means:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

Notice in addition of it meaning born anew or produce again, it also means to have one's mind changed !

Now this is significant because the word repentance Acts 5:31 is the greek word

metanoia which means:

a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done
And so that is why it is said that Jesus gives Repentance to His Israel or Elect out of both israel and the gentiles.

This is True because, Repentance, Godly Repentance is a product of the New Birth !

Also in Heb the writer has repentance being something suitable for those who are Babes in Christ Heb 5:11-6:1

11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

6 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

You see, Repentance from dead works and faith toward God or Christ as Per Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Those things are milk and milk is for babes 1 Pet 2:1

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

This confirms that the Apostles Preached Repentance in hope that New Born babes, who have been begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the Dead would be converted !

Those of you who believe that repentance is something man does as a condition to get saved, you are deceived and you are a deceiver, for Christ gets the joy of every sinner that Repents Lk 15:7

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Thats Christ Joy in the accomplishment of His Finished work, it brings the Sheep back to God !

Last edited:

beloved57

That they may also be sanctified !

Jn 17:19

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ or His Blood once for all.

All those for whom Christ died for, His offering of Himself in Death, all those must be born again, that is made experientially sanctified, an inward sanctification, so that His Sacrifice of Death for the people will be proven to be of much more effectiveness and giving inward renovation to the things of God. For even the sacrifices of animals provided an outward sanctification or one that was temporal, but did nothing for the inner man Heb 10:1

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Heb 9:13

For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

But because Christ's Sacrifice was so much superior, His Blood so much more excellent it provides a superior sanctification. So the promises of the Covenant He is Mediator of, Because of His Death, God promises to do these things to secure their Sanctification inwardly Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Verse 33 is the promise of the New Birth, giving that inward man sanctification, of which the OC sacrifices could not do for the people they were made in behalf of ! But Christ's Sacrifice produces so much better results !

Last edited:

beloved57

It makes them Perfect !

Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Christ's sacrifice or offering makes them He was offered in behalf of Perfect ! Now under the Old Covenant, the types and shadows, those offerings could not make the people perfect, for they must be offered annually because of this defect, for with them there was a remembering of sin year after year, for they could not take away sin so we read Heb 10:1-4

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

However this is in strike contrast to the once and forever sacrifice or offering of the Lamb of God, that took away all the sins of the people He was Offered in behalf of Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Yes, even a world of people. This People's sins are remembered no more Heb 8:12. The People are made perfect in contrast to not being made perfect in Heb 10:1 !

Last edited:

beloved57

It makes them Perfect ! 2

Now who made the Offering or Offerings in behalf of the People ? Was it the People themselves ? No, it was not, but the Representative of the People, the High Priest. The shadowy and temporal results of that Covenant was provided solely by the Work of the High Priest, and the benefits of it were not a offering to the people to accept or reject with their so called freewill. No but it was the work of the High priest only that was accepted of God to bring about the results, though it needed to be done annually; Whereas by the One Sacrifice of Christ, who is both the High Priest of the People [Covenant People] as well as the offering [Gift] itself, does produce the permanent effects that the virtue of His Blood gives birth to , and it is not up to the people to either accept it or reject it, but it will just bring about the perfecting consequences for each of them, of the Covenant People !

Last edited:

beloved57

Put away sin !

Heb 9:26

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Christ's sacrifice of Himself, or His Blood hath put away the sins of all those He died, His Blood Alone did that ! The words put away are the greek word athetēsis:

abolition, disannulling, put away, rejection

to thwart the efficacy of anything, nullify, make void, frustrate

to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void:

Daniel wrote of this here Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Christ's blood did away with the sins that could condemn anyone Christ died for, yes even before they are born ! All the punishment they did deserve, Christ accepted of the Father on their behalf !

Now some unfaithful teachers tell us, that Christ's blood shed or offering alone, that in and of itself it is worthless, that without the work of the Holy Spirit it is meaningless, as if the Holy Spirit had something to do with putting away our sins by satisfying God's Law and Justice; Folks for anyone or any man to say that Christ's Death is worthless in and of itself, is not speaking the truth !

Those Christ did die for, and had their sins put away/cancelled from the view of God's Law and Justice, they have no reason to be punished ever for any sin, even if they never experienced a work of the Spirit in their lives ! I am not saying that it ever happened, or that God ever did it like that, but the point being, Christ's death alone took care of their sin problem due to condemnation.

We know this is True because even when those Christ died for are born by Nature enemies to God, while in unbelief, scripture says they have already been reconciled to God by the Death of His Son, meaning by His sacrifice of Himself that put away their sins before God's Law and Justice.

Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So by His Death alone, all for whom Christ died are legally reconciled to God, no sins or condemnation exist against them, even before they are experientially saved by the work of the Holy Spirit ! Yes, they are still in a state of forgiveness of sins and Justification before God, based upon the sacrifice of Christ alone, when they are born unbelievers and enemies, for anyone to deny this, is Antichrist and knows not God !

Last edited:

beloved57

Through Jesus Christ Our Lord !

Rom 6:11,23

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 3:14

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Titus 3:6

Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Heb 13:21

Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Through Jesus Christ primarily means because of Him fulfilling all the conditions of the Covenant on our behalf the blessings are received !

Last edited:

beloved57

By His stripes we are healed !

1 Pet 2:24-25

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

See also Isa 53:5 If all for whom Christ died [the meaning of stripes] are not healed, evidenced by returning to God vs 25, then Christ's Death did not effect its God given Purpose ! It did not do its Job. What should Christ's stripes heal us from if He dies for our sins ? It will deliver us from the deadly wound sin and estrangement from God !

That word heal is the greek word iaomai

to cure, heal

2) to make whole

a) to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

or to bring about ones conversion, in order to live unto Righteousness !

Christ stripes heals from death in a similar vein as in Rev 13:12

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Christ's Death for the Elect heals the deadly wound of sin. So Christ's Death for His People is the basis of life from the dead ! If all for whom Christ died are not given Life Spiritual from the dead, His death was of none effect, and His stripes were a failure, and yet to their shame, many today will say that all for whom Christ died will not be healed ! Will not experience Salvation !

Last edited:

Letsargue

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

You didn’t even answer your own question, if that’s what you call it!!!!

The Atonement, or the “Anointing”, or the “Anointed”, is simply saying “CHRIST”; the ((( Baptism of the Holy Ghost ))) ( Period )
To say, - Jesus “Christ”, the “Christ” names Jesus as one who was Baptized by the Holy Ghost in real time and deed!!! -- To put on “Christ” is to put on that which is (( Anointed )), the Holy Ghost!!! ----- How blind do all these so called ~christians~ have to be, before being witnesses as to who they are???

Paul – 071312

beloved57

You didn’t even answer your own question, if that’s what you call it!!!!

The Atonement, or the “Anointing”, or the “Anointed”, is simply saying “CHRIST”; the ((( Baptism of the Holy Ghost ))) ( Period )
To say, - Jesus “Christ”, the “Christ” names Jesus as one who was Baptized by the Holy Ghost in real time and deed!!! -- To put on “Christ” is to put on that which is (( Anointed )), the Holy Ghost!!! ----- How blind do all these so called ~christians~ have to be, before being witnesses as to who they are???

Paul – 071312

We do not serve the same Christ, you know that !

beloved57

Dead to the Law ! How ?

Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

All for whom Christ died, before they know anything it, and while they are enemies in themselves to God, yet are they dead to the Law of God Legally and before God's Law and Justice, why ? Because of the Body of Christ, which simply means His Death or Sacrifice of Himself in their behalf. Now this is a actual and factual Truth for everyone Christ died for. It has nothing to do with the New Birth, or Faith or Repentance, but solely based upon the Death of Christ ! Whosoever says that Christ's Death in and of itself without the attending Work of the Spirit is worthless, is in the dark ! But yet in God's time, all who are dead to the Law by the Body of Christ, they shall because of it, receive a New Birth, in fact that was the reason why they were made dead to the Law by Christ's Death, in order that they may be Married to another, even to Him that died for them, which is taught in Rom 7:4 as well as 2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

By New Birth they become subjectively married to Christ by Faith and aware of their Justified state before God because of the Blood of Christ. Now it does not matter when the Elect person comes to know of it, the Legality of the matter precedes the knowledge of it ! This is because of Christ's death has done its Job of satisfying all of God's Law and Justice, both in Active and Passive obedience. So God's Law has no legal claims on them, they are dead to it by or because of the Body of Christ, that is to say His Death, and the purpose was so that they should bear fruit unto God experientially, which they do as a result of the New Birth beginning with the fruits of Repentance and Faith with Love to the brethren. So Christ's death ensures for all those He died, that they become married to Him experientially because of His Resurrection from the dead, whereby they are begotten again 1 Pet 1:3

Thats the marriage begun here on earth, but a grander celebration draws nigh !

Last edited:

beloved57

Has given the Victory !

1 Cor 15:57

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Everyone that Christ died for, has been given the Victory. Its not that He made victory available or that it's offered to one and all upon conditions, thats false teaching, but they are given it and they are in a continual state of it, and it is over sin, death and the devil, and its given through Jesus Christ Our Lord !

That is where their Faith comes from, Christ giving them the Victory The Antichrist followers do not believe this !

1 Jn 5:4

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

You see, everyone Christ died and rose again, by His Resurrection they are begotten again, born again, and that is what begins the victory !

Last edited:

beloved57

Thou hast received gifts for men !

Ps 68:18

Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

As part of His Salvation Accomplishment for all those He died for, The Lord Jesus Christ at His Ascension, received from the Father, for the Grand accomplishment of His Saving Work and Death, His Redemptive Reward, He received the Spirit of Promise, also received Gifts for men See also Eph 4:8

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

He received Gifts for men and to give to men, but what men ? For all the members of His Body, the Church that He Loved and gave Himself for.

These gifts are spiritual in nature, hence the Holy Spirit is the author of them, and they are also effectual, the effectual working of His Power in them Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Cp with Eph 4:7

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Now He received these Gifts, in the Person of the Holy Spirit, to give to His Members, His Church that He died for as their Covenant Head and Shepherd; In Fact, Christ Himself is the Gift of God, for all those the Father gave Him Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

They were given before the World began, in order that in due time they are to believe in Him. So it is written that to some, that it has been given [Them] not only to believe on Him but also to suffer Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Cp Eph 4:7

And to those it is commanded to believe on the name of the Son of God 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

To Believe on the Name of the Son of God, because He was given to them for that Purpose Jn 3:16 because He redeemed them from death, by His Death in their behalf !

Last edited:

beloved57

Was raised again for our justification.

Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

He was raised again for our Justification, meaning this, The Resurrection of Christ did rightly signify, that as our Surety and Head, when He died with our sins charged to Him, that He was actually Justified from all those sins of the Elect of God charged upon Him, and as the Head is declared Justified by His Resurrection from the dead, so is His Body, the Church. He rose from the dead not as a private person, but as the Shepherd of His Flock Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Now if we preach not this Resurrection, we do Preach another Christ, for to say that none of the members of the Head Christ are not Justified before they believe, is like saying the Head of those members is not Justified before God until all His members believe, which is absurd and a attempt to overthrow the blessed significance of Christ's Resurrection, which also subverts His accomplishment by His Death !

Last edited:

beloved57

More on Rom 4:25

Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

When the Lord Jesus Christ was delivered up for the offences of all those given to Him in Election, and bore their sins in His Body on the Tree, He did meet all the Judicial demands of the law [ on their behalf ] and having satisfied, made propitiation to the Righteous Wrath of God, He was Raised from the Dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

They, the Sheep were raised up together with Him to Justification of Life Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

And so He was raised again because of their Justification, and to deny this is to deny the Gospel !

Last edited: