The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

All for whom Christ died, He gave Himself a ransom 1 Tim 2:6

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Matt 20:28

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

This ransom price being paid [To God] demands the release of the captives for which it was made in behalf of, in fact, it effects the release of all the captives it paid a ransom price for. Now if that does not occur, and anyone of those for whom Christ died as a ransom in behalf of, and any of them remain captive to the devil as per 2 Tim 2:26

And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

If this be the case, then Christ's Ransom Blood was not effective, and failed to produce the purposed results. Isa 61:1

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Also see Lk 4:18

Christ's Ransom Payment must deliver from captivity and death, or it was fruitless, without results or success !

beloved57

Redeemed from the curse of the Law !

All for whom Christ died, whether they know of it or not, by His Death alone, they've been delivered from the curse of the Law, for He was made a curse for them Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

" redeemed from" the curse of the Law. The word from ek and means:

out of, from, by, away from

There is no way anyone for whom Christ died can be cursed by the Law, which gives strength to sin, no sin can be charged against them.

Now if Christ's Death alone hath done this, then how can any sin condemn anyone Christ died for. 1 Cor 15:56

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Sin can only bring condemnation through or by means of God's violated Law Rom 4:15

15Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

So there cannot be any Law to violate, to cause trespass or transgression to bring about God's Wrath, to those Christ, by His Death hath redeemed from the curse of the Law, in which the law worketh wrath; but there is no broken and violated Law to cause God's wrath to those Christ died for.

So those experiencing God's Wrath in Jn 3:36 and Rom 1:18, most certainly cannot be anyone Christ died for, because by His Death alone, He redeemed them from the curse of the Law, a man's believing does not accomplish that, if it did, then it does something that Christ death did not do, which is Blasphemy !

This being redeemed from the curse of the law, is a once and for all completed act by Christ's Blood, and is not contingent upon any other future conditions !

Last edited:

beloved57

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do!

Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

What was the Work ? it was Twofold, to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Both to seek and to save are infinitive verbs, actions Christ must do, works He must do !

Folks it is a Lie to teach that Christ came to make saving possible or to make seeking possible. For if He did not seek that which was Lost, He failed His work and it was incomplete, and if He did not save that which was Lost, He failed His Work and it was not finished but incomplete !

The Father sent Him for that specific purpose Jn 10:36

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

1 Tim 1:15

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

This is the same aorist infinitive to save as in Lk 19:10

The question you and I must answer honestly today is if Christ really finished the work the Father gave Him to do , that is, did He seek and save all of the Lost that the Father desired to be sought and to be saved 1 Tim 2:4; Jn 6:37-40. Was Jesus Christ 100 % successful in seeking and in saving, all for whom the Father had a pleasure to be sought and to be saved ?

Last edited:

beloved57

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do! cont

Was Jesus 100 % successful in seeking and saving all for whom the Father had a Pleasure to be saved. Folks, if Christ did not seek and save all that the Father wanted to be sought and to be saved, then Christ failed and He lied when He said " I have finished the WORK which thou gavest me to do" There is no other way to put it. The Antichrist followers tell us that Christ only made salvation Possible or Available, but if that was true, then Lk 19:10 would be false !

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Last edited:

beloved57

About Christ's Suretyship !

Heb 7:22

By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Gen 44:32

For thy servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto thee, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever.

Those who are born into this world as sinners by nature, whom Christ was made a Surety for, they have no indebtedness to God's Law, they are born as sinners, as enemies by nature and children of wrath, with all their sins forgiven because they had been charged to Christ !

Last edited:

beloved57

Christ's Death God-ward accomplished much for those He died for before they ever believe in Him. For example, That which the elect are by nature as other men, children of wrath Eph 2:3, Enemies Rom 5:10, enemies in their minds by wicked works Col 1:21, yet because of Christ's finished work for them, they are not the objects of God's Wrath, not ever, but only objects of His Mercy. You see, with them, their sinfulness by nature only constitutes them what God afore ordained, Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

All the Legal condemnation that they deserve along with others, the vessels of wrath, theirs has been effectively dealt with by the Cross of Jesus Christ, for He died for all their sins in the flesh. Even after the New Birth, that Old Man that they remain in, and what carries the New Man, it still is very sinful, because it was born out of corruptible seed, the fallen Adam. Their sin nature of adam is not eradicated, but is still alive and well in the Saint of God, for that is Paul's argument in Rom 7 and Johns point in 1 Jn 1:8. However that Old Man with all of its deceitful lusts is still the object of God's mercy, David said as a New Creature Ps 130:3

If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

But that Old Man born out of Adam shall experience an Adoption, a Salvation in the Day of Redemption, Paul calls it The Redemption of the Body, this Body of Death Rom 7:24 cp Rom 8:23, so this Body and its deeds can never be under God's Legal Condemnation and Wrath, His Fatherly Chastening, Yes, but never wrath and condemnation.

The Sinful Bodies of the Saints, that did incur condemnation in Adam Rom 5:18, but it [The merited condemnation] was imputed to Christ's Charge, their Surety and Head, and He came Legally and imputatively under God's Wrath and Condemnation for them, in their stead, so not at anytime are they condemned by God's Law, but to the contrary are made objects of mercy, Mercy and Condemnation does not mix !

So the Elect are Blessed and privileged above others who are born sinners, for they had no Surety !

beloved57

It Brings Forth Fruit, New Birth !

Jn 12:24

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

1 Pet 1:23,3

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

It was a manifest established principle from the beginning, that God ordained that a seed reproduces its Kind:

Gen 1:11,12

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Jesus is that corn of wheat that shall fall into the ground and die, and hence bring forth fruit of its kind ! In other words Jesus Christ is a Seed Gal 3:16; Gen 3:16 and God ordained this method for Him to bring forth fruit after His Kind, to die !

This is how the Second Adam was to be fruitful and Multiply after His Kind !

Its like one solitary seed of a Tree, its put into the ground, it undergoes death, a decomposition [ not in a putrefying sense, but in a breakdown of component sense] and then germination, and so it begins to Grow into a Tree of many roots, twigs and branches, and leaves and fruit after its Kind ! Where did it all come from ? That One Seed that fell into the ground and Died ! Through that Death of that Seed comes Life to its seed 1 Pet 1:3, 23.

Folks the Death of Christ results in Life, not a possibility of Life, not a Offer of Life, but it begets us into a Lively Hope. That word Lively is the greek word zaō and means:

to live, breathe, be among the living (not lifeless, not dead)

2) to enjoy real life

a) to have true life and worthy of the name

b) active, blessed, endless in the kingdom of God

3) to live i.e. pass life, in the manner of the living and acting

This is an Accomplishment of the Death of Christ Jn 12:24

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Fruit here would be Living converts ! His Death Produces Converts, Fruit, People after His Kind, Christians !

To deny this is to deny everything about the Cross of Christ and its Power. If anyone Christ died for does not become a Christian in the True sense of the Word, His Death failed its purpose !

Last edited:

beloved57

More on Rom 4:25

Rom 4:25

25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Jesus Christ's Death on the Cross has completely satisfied all of God's Righteous requirements on behalf of those He died for, in that they are Justified, made right with God through Jesus Christ, His Death Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Now His Resurrection proves that God's Law and Justice has been satisfied by Christ's Death and that All concerned are hereby Justified or absolved [remission of sins]because of what Christ has done for them Rom 8:33-34

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Everyone that Christ has died for, no matter what, no matter that they are born by nature children of wrath as others Eph 2:3, their Justification and remission of sin before God through Jesus Christ Death is a completed fact forever Heb 9:12. The word redemption in this verse means deliverance from the penalty of sin, which equals Justification ! This fact just is not known to the redeemed, until it is revealed by the Spirit through the Gospel, for the Just shall live by Faith. In other words this Free Gift of Justification that they have through the Merits of Christ Alone, shall be made known to them by the Spirit in due time 1 Tim 2:6, for since they are made Just or righteous by Christ's obedience alone [Rom 5:19] they shall and must live by Faith, So in God's Time they are given a new Birth by the Spirit, and given as a Fruit of the Spirit, Faith to receive the Gospel Revelation of their Justification, and Praise God for His Grace ! The Justification they have that was evidenced by Christ's Resurrection shall be made known to them !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 17:1-3

1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

If Christ has not given Eternal Life to each person given to Him by the Father, then He has failed to Glorify the Father, yet many who claim to be sent ministers of Christ, teach that many Christ died for, many of those given to Him by the Father, will receive Eternal Damnation and the Second Death !

beloved57

Freed from sin !

Rom 6:7

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

2 Cor 5:14

14For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

All for whom Christ died for, His Body the Church, actually in the eyes of God's Law and Justice, died with Him, and so be dead, they are dead to sin and dead to the law !

Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Paul is saying, all for whom Christ died are dead to the Law because of His Body, that is because of this 1 Pet 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

You see how both Paul and Peter teach the same thing ?

Now when I say that the Elect or the Body of Christ is freed from their sins, what is meant, not that they are not born sinners, in fact, some of the worst sort of sinners they may be, but they are born free from the condemnation of sin, they are born sinners acquitted of all their transgressions. The word freed in Rom 6:7 is the greek word dikaioō:

and means:

to render righteous or such he ought to be

2) to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

3) to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

They are born as sinners already Justified or declared Righteous before the sight of God. They have no sins charged against them, Because, Christ has paid their redemption price already, even though it has yet been experimentally applied to them by their New Birth !

So Christ's Sheep cannot be born as others condemned already ! Those to it is said this of Jn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Their condemnation is not because of their unbelief or their refusal to believe on the Son, but for their sins against God's Law are they condemned already, and their refusal believe is an evidence of they being under condemnation !

But those Christ died for, they cannot be condemned by God's law as unbelievers, because Christ has satisfied all of God's Law and Justice on their behalf, so they are born freed from sin ! and dead to the law by the body of Christ !

Last edited:

beloved57

We are sanctified by the Death of Christ !

Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

We know that Christ could not have died or has offered Himself for everyone with exception, simply because one the accomplishments of His Death or Offering [same thing] is that it [ The Death] sanctified forever those He died for !

That word sanctified means , they were set apart for a Holy Purpose of God, permanently !

The word sanctified in the greek is in the perfect tense which means :

Perfect

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

Jesus' last cry from the cross, TETELESTAI ("It is finished!") is a good example of the perfect tense used in this sense, namely "It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely, once and for all time."

Those Christ died for have been sanctified once and for all time !

When an Elect sinner is born into this world, since Christ died for them over 2000 yrs ago, they are born as sinners, dead in trespasses and sins, children of wrath By Nature as others, enemies in their minds against God, however that said, they are perfectly set apart by God for a Holy Purpose to perform for God. Like Jeremiah Jer 1:5

5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

But guess what ? Jeremiah was still born a sinner, by nature a child of wrath as others [Eph 2:3], an enemies to God in his mind by wicked works [Col 1:21]

So every elect sinner born into this world that Christ died for and consequently sanctified them for the Holy Purpose of God, must be born again to fulfill that purpose. It is inevitable, they must and all be born again by the Spirit, a Sanctifying Work of His 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Oh Yes, Like believers of the Truth today, so did Jeremiah need the same work of the Spirit to bring Him to Faith in the Truth ! So He could Preach the Gospel of Imputed Righteousness Jer 23:6

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

He had the same righteousness revealed to him by the Gospel as believers do today Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now if everyone Christ died for does not come to experience the Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit as described in 2 Thess 2:13, Christ's death has failed its purpose of God. The Death of Christ alone has ensured and made certain the setting apart experimentally of each member, or person of His Body He died for, for each one has a Holy Purpose for God to perform 1 Cor 12 ; Eph 2:10

Now, If Christ died for these Matt 25:41 then they also had to be sanctified forever for God's Holy Purpose, which is absurd !

Last edited:

beloved57

Heb 9:12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

When Christ with His Blood went into the Holy Place,it was to present His Blood before the God and Judge of His People, and because of the Resurrection we know that His Blood was accepted, His Work was accepted in behalf of all whom He died for, this meant also that all the persons had been accepted of God. So even as by nature enemies, by His Offering all for whom He died were reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That word reconciled means :

return to favour with, be reconciled to one

c) to receive one into favour

They were received into God's Favor. The very receiving Christ into Glory is proof positive that His Atonement for the Elect had been accepted, and as Christ the Head had been accepted, His acceptance was the also the acceptance of His Members of His Body He represented, for they are one in God's Sight. So when one for whom Christ died is born into this world a filthy sinner, they nevertheless have been accepted by God into His Favour, to the Praise of the Glory of His Grace Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

beloved57

Having obtained Eternal Redemption for us !

Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Who are the Us ? Why it is the Heirs of God, Joint Heirs with Jesus Christ as Per Heb 1:14

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Heb 6:17

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Heb 11:9

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Heb 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Rom 9:8

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

This was not a temporal Redemption, but Eternal, it's effects are outside of time. It's infinite value was Eternal and Immutable in God's sight. It being Eternal, its forgiveness is from everlasting to everlasting Ps 103:12,17

12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

17But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

It comprehends from when Christ offered Himself on the Cross, and made Atonement for all the sins of all of the Election of grace, who had lived from Adam, to include all of the Election of Grace then present, and yet all that should live upon the Earth until the end of time. This redemption is without date, and of everlasting duration, and existed in the Eternal Mind of God, since the existence of God ! If we can tell when God began to exist, or when He can cease to exist, then we can know the beginning and ending of the Eternal Redemption Christ obtained for all those He died for. For it was Eternal in the engagements that were entered into [ Christ's Suretyship of the Everlasting Covenant with the Father and the Spirit], in the accomplishments of what it has done, and the Eternal Glory that shall be revealed ! 1 Pet 5:10

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Last edited:

beloved57

Redemption must effect Translation !

Col 1:13-114

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

In this passage, Paul gives us the effect before the cause. The cause of the translation [transfer, remove from one place to another] from one Kingdom to another, is the Redemption and forgiveness of sins we have through His Blood Cp Eph 1:7

The word redemption of Col 1:14 is the greek word apolytrōsis and means [a releasing effected by payment of ransom]

Now this is important, for to release means:

to make over (land, property, etc.), as to another.

to free from confinement, bondage, obligation, pain, etc.; let go: to release a prisoner; to release someone from a debt.

And the word effected means:

something that is produced by an agency or cause; result;

to produce a result

So, the Redemption that is solely through Christ's Blood, it effects, or produces unto them Christ died and redeemed, it effects their release from satan to God, from darkness to light, from the kingdom of darkness unto the kingdom of God's Dear Son ! Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

This is the result and effect, a translation, of the Redemption of Christ's Blood. If anyone Christ died for does not be caused to Turn from Darkness to Light, from the Power of Satan unto God, then Christ's redemptive Blood failed its objective !

Last edited:

ttruscott

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

I know we do not/will not agree on everything but I say "AMEN, Brother!" to this and ask God to bless your soul.

Peace, Ted

beloved57

Christ's Blood Sanctifies !

I have posted this before, but it is impossible for Christ to have died for everyone without exception simply because, by His Blood or Death, or Offering, He has once and for all Sanctified all for whom He died ! Meaning by His Blood, they have been permanently set apart for the service of God ! Heb 10:10

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The word sanctified here is the greek word Hagiazo and means:

to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
consecrate things to God

dedicate people to God
to purify
to cleanse externally
to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
to purify internally by renewing of the soul

Folks Christ's Blood alone dedicates permanently those He died for to God, His service.

Thats why the writer in Heb wrote Heb 9:14

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

You see what the Blood of Christ did here ? It purges the conscience from dead works, to serve the Living God. Thats a must accomplishment for the Blood of Christ for everyone Christ died for or it has failed.

Also the word sanctified in Heb 10:10 its in the perfect tense which means:

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

Jesus' last cry from the cross, TETELESTAI ("It is finished!") is a good example of the perfect tense used in this sense, namely "It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely, once and for all time."

No one Christ sanctified by His Death or Blood cannot become unsanctified, the only way that could be done is if Christ's Blood is no longer a factor before the Throne and Mercy Seat of God !

If you preach a Christ today who did not accomplish and sanctify everyone He died for permanently for the service of God, like here Rev 7:14-15

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Then you preach another christ/gospel, and Paul said of such this Gal 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Last edited:

beloved57

Christ's Sanctification leads to the Spirit's Sanctification !

Its been seen from scripture that Christ's Sanctifies everyone He died for permanently, once and for all, that being the case, God the Holy Spirit must effect the partaking of that to each one Christ died for and Sanctified as well as did redeem, So He Sanctifies them also by Belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

This is the Father's answer to Christ when He prayed this Jn 17:17-20

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

So He, the Holy Spirit makes us meet for the reception of God's Truth, that we may be of those who receive the word of the Kingdom upon good ground and bear fruit Matt 13:23

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Many people shall hear the word publicly but will not understand it, because if they are not spiritual, they cannot understand the things of God, its foolishness to them. Now for it to be judged foolishness by them, they must did publicly hear it to make that assessment of it !

That word understandeth in Matt 13:23 is a type of Understanding men do not have by nature, for it is the same word Paul uses of those dead in sin Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

None means no not one, so if one does understand the word in Matt 13:23, that one had been made meet by the Sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, which person had been sanctified before by the Death or Blood of Christ ! Heb 10:10

Last edited:

beloved57

The Good News !

The Good News is this, Thats Christ has saved that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

When He said this Jn 19:30

30When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

He had did that which the Father gave Him to do Jn 17:4-5

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

And that was to seek and to save His Body the Church, for He is the Saviour of the Body, His Body Per Eph 5:23 !

That same body is also Israel, the only Israel that matters , His Seed. For Christ is the True Israel servant of God Isa 49:3 ; Ex 4:22

He is the True Israel that Glorifies God Isa 49:3

3And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. Now cp with Jn 17:4

This is Israel of Isa 49:3 bringing to pass what was then foretold He would do !

Now if He be the True Israel, and His Body the Church is One with Him, then they also be Israel, and brings to pass the salvation of His Body Israel, for it is written Isa 45:17

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

And it is Finished, he saved that which was Lost !

Last edited:

beloved57

I have overcome the World, Be of good cheer !

Jn 16:33

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Now why should one be of good cheer for Christ's overcoming the world ; if they have no share in it ? Ah but the fact of the matter is this, that all for whom Christ died and rose again, partake in this overcoming, because He did it primarily as Their Head and Representative, so if it's His overcoming. it's His Body's also ! Everyone Christ died for will be given overcoming Faith, that also overcomes the world 1 Jn 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Where does our faith come from here ? Why it is born of God !

You see Christ by the Gift of His Spirit is the Author and Finisher of Our Faith ! Our being everyone He died for ! This Faith that flows to us from Him by the communication of the Holy Spirit, hath overcome the World, and each person He died for will receive a New Birth of the Spirit because of His Resurrection from the Dead 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Now vain religionists who are proud, believe that the Faith that gives the victory over the world and overcomes it, is from their own freewill ability, and not born of God's Spirit, for they are boasters and proud, and take the crown from Christ, and arrogantly crown their own selves and freewill for such a great achievement !

But the overcoming Faith, that overcomes the world, Has Christ as it's Author and Finisher, and flows From Him the Head, to all His Members that He represented ! So they become overcomer's and victorious because He did in their behalf !

Last edited: