The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

Heb 10:10,14

We know that Christ could not have offered Himself for every man without exception simply because, by His offering, meaning His Death, He hath #1 Sanctified them [those He offered Himself for] once and For All. Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Now the writer of Hebrews says this about the accomplishment of Christ's death for those He died for, that it Sanctified them. The word sanctified here is the greek word hagiazō and it means:

1) to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

a) consecrate things to God

b) dedicate people to God

3) to purify

a) to cleanse externally

b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul

Christ's sacrifice, contrary to the sacrifice of the OT Offerings, which purified outwardly as Per Heb 9:12

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Neither did the OT sacrifices take away the guilt of sin Heb 10:1-4

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

So, the Death or Offering of Christ far excelled the OT oblations for God's Chosen People, in that is #1 Took away the guilt of their sins, once and for all, and that it provides internal purification !

Now also the word sanctified here in Heb 10:10 is in the perfect tense in the greek ! The Perfect tense means:

an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated

Now, this Truth should be believed by any who say they are Believers in God's Truth.

If this Truth is believed, then the other scriptures that appear to teach that Christ died for everyone in the world without exception, cannot be teaching that, unless all without exception have in fact been sanctified once and for all by the blood of Christ, and have had their sins guilt put away for good and have or will indeed experience an internal purification. If they do not, then the writer of hebrews has lied, and is proven to be a false witness. Also this Truth establishes the Eternal Security of all those Christ died for !

Last edited:

beloved57

We know that Christ could not have offered Himself for every man without exception simply because, by His offering, meaning His Death, He hath #1 Sanctified them [those He offered Himself for] once and For All. Heb 10:10

And #2 He hath perfected them forever by His Offering Heb 10:14

14For by one offering[His Death or Blood] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Now, If Christ's death hath perfected forever them that are being sanctified by His death VS10, then, that means everyone without exception hath been perfected before God by the Death of Christ. That word Perfected is the greek word teleioō and means:

to make perfect, complete

a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end

2) to complete (perfect)

a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full

b) to be found perfect

3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed

4) to accomplish

a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event

1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

GWT With one sacrifice he accomplished the work of setting them apart for God forever.

WNT For by a single offering He has for ever completed the blessing for those whom He is setting free from sin.

WNB For by one offering he has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

What is important to understand, is that this perfecting has been solely accomplished by Christ's ONE OFFERING !

This is why Paul says this Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience[Offering] of one shall many be made righteous.

You see that ? Christ,s one act of obedience or His Offering shall make many righteous, which is connected with that being made perfect by His Offering in Heb 10:14 !

Now the word Perfect in Heb 10:14 is also a Perfect tense passive verb. Again the Perfect tense means:

"an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated "

Now unless every single individual in the world without exception has been Perfected forever by the Offering of Christ, meaning His Death, then He could not have offered Himself in behalf of every single individual in the world without exception, lest The writer of Hebrews has been a false witness. Either the writer of Hebrews is a False witness or those preaching Christ died for all without exception, which all without exception are being saved, are false witnesses !

beloved57

Propitiation 1 Jn 4:10

1 Jn 4:10

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation[an appeasing] for our sins.

The word propitiation here as well as 1 Jn 2:2 is the greek word hilasmos and means:

an appeasing, propitiating

Our word appeases defined:

to bring to a state of peace, quiet, ease, calm, or contentment; pacify; soothe: to appease an angry king.

Christ death has accomplished Propitiation or Peace for all whom Christ died in the behalf of.

Col 1:20

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Or this scripture could very well read without doing no violence at all " and having made propitiation through through the blood of His Cross.

Peace, conciliation, pacific, are the results of Christ blood being shed !

Folks this is an accomplishment of the Death of Christ for all He died for. Now many false teachers appeal to 1 Jn 2:2 as a proof text that Christ died for everyone in the world without exception, even though that is no where stated in the text. John, a believer, a jew, a minister to the circumcision Gal 2:9

9And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

John therefore a jew and sent to the jews did write to believers who were of the circumcision, meaning ethnic jews, and he stated that Christ had been their or our propitiation our peace for our sins [believing jews] but not for ours only, meaning not for jewish believers only, but He is also the propitiation of believers in the whole world or it could be better understood, of believers amongst all Nations of the Earth, in fulfillment of Gen 12:3

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

You see, all the Families of the Earth means the whole wide world !

And that is what John means by, and not of ours only, but of the whole world.

Anyone whose sins have been propitiated, God is at peace with them through Jesus Christ, they can never perish for their sins, lest somehow Christ's blood becomes a non factor with God.. The believer does not present the Blood of Christ unto the Father, but Christ does ! And Christ forever intercedes in behalf of those He died for because of His Blood ! Rom 8:

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Heb 7:25

25Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Heb 7:3

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Heb 5:6

As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Now, to whom and for whom is Christ a priest forever ? It's To God the Father, and its for all those He died for Rom 8:33-34

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Everyone Christ died for, He makes Intercession for, and His Blood has satisfied, propitiated the Father forever for them.

Last edited:

beloved57

It delivered us from wrath !

1 Thess 1:10

10And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Who is Paul speaking of here ? Lets look at vs 4-5

4Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake

He is writing to the Election of Grace. Those that Christ died for and rose again, and by that, He delivered God's Elect from the Wrath to come !

The wrath here is that vindicative punishment that the wicked, unbelievers will receive as Per Matt 25:46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

We know Christ could not have died for those whom He will yet say these words unto, for He calls them cursed !

Now all for whom Christ did die have been redeemed from the curse of the Law, Christ being made a curse in their room and stead Gal 3:13

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The word for is the prep huper and means:

in behalf of, for the sake of

over, beyond, more than

more, beyond, over

So , for all those He died, God made Him a curse in behalf of them ! And this released them from the curse of the Law. Now the strength of sin being the law, no sin can they ever be condemned for ! He being made a curse for them, was their deliverance, their salvation from the wrath to come 1 Thess 5:9

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Rom 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Last edited:

beloved57

It accomplished believers in Himself !

The Death of Christ, it accomplished for all those He died for, for them to become believers in Him, yes that was one of God's Purposes behind it. Jn 3:14-17

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

False teachers have made believing on Christ in these scriptures something man must do or perform as a condition to gain eternal life which is a lie, but believing on Christ is the purposed result and effect of the Death of Christ for all He died for and are believing [present tense] His death delivers them He died for from unbelief. The Holy Spirit applies the merits of Christ death [give life]upon all He died for, convincing them of sin [an effect of new birth] because by nature, they believe not on Him Jn 16:8-9

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Last edited:

beloved57

Gal 6:14 Crucified to the world !

Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Paul makes a Christ Glorifying statement here about the Cross of Christ, One of it's many accomplishments and effects to them He died for. He states "by whom " meaning Christ, His Work, the world is crucified unto me, and I have been crucified unto the world. Notice that this was not by His Freewill, or His act of believing and so forth, but by a Person, Christ and His Cross accomplishment and effect for him

Paul boasted about the powerful effects of Christ crucified, something that is non existent in our day of Apostasy !

Paul is saying that the entire world system in all its Glory, but in opposition to God, is dead or destroyed in it's power to attract him; it has no influence or power over Paul, no appeal to him .And I to the world. Paul is similarly dead to the desires and attractions of the world, for he serves Christ as his new Master ESV Note on Gal 6:14

This is largely due to the God Given Faith each person that Christ died for will receive by from the Holy Spirit at New Birth and this is overcoming Faith of the world 1 Jn 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

This Faith is an effect of the Cross to all whom Christ died and imparts His Victory to !

Last edited:

beloved57

More on Gal 6:14 What do you Glory in ?

Gal 6:14

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The word Glory here is the greek word kauchaomai:

to glory (whether with reason or without)

2) to glory on account of a thing

3) to glory in a thing

It also is translated boast 2 Cor 7:14 or rejoice Phil 3:3

What do you and i boast in today ? How many of us truly boast or Glory in the Cross of Jesus Christ, His Person and Work and it's saving effects which are everlasting !

What I have observed of many of us is that we Glory not in The Person and Work of Christ and His Saving accomplishments for those He died, but in the flesh. Some of us by the teaching of the freewill of man, others by our ethnicity, particularly ethnic jews. Yes ethnicity is of the flesh, and Paul stated this about having confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3-6

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

Notice what Paul calls confidence and trust in the flesh in vs 5

#1 Circumcised the eighth day [flesh]

#2 Being of the Tribe of Benjamin [flesh]

#3 Of the people of Israel [flesh see Rom 9:8]

#4 being a hebrew of Hebrews [flesh]

#5 being a pharisee [flesh]

Remember what Jesus told a well established pharisee of highest rank Jn 3:6

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

#6 Religious zeal in vs 6 all religious zeal apart from a Spiritual Revelation of the Gospel is of the flesh !

#7 Good reputation for religion before men, being blameless before men in the sight of men without Gospel revelation is [the flesh]

Paul thought being circumcised as a full blooded jew, of the tribe of Benjamin, was a gain to him, the word gain is the greek word kerdos
and means advantage.

He thought being an ethnic jew gave him advantage before God over other people who were not jewish. He thought it gave him advantage in having a relationship with God and salvation !

Many today think by being a ethnic jew that its an advantage, that it ensures special favor with God, even Salvation favor, this is confidence in the flesh, boasting in the flesh, no way around it !

That word confidence as confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3 also means trust, trusting in the flesh.

Like the Pharisee Lk 18:9, this Pharisee would have trusted in the same things Paul did in Phil 3:5-6 and thats nothing more than trusting in ourselves, idolatry !

What is our Glory today ?

Last edited:

beloved57

Christ Promised success !

Christ Promised success !

John 12:31-33

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Also Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Christ by His Death, His Work, ensures the Faith and Repentance [conversion] of all He died for, else He lied when He promised:

"And I, if I be lifted up[His Cross] from the earth, will draw all men unto me".

This said signifying what death [and effects] He should die, meaning He witnessed to the saving and converting effects it should have, which was foretold in Isa 53:10-11

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Meaning He shall see the success and good issue of His Finished Work and see it convert sinners to God ! David wrote once Ps 51:13

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Those He shall draw unto Himself because of His Death or having been lifted up from the Earth, are His Offspring Isa 53:10, and He shall see them return to God, and be satisfied. Peter preached this saving effect of Christ Death here 1 Pet 2:24-25

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

So Isa 53:10-11; Jn 12:31-33, and 1 Pet 2:24-25, all proclaim the same blessed Saving Truth of the Effects of Christ's Finished Saving Work of the Cross, anything different is a false gospel !

beloved57

Free from sin !

Free from sin !

Rom 6:18,22

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

All for whom Christ died are made free from sin, that is just one of the many accomplishments of His Cross, and not the will of man !

Now, Paul is not saying that all whom Christ died are made free from sinning, that's impossible while we remain in these bodies of sin Rom 7:17-20 is the experience of every true Child of God:

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Then how are those Christ died for free from sin ?

They are made free from the guilt of sin [consciously] by the blood of Christ. You see under the Old Covenant System,those sacrifices were not geared to remove the guilt of sin consciously, for it [guilt] would return and so offerings were made annually, but not so with Faith in Christ's blood, the guilt is purged Heb 9:9

9Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Heb 10:1-2

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Heb 9:14

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Those Christ died for will come to the realization by a work of the Holy Spirit, that their guilt for sin has been effectually dealt with by the blood of Christ !

Ps 103:10-12

10He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

God given Faith rests in this fact !

Last edited:

beloved57

Loosed from our sins !

Rev 1:5

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

All for whom Christ died washed them from their sins ! The word washed here is the greek word louō:

to bathe, wash

a) of a dead person

b) washing to cleanse blood out of wounds

Some older manuscripts translate the word to loose from our sins. That Ideal is seen with Paul here Rom 6:22

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

To be set free from sin is not to be made sinlessly perfect, but it means to be set free from unbelief !

This washing, and loosing and being made free from our sins, that is it's dominion is by New Birth. By Christ blood, or because of His Blood shed, His Spirit gives us Life, and this New Life cannot come under the dominion of sin, it cannot become a unbeliever, it is a servant of Him that Created it !

So Christ Blood sets us free from guilt of sin and dominion of sin by providing a New Nature or New Man ! Col 3:10

And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Last edited:

beloved57

New Birth !

Rev 1:5-6

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

The statement has been made that the way Christ looses His People from their sins is by giving them a New Birth, a New Nature Born of God. All for whom Christ shall be birthed into the Kingdom of God by the New Birth, and that is what Jesus meant in Jn 3:3-5

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In vs 3 above born again, this occurs to everyone Christ died and rose again for, for 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The Lexham version reads:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The ESB :

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

GWT:

Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! God has given us a new birth because of his great mercy. We have been born into a new life that has a confidence which is alive because Jesus Christ has come back to life.

This is being born into His Kingdom, Col 1:13

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

This is describing the work of the New Birth, then we are delivered from the power of darkness and enter into His Kingdom, as referred to in Jn 3:3-5

Last edited:

beloved57

All the Elect, those Christ died for are free from sin and it's power to condemn them Rom 8:33-34

The Elect before the bar of God's Justice are Justified, because it is Christ that died. That is Christ died as being condemned in their place and stead. In fact the legal condemnation that they did incur in Adam Rom 5:16-18

16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Their condemnation, a real condemnation was not imputed to them, was not laid to their charge 2 Cor 5:19, but was actually laid to the Charge of Christ their Head and Representative ! Yes, in and of themselves they are condemned and guilty and sinful, but legally God had made a Covenant with their Surety before the foundation to charge Him with their awful crimes ! Christ could say of the sins of the elect imputed to Him Ps 69:5

5O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.

So because of Christ, sin cannot condemn any for whom Christ did die for, His Elect, so they are dead to sin that way as well !

It can never be imputed to them, because it was once and for all imputed to Christ, and He bear them away Jn 1:29 Dan 9:24

Last edited:

beloved57

The Righteousness of the Law !

Romans 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The Righteousness of the Law, meaning the Righteousness that God's Holy Law requires, is fulfilled in everyone that believes or for whom Christ died by Divine Imputation, which is a Saving Act of God, as the sins of the Elect were imputed [laid to charge] unto Christ, His obedience is laid to their charge, their condemnation and death was charged upon Him Rom 5:18 and in turn Justification unto Life and the Gift of Righteousness Rom 5:17-18 comes upon all for whom Christ died, for it is written by the obedience of One many shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19, and that He was made sin [an sin offering] that those He died for should be made the Righteousness of God in Him 2 Cor 5:21

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Please note Rom 8:4 states that the Righteousness of the Law [moral] is fulfilled in us , not by us ! Who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit, which means , those who walk by Faith, having been born of the Spirit !

Last edited:

beloved57

Saves us from a Lost condition !

All for whom Christ died, he saves them experimentally from a lost condition. This was stated to be His objective Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

This promise of saving is limited to His People however, the seed of Abraham, the Church.

Now even His people are born into this world experientially lost and alienated from the life of God.

Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

This applies even to God's Elect, along with the non elect, those who do not belong to God, but their father the devil !

Notice that one of the symptoms of a spiritually lost condition is " Blindness of heart"

While in this condition, no one can believe the True Gospel because they are under the power of the evil one, the devil, which means they are in a lost condition spiritually. 2 Cor 4:3-4

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Its pretty cut and dry here, those in a lost condition have the gospel hid from them, because their minds are blinded by the god of this world, satan, or the prince of this world as per Jn 12:31,14:30;16:11

So, those Christ died for, though by nature as other's that are lost, they will not remain so, satans grip on them has been defeated by Christ's work on their behalf 1 Jn 3:8

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

This word destroy means :

to loose, dissolve, sever, break, demolish,"

Now, Christ's purpose through His death, in saving His Church from their sins, was to loose, dissove, demolish satan's power over them !

One of such works is blindness of mind and heart, which causes unbelief in the Gospel 2 Cor 4:3-4

But since Christ's work on their behalf has defeated satan, Christ opens up their blind eyes Isa 42:7

7To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

This is a work of God, to open the eyes of the blind, to turn them from the power of darkness Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

This verse describes how God , through Christ, saves His people from a lost idolatrous condition, and gives them Faith in Christ as their Saviour.

Each and every person Christ died for, will experience a deliverance, a salvation from the power of darkness, the works of the devil, of which one of those works of his is keep one in unbelief 2 Cor 4:3-4

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not

So if one comes to believe the Gospel, it makes evident they had been saved from a lost condition prior to believing !

Last edited:

beloved57

A Few things Jesus did for His People !

Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

John writing to the Church listed a few things here that Christ did for His Church, His Bride !

First it is written that He Loved them ! Paul writes of the same Church Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

John writes following that He Loved the Church, that He washed them with His own Blood !

And of course Paul says the same thing in Eph 5:26 following that He Loved the Church, that He may, sanctify it, and cleanse it !

That John and Paul are teaching the same thing is seen by the word wash they both use.

Now John uses the word louō which means:

to bathe, wash

a) of a dead person

b) washing to cleanse blood out of wounds

Now Paul uses the word for washing in vs 26 loutron:

bathing, bath, the act of bathing

Pretty much the same word, in fact it is derived from the same word John used in Rev 1:5

And Also He made them a Kings and Priests unto God !

How did He do that ? By New Birth into His Kingdom, through causing them to be born again through His resurrection from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This translates them into His Kingdom Col 1:13

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Hence they are made Kings and Priest unto God ! This Peter affirms 1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Remember Peter had wrote of this Royal Priesthood that they had been what in 1 Pet 1:3

All this was done by Christ's death, burial, and resurrection for His Church, that He Loved. The freewill of man had nothing to do with this, it was all by Christ's redemptive blood, and so as John writes Rev 1:6b

to him [Christ] be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Last edited:

beloved57

Saves from a Lost condition !

Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Couple that with Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The Church, God's Elect , those Christ died for, though by nature they are in a Lost condition, experimentally alienated from the Life of God, during which time, they are blinded by the god of this world and in unbelief 2 Cor 4:3-4

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Yes, even the elect, by nature are experimentally lost in their unbelief as others, yet they will not remain so, satan's grip on them has been defeated by Christ's work on their behalf [Lk 11:21-22] and the blindness of mind whereby they once believed not, is defeated, and Christ opens up their blind eyes, then they believe the Gospel Isa 42:7

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

When a Person believes the True Gospel, it is a evidence that they have been saved from Satan's power !

Last edited:

beloved57

Delivers From Death !

Prov 11:4

Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.

Everyone Christ died for, was made sin for, was made the Righteousness of God in Him 2 Cor 5:21

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

All those God imputed their sins to Christ, He in like fashion imputed His Righteousness unto them. By The Obedience of One, many shall be made Righteous. Rom 5:19, The Obedience spoken of in that verse, is that obedience to the Cross unto death of those He had their sins Imputed to Him !

Christ's Righteousness imputed demands Life ! Righteousness demands Life, just as sin demanded death, Righteousness imputed demands life.

That Christ's death delivers from death those He Loved and died for, is manifested by their New Birth, or some may call it regeneration or quckening Eph 2:5

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

That word quickened is the greek word syzōopoieō and means:

to make one alive together

a) of Christians, with Christ

Col 2:13

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Yes, All for whom Christ died must be and are made alive together with Him. No this was not because they repented, or had faith or any performance of theirs, because they were dead ! Read Eph 2:5 again ! The quickening took place while we were dead in sin !

Folks it is impossible for any Christ died for to remain in spiritual death experimentally or else His Death did not do it's Job, it was not effectual. It was not even as effectual as adam's act of disobedience was, which caused all for whom He represented to experience spiritual death; But Christ's Death, His act of Righteousness brings Life Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Thats the Life of Eph 2:5, that quickening together with Christ ! That Life is also called a Resurrection or a Living Jn 5:25

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

It takes a miracle for the dead to hear ! However being quickened or made alive with Christ through His Resurrection from the dead effects the New Birth of everyone Christ died and rose for 1 Pet 1:3

All of this occurs to each and Every Child of Grace because Christ's Righteousness delivers from Death ! Amen to the Glory of God !

Last edited:

beloved57

The First Resurrection !

It takes a miracle for the dead to hear ! However being quickened or made alive with Christ through His Resurrection from the dead effects the New Birth of everyone Christ died and rose for 1 Pet 1:3

The First resurrection from the Dead is the Lord Jesus Christ. The firstbegotten from the dead Col 1:18

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rev 1:5

Both of these scriptures speak to the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead !

Now Peter says by that Resurrection, those Christ died for, were begotten again unto a lively Hope !

That's because they were quickened together with Him Eph 2:5-6

Now that is what John means in the Revelation 20:6

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The first resurrection was Christ's Col 1:18; Rev 1:5 and those who were quickened together with Him, had part in the First Resurrection !

Blessed and Holy are those who took part of that Resurrection, for the second death has no power over them !

Last edited:

beloved57

Eternal Redemption

Christ through His death, accomplished Eternal Redemption for all whom He died ! Heb 9:12

12Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The us is the every son whom He tasted death in the behalf of Heb 2:9

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For all Christ died He obtained or secured or achieved their redemption forever !

Lets define the word redemption here, it is the greek word lytrōsis and means:

a ransoming, redemption

2) deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin

Scripture Truth is saying here that Christ has secured, achieved eternal deliverance from the penalty of sin for all whom He tasted death in behalf of !

And so it is never, not in a trillion years, any possibility of them being condemned for sin. to them for whom He died Rom 8:1,34

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died!

Now if any man or woman teaches that one for whom Christ died can be condemned for sin, and Christ has already been condemned for it when He died for them, they speak against Christ, they are Anti Christ, for they are anti or against the Truth of the accomplishment of His Finished work for all He died in behalf of, and propitiated the Divine Justice for ! And to whomever He obtained this Eternal Redemption for, He will reveal it to them by His Spirit Jn 16:14-15

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

That word shew is the greek word anaggellō and means:

to announce, make known

2) to report, bring back tidings, rehearse

This is a Promise to the Church, those Christ died in behalf of, yes He was speaking to His disciples, but so doing he was speaking to His Church that they were Representatives of !

So anyone, and I mean anyone, teaching that one for whom Christ died can yet be punished for their sins, they are anti Christ, and know not the Truth !

Last edited:

beloved57

It accomplished Propitiation, but for who ?

1 Jn 2:2

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The word propitiation here means:

an appeasing, propitiating

The word appeasing means:

to bring to a state of peace, quiet, ease, calm, or contentment; pacify; soothe: to appease an angry king.

Christ by His Blood alone has secured and made peace for all those He died for or is a propitiation for ! Col 1:20

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

So this peace or propitiation is not contingent upon one's Faith or one's repentance, but solely upon The Blood of His Cross. The enjoyment of it comes through God given Faith however. But the actual peace itself is an established fact with God while we are in unbelief. Our being in unbelief cannot annul with God the Peace we have with Him by the Blood of Christ, if indeed Christ died for one ! To say that peace with God[ legally] depends upon something the sinner Christ died for must do or perform, discards, makes of none effect what Christ's Blood alone established as Fact !

Now Just who did this propitiation mean for ? Was it all people without exception ? No, by no means, but for the People ! Heb 2:17

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

It was made for His Brethren, The People ! The word reconciliation here means :

to render one's self, to appease, conciliate to one's self

a) to become propitious, be placated or appeased

b) to be propitious, be gracious, be merciful

2) to expiate, make propitiation for

For the sins of the People !

In the greek the People reads with the definite article tou laou;

A specific people, namely in vs 16, the Seed of Abraham, the brethren He was made like unto !

However this Seed of Abraham, had a worldwide scope, in the Many Nations Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

You see God had made Abraham a Father [Spiritually] of many Nations, meaning the whole World, so the reason for John saying what He said in 1 Jn 2:2

He know Christ had propitiated God on behalf of all Abraham's Seed of Every Nation ! So the Propitiation is still particular for a specific People, but world wide in the scope of that People !

Last edited: