Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life from Christ !

One of the effects of the death of Christ for everyone He died for, is that through it, they He died for should live, both spiritually and eternally 1 Jn 4:9-10

So Christ through His Propitiating death gives life to the world, not a possibility of life Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world The world of the Elect or of His Sheep.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

• I like the analogy Jesus made about His death before He was crucified:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

That's the whole story of God's creation: He put a seed upon the earth (man) and it produced much fruit. He put Jesus upon the earth and His death produced sons and daughters. He always gets back more than He puts into it. He produced millions of sons and daughters and the worship they give Him is so much more than what He invested. His sacrifice is the most fruitful thing there has ever been or ever will be. We'll find out about exactly how big, wide, deep and how meaningful every portion of it is. The depths, heights, width and meanings of His Love and His Grace will be studied for eternity and never will we come to an end of finding out just how great He is.
      "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

• Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
        Life from Christ !

One of the effects of the death of Christ for everyone He died for, is that through it, they He died for should live, both spiritually and eternally 1 Jn 4:9-10

So Christ through His Propitiating death gives life to the world, not a possibility of life Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world The world of the Elect or of His Sheep.

Amen Brother, this Spiritual and Eternal Life was never an offer for any to accept or reject by their so-called freewill as false teachers maintain; but was Given to the World of God's Elect, Chosen and Loved in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:3-4. These Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23 were made Spiritually Alive / Quickened together with Christ, when He was raised from dead, meaning He gave them Life !

Eph. 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

1 Pet. 1:2-3

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Christ gives all those He died for a resurrection in this life when they are born again spiritually, which ensures them of being raised up in the Last Day John 6:39 !
        My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
        when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

Comment

• Sister Nanja

Amen Brother, this Spiritual and Eternal Life was never an offer for any to accept or reject by their so-called freewill as false teachers maintain;
          Thats correct !

;
          but was Given to the World of God's Elect, Chosen
          Yes or Sheep

Christ gives all those He died for a resurrection in this life when they are born again spiritually, which ensures them of being raised up in the Last Day John 6:39 !
          Absolutely !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

• The At one ment: What did it really accomplish?

1. The identical polus "made sinners">>>"the polus "made righteous."

2. The Heavenly Big Gulp of thanatos>>>He has swallowed thanatos in victory.

3. The "whole world" is exactly that: the hilasmos of the whole world.

Our God is the Source, Guide, Goal of ta panta

Comment

• Those Christ died for, and rose again in behalf of are never going to be condemned, and by His death alone for them it accomplished their Justification before God ! Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

The word justification here
              dikaiĆ³sis means:

the act of pronouncing righteous, acquittal
              Usage: acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

Its the very same word Paul used in Rom 5:18 for Justification of life, so Christ death for the elect resulted in their Justification of life, which the Resurrection of Christ attests to.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

• Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                Those Christ died for, and rose again in behalf of are never going to be condemned, and by His death alone for them it accomplished their Justification before God ! Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

The word justification here
                dikaiĆ³sis means:

the act of pronouncing righteous, acquittal
                Usage: acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

Its the very same word Paul used in Rom 5:18 for Justification of life, so Christ death for the elect resulted in their Justification of life, which the Resurrection of Christ attests to.

Amen, Christ's Death and Resurrection from the dead Rom. 4:25, was not only as a private individual [of Himself], but for the Justification of His Body of whom He is their Head. All God's Elect had been Chosen In Union with Him Eph. 1:4 to have forgiveness of sins and an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:7, 11; His Church whom He is Head of, and Atoned for Eph. 5:23, 25, 27. So consequently, when Christ was delivered up, so were they; and likewise were raised together with Him to Justification of Life, which Blessedly resulted in them being totally acquitted and absolved from all sin they would commit in time Rom. 4:25, and so were never under condemnation period.
                My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
                when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

Comment

Working...
                X