The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I haven't read the book and probably won't unless you con convince me it is worth reading. So answer this question for me and we'll see what happens.

Haw was this latest revelation conveyed to mankind?

Hi CabnetMaker,

No one knows or fully understands the technique by which the Urantia Papers came through the "sleeping subject" or "contact personality" between the years 1911-34...then printed in 55'. Those involved in the transactions between these celestial beings, through an otherwise ordinary and uninterested individual and the Forum in Chicago Illinois, they say that if they disclosed all that went on we would still be just as baffled. The identity of the personality through who the celestials spoke was kept secret as they did not want any "Paul" like reverence for the individual. His identity went to the grave, its the material itself that should be judged.

From the book:

Part IV
The Life and Teachings of Jesus

This group of papers was sponsored by a commission of twelve Urantia Midwayers acting under the supervision of a Melchizedek Revelatory Director. The basis of this narrative was supplied by a secondary Midwayer who was onetime assigned to the superhuman watchcare of the Apostle Andrew.
=
=
=

Paper 121

THE TIMES OF MICHAEL'S BESTOWAL

ACTING UNDER THE supervision of a commission of twelve members of the United Brotherhood of Urantia Midwayers, conjointly sponsored by the presiding head of our order and the Melchizedek of record, I am the secondary midwayer of onetime attachment to the Apostle Andrew, and I am authorized to place on record the narrative of the life transactions of Jesus of Nazareth as they were observed by my order of earth creatures, and as they were subsequently partially recorded by the human subject of my temporal guardianship. Knowing how his Master so scrupulously avoided leaving written records behind him, Andrew steadfastly refused to multiply copies of his written narrative. A similar attitude on the part of the other apostles of Jesus greatly delayed the writing of the Gospels.

=
=
=

12 [Acknowledgment: In carrying out my commission to restate the teachings and retell the doings of Jesus of Nazareth, I have drawn freely upon all sources of record and planetary information. My ruling motive has been to prepare a record which will not only be enlightening to the generation of men now living, but which may also be helpful to all future generations. From the vast store of information made available to me, I have chosen that which is best suited to the accomplishment of this purpose. As far as possible I have derived my information from purely human sources. Only when such sources failed, have I resorted to those records which are superhuman. When ideas and concepts of Jesus' life and teachings have been acceptably expressed by a human mind, I invariably gave preference to such apparently human thought patterns. Although I have sought to adjust the verbal expression the better to conform to our concept of the real meaning and the true import of the Master's life and teachings, as far as possible, I have adhered to the actual human concept and thought pattern in all my narratives. I well know that those concepts which have had origin in the human mind will prove more acceptable and helpful to all other human minds. When unable to find the necessary concepts in the human records or in human expressions, I have next resorted to the memory resources of my own order of earth creatures, the midwayers. And when that secondary source of information proved inadequate, I have unhesitatingly resorted to the superplanetary sources of information.

121:8.13 The memoranda which I have collected, and from which I have prepared this narrative of the life and teachings of Jesus—aside from the memory of the record of the Apostle Andrew—embrace thought gems and superior concepts of Jesus' teachings assembled from more than two thousand human beings who have lived on earth from the days of Jesus down to the time of the inditing of these revelations, more correctly restatements. The revelatory permission has been utilized only when the human record and human concepts failed to supply an adequate thought pattern. My revelatory commission forbade me to resort to extrahuman sources of either information or expression until such a time as I could testify that I had failed in my efforts to find the required conceptual expression in purely human sources.

121:8.14 While I, with the collaboration of my eleven associate fellow midwayers and under the supervision of the Melchizedek of record, have portrayed this narrative in accordance with my concept of its effective arrangement and in response to my choice of immediate expression, nevertheless, the majority of the ideas and even some of the effective expressions which I have thus utilized had their origin in the minds of the men of many races who have lived on earth during the intervening generations, right on down to those who are still alive at the time of this undertaking. In many ways I have served more as a collector and editor than as an original narrator. I have unhesitatingly appropriated those ideas and concepts, preferably human, which would enable me to create the most effective portraiture of Jesus' life, and which would qualify me to restate his matchless teachings in the most strikingly helpful and universally uplifting phraseology. In behalf of the Brotherhood of the United Midwayers of Urantia, I most gratefully acknowledge our indebtedness to all sources of record and concept which have been hereinafter utilized in the further elaboration of our restatement of Jesus' life on earth.]

Caino

Aimiel

By your own admission you have not read the Urantia Book, so you have no idea if the voice of the shepherd is within it.
Oh, but I do. It can't be, since it contradicts The Holy Scriptures, it contains only demonic doctrine. It throws out virtually every single sound doctrine of Christianity. The Shepherd isn't in it ANYWHERE.
It’s therefore difficult to take you seriously; you’re not reachable or teachable.
Pure presumption.
Any opinion you may have about the entire life of Christ contained within this latest revelation is someone else’s opinion and not your own.
ibid
Isn’t there an inquisition or witch burning somewhere that you should be attending?
I have to sharpen my pitchfork, first. I've got plenty of oil for my torch, though, unlike yourself. :nono:

Aimiel

A Sugar-Frosted Lie

A Sugar-Frosted Lie

From UBHoax.org's website:

The identity of the channeler was kept secret for many years by the Urantia Foundation. In fact, the board of directors took a pledge of secrecy not to reveal the human author or its means of transmission. However, in 1991 Martin Gardner identified the channeler as Wilfred Custer Kellogg, son of Rev. Charles Leonidis Sobeski Kellogg, a Seventh-day Adventist minister from Vermont. Wilfred was a shirttail relative of W. K. Kellogg, founder of the Kellogg's Cornflake Company, and also happened to be William Sadler's brother-in-law (the men had married two sisters).

Wilfred moved to Illinois when he married, and he and his wife lived for a time with Dr. and Mrs. Sadler. He was one of the founding members of the Urantia Foundation, and his home was half a block from the present headquarters of the Foundation in Chicago. He died in 1956.

The Adventist background of both Kellogg and Sadler does explain a few things. For example, it's a point of Adventist doctrine that Jesus is really Michael the Archangel.[3] Martin Gardner pointed out some other interesting parallels with Adventism, notably how the name of an Adventist friend of Kellogg, G. W. Amadon, appears as an important figure of the Urantia papers. Gardner's articles were published in the SKEPTICAL INQUIRER, Spring 1991, with significant corrections in the Fall 1991 issue. The Urantia Foundation officially has "no comment" on this matter.
-- SOURCE ARTICLE

Aimiel

Urantia = Airan AND Gnostic

Urantia = Airan AND Gnostic

Here's the introduction to another Urantia de-bunking website:

Introduction

The Urantia Book, Urantia Foundation, Urantia Fellowship, and the Urantia three concentric circle symbol above (Banner of Michael) represent a modern-day Arian/Gnostic cult. Urantia followers reject the tenets of orthodox Christianity (particularly canonicity) and thus cannot be considered "Christian" by any traditional definition.

Arian - Arianism was a movement in the early church that believed God the Father alone was God, and that Jesus was a created being - i.e., not the eternal Son of God. The teaching was attributed to Arius of Alexandria. It was declared heretical at the Council of Nicea in A.D. 325, and again at the Council of Constantinople in A.D. 381.

Gnostic - The English word "Gnostic" comes from the Greek word gnosis, which means "knowledge". Gnosticism is an ancient religion which, while altering its appearance down through history, always claims access to special or secret knowledge based on extra-biblical revelations. The Urantia Book is the extra-biblical "fifth epochal revelation," supposedly picking up where the Bible leaves off. Rightly considered a dangerous heresy, several New Testament epistles (Colossians and 1, 2, & 3 John) contain warnings against Gnosticism.
-- SOURCE ARTICLE

Clearly, the Urantia Book isn't Christianity or anything closely resembling it. God sent His Son to give us Truth, and Satan can't do anything but try to make those Truths Jesus brought us into lies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Oh, but I do. It can't be, since it contradicts The Holy Scriptures, it contains only demonic doctrine. It throws out virtually every single sound doctrine of Christianity. The Shepherd isn't in it ANYWHERE.

smile....the "holy scriptures?"

4. THE TALK WITH NATHANIEL

159:4.1 And then went Jesus over to Abila, where Nathaniel and his associates labored. Nathaniel was much bothered by some of Jesus' pronouncements which seemed to detract from the authority of the recognized Hebrew scriptures. Accordingly, on this night, after the usual period of questions and answers, Nathaniel took Jesus away from the others and asked: "Master, could you trust me to know the truth about the Scriptures? I observe that you teach us only a portion of the sacred writings—the best as I view it—and I infer that you reject the teachings of the rabbis to the effect that the words of the law are the very words of God, having been with God in heaven even before the times of Abraham and Moses. What is the truth about the Scriptures?" When Jesus heard the question of his bewildered apostle, he answered:

159:4.2 "Nathaniel, you have rightly judged; I do not regard the Scriptures as do the rabbis. I will talk with you about this matter on condition that you do not relate these things to your brethren, who are not all prepared to receive this teaching. The words of the law of Moses and the teachings of the Scriptures were not in existence before Abraham. Only in recent times have the Scriptures been gathered together as we now have them. While they contain the best of the higher thoughts and longings of the Jewish people, they also contain much that is far from being representative of the character and teachings of the Father in heaven; wherefore must I choose from among the better teachings those truths which are to be gleaned for the gospel of the kingdom.

159:4.3"These writings are the work of men, some of them holy men, others not so holy. The teachings of these books represent the views and extent of enlightenment of the times in which they had their origin. As a revelation of truth, the last are more dependable than the first. The Scriptures are faulty and altogether human in origin, but mistake not, they do constitute the best collection of religious wisdom and spiritual truth to be found in all the world at this time.

159:4.4"Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

159:4.5 "Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies—men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

159:4.6"The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

159:4.7"The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

159:4.8"Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.

159:4.9"But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scripture is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

159:4.10"But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations."

159:4.11 Nathaniel was enlightened, and shocked, by the Master's pronouncement. He long pondered this talk in the depths of his soul, but he told no man concerning this conference until after Jesus' ascension; and even then he feared to impart the full story of the Master's instruction.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Shame on those false religious teachers who would drag hungry souls back into the dim and distant past and there leave them! And so are these unfortunate persons doomed to become frightened by every new discovery, while they are discomfited by every new revelation of truth. The prophet who said, “He will be kept in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on God,” was not a mere intellectual believer in authoritative theology. This truth-knowing human had discovered God; he was not merely talking about God."

Caino

Aimiel

"God saw fit to put what He wanted us to cling to regarding eternal life into His Word. All the rest are just cheap imitations." -- Aimiel

There is nothing 'new' under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

The Scriptures represent what we need to know, and The Lord has put His Seal upon His book of Revelation. Adding to It adds the plagues written in It unto yourself.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"God saw fit to put what He wanted us to cling to regarding eternal life into His Word. All the rest are just cheap imitations." -- Aimiel

There is nothing 'new' under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

The Scriptures represent what we need to know, and The Lord has put His Seal upon His book of Revelation. Adding to It adds the plagues written in It unto yourself.

139.4.13 John was in prison several times and was banished to the Isle of Patmos for a period of four years until another emperor came to power in Rome. Had not John been tactful and sagacious, he would undoubtedly have been killed as was his more outspoken brother James. As the years passed, John, together with James the Lord’s brother, learned to practice wise conciliation when they appeared before the civil magistrates. They found that a “soft answer turns away wrath.” They also learned to represent the church as a “spiritual brotherhood devoted to the social service of mankind” rather than as “the kingdom of heaven.” They taught loving service rather than ruling power — kingdom and king.

139.4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.
=
=
=

Words eventually became fetishes, more especially those which were regarded as God's words; in this way the sacred books of many religions have become fetishistic prisons incarcerating the spiritual imagination of man. Moses' very effort against fetishes became a supreme fetish; his commandment was later used to stultify art and to retard the enjoyment and adoration of the beautiful.

88:2.7 In olden times the fetish word of authority was a fear-inspiring doctrine, the most terrible of all tyrants which enslave men. A doctrinal fetish will lead mortal man to betray himself into the clutches of bigotry, fanaticism, superstition, intolerance, and the most atrocious of barbarous cruelties. Modern respect for wisdom and truth is but the recent escape from the fetish-making tendency up to the higher levels of thinking and reasoning. Concerning the accumulated fetish writings which various religionists hold as sacred books, it is not only believed that what is in the book is true, but also that every truth is contained in the book. If one of these sacred books happens to speak of the earth as being flat, then, for long generations, otherwise sane men and women will refuse to accept positive evidence that the planet is round.

88:2.8 The practice of opening one of these sacred books to let the eye chance upon a passage, the following of which may determine important life decisions or projects, is nothing more nor less than arrant fetishism. To take an oath on a "holy book" or to swear by some object of supreme veneration is a form of refined fetishism.

88:2.9 But it does represent real evolutionary progress to advance from the fetish fear of a savage chief's fingernail trimmings to the adoration of a superb collection of letters, laws, legends, allegories, myths, poems, and chronicles which, after all, reflect the winnowed moral wisdom of many centuries, at least up to the time and event of their being assembled as a "sacred book."

88:2.10 To become fetishes, words had to be considered inspired, and the invocation of supposed divinely inspired writings led directly to the establishment of the authority of the church, while the evolution of civil forms led to the fruition of the authority of the state.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
expanding consciousness.............

expanding consciousness.............

The Urantia Book asserts that God is the "trinity of trinities."

I have not read it but familiar with it enough to suspect where a lot of its ideas came from including this accurate IMO expression of the relationship between God and Creation.

We expound on the Paradise Trinity Here. - also that thread remains our 'charter-thread' on the Papers. It remains for the open-minded and spiritually-discerning to consider the entire revelation and context in its greater cosmic vision and pertinence to mans social and spiritual evolution. It is 'epochal' in its significance, among a few of the other greater streams of light pouring into the planet for its ultimate ascension.

pj

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Joe: "Are you telling me I should come out of the closet now, Mr. Ron?"

L. Ron Hoover: "No my son! You must go into the closet..."

Joe: "What?"

L. Ron Hoover: "...And you will have...heh....a lot of fun! That's where they all live, so if you want an appliance to love you, you'll have to go in there and get you one."

Joe: "Well, that seems simple enough..."

L. Ron Hoover: "Yes, but if you want a really good one, you'll have to learn a foreign language."

Joe: "Like German, for instance?"

L. Ron Hoover: "That's right. A lot of really cute ones come from over there..."

Quoted from "A Token of My Extreme" by Frank Zappa. :noid:

Last edited:

Aimiel

139.4.13 John was in prison...
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Your quote holds no truth in it, and doesn't make a case for Urantia being the least bit revelatory. It's not light, dude, it's pure darkness.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Your quote holds no truth in it, and doesn't make a case for Urantia being the least bit revelatory. It's not light, dude, it's pure darkness.

Dude, like totally, you need to read up on the masters teaching. Its obvious that you have not read the UB nor the Bible.

NIV

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us

Mark 9:40

38"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."

39"Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40for whoever is not against us is for us.

41I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.

Caino

Aimiel

Its obvious that you have not read the UB nor the Bible. Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us
The UB is against Jesus, The Bible, God and Christians. Obviously, you're against Jesus and The Bible, if you believe that demonic doctrines in the UB have anything at all to do with God. :duh:

Nick_A

We expound on the Paradise Trinity Here. - also that thread remains our 'charter-thread' on the Papers. It remains for the open-minded and spiritually-discerning to consider the entire revelation and context in its greater cosmic vision and pertinence to mans social and spiritual evolution. It is 'epochal' in its significance, among a few of the other greater streams of light pouring into the planet for its ultimate ascension.

pj

98% of rat poison is good corn. It is that 2% that does the job. I believe I know where some of these ideas came from especially this idea of relative trinities and the cosmology being referred to but I prefer the good old fashioned explanation.

As you know whenever I read of channeling the warning lights go off for me. A lot of it sounds good but it is that 2% that nails you.

Every created thing in the universe is a "middle." A middle is what connects "As above, so below." From this perspective the above is also a middle for a higher trinity and the below is a middle for a lower trinity. The universe is a vertical cosmological structure united through lawful "middles."

Aimiel

It remains for the open-minded and spiritually-discerning to...
It's exactly them: those who are spiritually discerning, who are warning you about the darkness you're possessed by. Your 'teachings' are not light, but DARKNESS!!!

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
98% of rat poison is good corn. It is that 2% that does the job. I believe I know where some of these ideas came from especially this idea of relative trinities and the cosmology being referred to but I prefer the good old fashioned explanation.

As you know whenever I read of channeling the warning lights go off for me. A lot of it sounds good but it is that 2% that nails you.

Every created thing in the universe is a "middle." A middle is what connects "As above, so below." From this perspective the above is also a middle for a higher trinity and the below is a middle for a lower trinity. The universe is a vertical cosmological structure united through lawful "middles."

In Love there is no fear. All inspired writing is 'channeled' and subject to inspection :) - 'God' uses human vessels, minds and vehicles to share light, knowledge, truth according to man's capacity during whatever dispensation.

Life is a learning adventure and we are not alone in the Universe,

pj

Aimiel

In Love there is no fear.
If you're not afraid of death, you'll most likely fall off the nearest cliff. Fear is a necessary part of life.
All inspired writing is 'channeled' and subject to inspection
God doesn't use 'channeling' to reach anyone. Channeling is a tool of the enemy.
'God' uses human vessels, minds and vehicles to share light, knowledge, truth according to man's capacity during whatever dispensation.
He does so with His Presence, and never with the presence of a stranger speaking through a human. It just isn't done. God has never called upon anyone to channel anyone else. He speaks through prophecy, by His Spirit; but doesn't speak using witchcraft.
Life is a learning adventure and we are not alone in the Universe,
If you don't repent, you may just get an opportunity to find out how alone and lonely an eternity of suffering the torment of outer darkness can be. Repent!!!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Hope

Hope

If you're not afraid of death, you'll most likely fall off the nearest cliff. Fear is a necessary part of life.God doesn't use 'channeling' to reach anyone. Channeling is a tool of the enemy.He does so with His Presence, and never with the presence of a stranger speaking through a human. It just isn't done. God has never called upon anyone to channel anyone else. He speaks through prophecy, by His Spirit; but doesn't speak using witchcraft.If you don't repent, you may just get an opportunity to find out how alone and lonely an eternity of suffering the torment of outer darkness can be. Repent!!!

These typical knee-jerk reactions are infantile, reflecting more ignorance and religious egotism. Nothing new under the sun. Such ignorance dies hard, but can be remedied thru intellectual honesty, unbiased research and continued education. - until then, its the same ole song on 'repeat'.

'Repenting' is having another mind or changing one's mind towards a better path or higher way of thinking and being,....which only an open inquiring mind and interested spirit can assume, since it is always looking to learn more and expand consciousness. However, when the mind is shut and clogged with religious beliefs and dogmas, it is harder to break thru to the light, but it can be done.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.