Here we go again...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Months before President Trump pressed Ukraine’s newly installed leader to investigate Joe Biden’s son and allegations of interference in the 2016 U.S. election, two associates of Rudy Giuliani urged the prior Ukrainian president to announce similar probes in exchange for a state visit to Washington, according to people familiar with the matter.

A late February meeting in Kyiv between Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman and then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko took place at the offices of Ukrainian general prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko, the people said. It came soon after Messrs. Parnas and Fruman met with Mr. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, and Mr. Lutsenko in New York in late January and again in Warsaw in mid-February, Mr. Giuliani has said.
The meeting, which hasn’t previously been reported, shows associates of the U.S. president’s personal lawyer as early as February were pressing the president of Ukraine to open investigations that could benefit Mr. Trump politically in exchange for a White House visit. No White House meeting resulted from the discussions. Mr. Poroshenko lost his re-election bid to Volodymyr Zelensky, who Mr. Trump in a July call urged to investigate the Bidens, as well as other matters.

Mr. Poroshenko at the time was in a tight re-election race and had expressed interest to aides in visiting Washington. A visit to the White House could have improved his electoral chances with Ukrainian voters because it could have enhanced his stature, and he was open to the idea proposed by Mr. Giuliani’s associates, one of the people said. “He wanted to come to Washington and meet with Trump and then after the state dinner he would have an interview” with a major news outlet, the person said of Mr. Poroshenko. “Then he would say he would investigate meddling in 2016 and the Bidens.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/giulia...n-probes-11573247707?mod=cxrecs_join#cxrecs_s

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
An attorney for Giuliani says his client knows nothing of the meeting.
https://www.newsandguts.com/wsj-giu...ous-ukrainian-president-to-investigate-biden/

Give him 15 minutes and his story will change twice...

iu

“I wouldn’t cooperate with Adam Schiff,” he said. “I think he should be removed. If they remove Adam Schiff and put a neutral person in, a Democrat who hasn’t expressed an opinion — if I had a judge in the case and announced he was going to impeach, wouldn’t I move to recuse that judge.”

George Stephanopoulos, the host of the programme, pressed him: “You’re not going to cooperate?”

“I didn’t say that,” Mr Giuliani shot back. “I said I would consider it.”

Mr Giuliani then went on to say that he would only testify if Mr Trump — his client — wanted him to.
While it has been reported that Mr Giuliani and two other lawyers acted independently of the US government, he claimed on Sunday that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was aware of his efforts in Ukraine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...f-adam-schiff-impeachment-trump-a9125756.html

I suspect Giuliani is staying on, only because Trump doesn't want to be the daffiest person in the Administration.