Hillary Clinton Appears to Claim Russians ‘Grooming’ Tulsi Gabbard

drbrumley

Hillary Clinton Appears to Claim Russians ‘Grooming’ Tulsi Gabbard
to Run as Third-Party Candidate

Hillary Clinton appeared to claim in a podcast interview this week that Russians will support Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard as a third-party presidential candidate—and called Jill Stein “a Russian asset.”

Clinton made the remark on Campaign HQ with David Plouffe. “I’m not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on someone who’s currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate. She’s the favorite of the Russians,” said Clinton, apparently referring to Rep. Gabbard, who’s been accused of receiving support from Russian bots and the Russian news media. “They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.” She added: “That’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she’s also a Russian asset. Yeah, she’s a Russian asset—I mean, totally. They know they can’t win without a third-party candidate. So I don’t know who it’s going to be, but I will guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most needed.” Clinton spox Nick Merrill later clarified, when asked if Clinton was referencing Gabbard: “If the nesting doll fits.”

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The congresswoman herself later replied to Clinton, tweeting:

“Great! Thank you Hillary Clinton. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose. It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.”​

drbrumley

The congresswoman herself later replied to Clinton, tweeting:

“Great! Thank you HillaryClinton. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose. It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.”​

Good for her.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hillary:

EHKp8Y2WsAAO4nJ.png

Good for her.

170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_ae6b4cdd270c7a7f3720c0df3b07f9fb.fit-2000w.jpg

December 2015 dinner celebrating the 10th birthday of Russian TV network RT.

Stein's 2016 campaign was heavily promoted by RT. She hasn't spoken much about the RT dinner, but in an interview with NBC News last fall, she deflected questions about her appearance, instead chastising the U.S. media for not paying attention to her campaign while RT gave it a lot more attention.

"And my own connection to RT, you know ironically, it takes a Russian television station to actually be open to independent candidates in this country and that is a shame. A shameful commentary on our own media," she told NBC's Alex Seitz-Wald.

(Stein did well enough to help Russia achieve its aims. Her vote totals in the crucial states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan were all greater than Clinton's margin of defeat, and arguably denied Clinton an Electoral College victory.)

[FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]
[/FONT]
140z4ve1xnwwnx.png

Russia's propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard
Experts who track websites and social media linked to Russia have seen stirrings of a possible campaign of support for Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard.

No doubt Tulsi Gabbard is 2020's Jill Stein.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
No doubt Tulsi Gabbard is 2020's Jill Stein.

Jill Stein is a genuine progressive, as opposed to Clinton's neo-liberal, pro-war, pro military- and prison-industrial complex, big pharma, corporate Democrat.

Tulsi Gabbard is a rational anti-war Democrat. Good for her!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Jill Stein is a genuine progressive, as opposed to Clinton's neo-liberal, pro-war, pro military- and prison-industrial complex, big pharma, corporate Democrat.

Tulsi Gabbard is a rational anti-war Democrat. Good for her!

It might surprise you to hear this, but I can't outright disagree with you. There's so much to unpack there though.

However there's no doubt that Russia used Jill Stein in 2016 and will use Tulsi Gabbard in 2020.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
It might surprise you to hear this, but I can't outright disagree with you. There's so much to unpack there though.

Actually, I would have been surprised if you had disagreed. It's kind of hard to make the case that Jill Stein isn't a genuine progressive, or that Hillary Clinton isn't a fake progressive. After all, both Bill and Hillary Clinton were prominent members of the Democratic Leadership Council--an organization whose goal was to shift the Democratic Party away from the Left.

However there's no doubt that Russia used Jill Stein in 2016 and will use Tulsi Gabbard in 2020.

Of course we need to be wary of the Russian angle, but just because Russian interests may try to lend support to Jill Stein or Tulsi Gabbard doesn't automatically mean that they are bad. Likewise, if Russian interests oppose Clinton that doesn't automatically mean that she is good.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Actually, I would have been surprised if you had disagreed. It's kind of hard to make the case that Jill Stein isn't a genuine progressive

I didn't plan on making that case. :)

or that Hillary Clinton isn't a fake progressive.

You could've worded it as "it's kind of hard to make the case that Hillary Clinton isn't an establishment Democrat..."

After all, both Bill and Hillary Clinton were prominent members of the Democratic Leadership Council--an organization whose goal was to shift the Democratic Party away from the Left.

There are a lot of moderate Democrats.

Of course we need to be wary of the Russian angle, but just because Russian interests may try to lend support to Jill Stein or Tulsi Gabbard doesn't automatically mean that they are bad. Likewise, if Russian interests oppose Clinton that doesn't automatically mean that she is good.

Of course not, but Gabbard shouldn't have met with Assad, and Stein and Sanders' followers shouldn't have split the 2016 vote and both Stein and Gabbard, understanding that RT is/was boosting their candidacies, should disavow them. Stein didn't and I'll be interested to see if Gabbard does.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Gabbard shouldn't have met with Assad

“Initially I hadn’t planned on meeting him,” Gabbard told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “When the opportunity arose to meet with him, I did so, because I felt it’s important that if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, about their suffering, then we’ve got to be able to meet with anyone that we need to if there is a possibility that we could achieve peace. And that’s exactly what we talked about.” -- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/26/tulsi-gabbard-bashar-al-assad-syria-democrats

I don't see what's wrong with that.

Should the USA should do to Assad what Obama/Clinton did to Muammar Gaddafi? They took a bad situation and made it orders of magnitude worse. Libya is now a shambles, a haven for terrorists with slave trading taking place in open-air markets.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
“Initially I hadn’t planned on meeting him,” Gabbard told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “When the opportunity arose to meet with him, I did so, because I felt it’s important that if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, about their suffering, then we’ve got to be able to meet with anyone that we need to if there is a possibility that we could achieve peace. And that’s exactly what we talked about.” -- https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/26/tulsi-gabbard-bashar-al-assad-syria-democrats

I don't see what's wrong with that.

I think at the very least she used poor judgment.

Tulsi Gabbard in New Trouble Over Her Syria Jaunt
The controversial Hawaii lawmaker appears to be running afoul of House ethics rules over her trip to Syria. As if a secret meeting with a bloodthirsty dictator wasn’t bad enough.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard’s visit with Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad has already raised controversy. Now she’s in hot water yet again for failing to comply with House ethics rules. Gabbard hasn’t yet submitted the required disclosure forms which detail who paid for her trip, and who else she met while she was in Syria.

Gabbard received international attention for urging a political solution in Syria through outreach to Assad, whose government has engaged in mass violence against its own people and a documented regime of torture.

The Hawaii Democrat is required to show, in detail, where the money came from to pay for her trip, but her travel disclosures are missing the document which describes this. Gabbard lists as her sponsor a little-known group called AACCESS-Ohio, which has been in and out of existence since 1991 and does not have a functional webpage; its resources are unclear, at best. If AACCESS-Ohio received money from other sources to pay for her trip to Syria, these documents are supposed to show it.

In the face of criticism for taking the trip to Syria and meeting Assad, Gabbard said that she would be reimbursing AACCESS-Ohio for her trip to Syria last month. But the required forms would indicate if the original plan was to take funds from outside entities.

Her disclosures are also missing the required agenda that would show her schedule during the trip, which would list the various individuals she met while in Syria. Both of these documents were due in December, although Monday was the deadline for publicizing them.

Gabbard’s signature is visible in a section of the forms attesting that all her required forms are filled out, but this is not the case.

During her trip to Syria, Gabbard brought along two men, Elie and Bassam Khawam, affiliated with an anti-Semitic political party that has a history rooted in fascism. The two are officials in the Syrian Social Nationalist Party, which is currently actively engaged in the Syrian civil war on the side of the Assad regime. Until recently, Elie was listed on the SSNP’s website as the “Chief of Cross-Border Affairs.” The two also appear to be part of AACCESS-Ohio; The Guardian previously reported that Bassam Khawam was the executive director of the organization.

“Given that the known sponsor of her trip maintains relationship with the Syrian government and parties involved with the civil war, the taxpayer need assurance that these groups were not involved in financing the trip,” said Evan Barrett, a political adviser to the Coalition for a Democratic Syria, a Syrian-American opposition umbrella group. “She also did not disclose who she met with, which she’s obligated to do. But given that she’s already acknowledged meeting with a war criminal, it’s hard to imagine it getting worse.”

Should the USA should do to Assad what Obama/Clinton did to Muammar Gaddafi? They took a bad situation and made it orders of magnitude worse. Libya is now a shambles, a haven for terrorists with slave trading taking place in open-air markets.

No, and add to that Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam...

drbrumley

Yes, everyone knows by now that Hillary has lost all touch with reality.

Trump saved us from disaster.

just the thought of Hillary as president should scare the hell out of us.....

she is bad news....leaving those souls in Libya to die....her economic plans etc...bad, bad bad

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I think at the very least she used poor judgment.

What has the House Ethics Committee had to say about it? Nothing?

No, and add to that Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam...
If Hillary Clinton had her way, Syria would be Libya in all but name and location only.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What has the House Ethics Committee had to say about it? Nothing?

I don't know what the final outcome was. What about her sponsors, the people she traveled with?

Not if Hillary Clinton had her way.

But we don't know she would've had her way. She would've had a Republican Congress to block her every step of the way, right?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I don't know what the final outcome was. What about her sponsors, the people she traveled with?

The House Ethics Committee turned up nothing so far as I know.

But we don't know she would've had her way. She would've had a Republican Congress to block her every step of the way, right?

She and Obama didn't have too much opposition from the Republicans when it came to overthrowing Qaddafi, and we see what happened there. The whole lot of them were/are war mongers with blood on their hands.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Then why did the Mueller investigation come up empty?

Mueller is a Republican who helped to promote the "weapons of mass destruction" lies that got us to overthrow Saddam Hussein in Iraq. It's not surprising that his investigation of a Republican president fizzled.