Hillary Clinton Appears to Claim Russians ‘Grooming’ Tulsi Gabbard

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Yep.

Oh, so now Mueller was on Trump's side all along....

this thread is getting whackier by the post.

We know that Trump has underhanded ties with Russian interests. Need I mention Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, etc?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I doubt very much if Putin embraces Stein's ideas, but as in 2016, his goal is to increase divisiveness in American politics and Stein can be a spoiler for him as she might have been in a state or two last time around.

She doesn't have to be a committed Putin stooge to be useful to him.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The House Ethics Committee turned up nothing so far as I know.

I searched for and couldn't find anything, so I'll set it aside for now. The fact remains there were questions which required answers.

Speaking of which: again, what about her sponsors, the people she traveled with?

BTW, in trying to find a House ethics determination, I came across this which sums up my thoughts on her pretty well.

Tulsi Gabbard, the controversial, long-shot Democratic 2020 candidate, explained

She and Obama didn't have too much opposition from the Republicans when it came to overthrowing Qaddafi, and we see what happened there. The whole lot of them were/are war mongers with blood on their hands.

True. I'd say though, that GOP and Dem motivations would have been different. It doesn't redeem them, and yet it makes a difference what compelled them.

Jerry Shugart

It didn't. Whose conspiracy theory have you been listening to?

In case you didn't notice there was not a single indictment against Trump or any of those from the Trump campaign for conspiracy!

Not a single one.

Whose conspiracy theories have you been listening to? It must be the liar Adam Schiff who said that there is "ample evidence of collusion in plain sight.”

You provide evidence that the Russian Collusion Delusion continues in the minds of those who refuse to use their brains.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In case you didn't notice there was not a single indictment against Trump or any of those from the Trump campaign for conspiracy!

Not a single one.

You know why. DOJ wouldn't allow the indictment of a sitting president. Why pretend you don't already know that?

You accepted Barr's whitewashing of the report, which is why Barr got it out there ahead of Mueller. I wish Mueller hadn't let Barr control the narrative, Barr's wasn't in service to the truth but it was definitely in service to Trump.

The Special Counsel investigation uncovered extensive criminal activity

• The investigation produced 37 indictments; seven guilty pleas or convictions; and compelling evidence that the president obstructed justice on multiple occasions. Mueller also uncovered and referred 14 criminal matters to other components of the Department of Justice.
  • Trump associates repeatedly lied to investigators about their contacts with Russians, and President Trump refused to answer questions about his efforts to impede federal proceedings and influence the testimony of witnesses.
  • A statement signed by over 1,000 former federal prosecutors concluded that if any other American engaged in the same efforts to impede federal proceedings the way Trump did, they would likely be indicted for multiple charges of obstruction of justice. . .

Five episodes of obstructive conduct stand out as being particularly serious:

• [*=1]In June 2017 President Trump directed White House Counsel Don McGahn to order the firing of the Special Counsel after press reports that Mueller was investigating the President for obstruction of justice;[12] months later Trump asked McGahn to falsely refute press accounts reporting this directive and create a false paper record on this issue – all of which McGahn refused to do.[13]
    [*=1]After National Security Advisor Michael Flynn was fired in February 2017 for lying to FBI investigators about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Kislyak, Trump cleared his office for a one-on-one meeting with then-FBI Director James Comey and asked Comey to “let [Flynn] go;” he also asked then-Deputy National Security Advisor K.T. McFarland to draft an internal memo saying Trump did not direct Flynn to call Kislyak, which McFarland did not do because she did not know whether that was true.[14]
    [*=1]In July 2017, the President directed former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski to instruct the Attorney General to limit Mueller’s investigation, a step the Report asserted “was intended to prevent further investigative scrutiny of the President’s and his campaign’s conduct.”[15]
    [*=1]In 2017 and 2018, the President asked the Attorney General to “un-recuse” himself from the Mueller inquiry, actions from which a “reasonable inference” could be made that “the President believed that an unrecused Attorney General would play a protective role and could shield the President from the ongoing Russia Investigation.”[16]
    [*=1]The Report raises questions about whether the President, by and through his private attorneys, floated the possibility of pardons for the purpose of influencing the cooperation of Flynn, Manafort, and an unnamed person with law enforcement.[17]

Congress needs to continue investigating and assessing elements of the Mueller Report

• The redactions of the Mueller Report appear to conceal the extent to which the Trump campaign had advance knowledge of the release of hacked emails by WikiLeaks. For instance, redactions conceal content of discussions that the Report states occurred between Trump, Cohen, and Manafort in July 2016 shortly after Wikileaks released hacked emails;[18] the Report further notes, “Trump told Gates that more releases of damaging information would be coming,” but redacts the contextual information around that statement.[19]
  • A second issue the Report does not examine is the fact that the President was involved in conduct that was the subject of a case the Special Counsel referred to the Southern District of New York – which the Report notes “ultimately led to the conviction of Cohen in the Southern District of New York for campaign-finance offenses related to payments he said he made at the direction of the President.”[20]
  • The Report also redacts in entirety its discussion of 12 of the 14 matters Mueller referred to other law enforcement authorities.[21]
  • Further, the Report details non-cooperation with the inquiry by the President, including refusing requests by the Special Counsel for an interview; providing written responses that the Office of the Special Counsel considered “incomplete” and “imprecise” and that involved the President stating on “more than 30 occasions that he ‘does not recall’ or ‘remember’ or ‘have an independent recollection.’”[22]

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Not even a minute in, she categorizes reasonable criticism as smear tactics. No, it's reasonable criticism.

I'm curious. Is there any criticism of her that you think has merit?

P.S. (I guess you're not going to answer re: the sponsors)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Not a single one.

Since the Justice Department says that a sitting president can't be indicted, that's not a surprise. However...

President Donald Trump has, for the first time, become an unindicted co-conspirator, analysts said following the release of a sentencing memo on Friday.

Among the details in the memo, which track with reporting on the Stormy Daniels hush-money payoff, is a description of criminal behavior that includes the president, identified as Individual-1 throughout.

“During the campaign, Cohen played a central role in two similar schemes to purchase the rights to stories – each from women who claimed to have had an affair with Individual-1 – so as to suppress the stories and thereby prevent them from influencing the election. With respect to both payments, Cohen acted with the intent to influence the 2016 presidential election. Cohen coordinated his actions with one or more members of the campaign, including through meetings and phone calls, about the fact, nature, and timing of the payments. In particular, and as Cohen himself has now admitted, with respect to both payments, he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1. As a result of Cohen’s actions, neither woman spoke to the press prior to the election,” the memo reads.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/do...o-conspirator-cohen-sentencing-memo-analysis/

That's a temporary issue; when he leaves office, the indictment can be presented.

You provide evidence that the Russian Collusion Delusion continues in the minds of those who refuse to use their brains.

Ironically, it's very likely that Trump's attempt to get dirt on Joe Biden's son, will be the crime that takes him down in impeachement. Then, as Mueller documented, Trump's several attempts to obstruct the Russian investigation will be indictable.

Be patient.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Is there any criticism of her that I think has merit? I think she should be more critical of Putin. But give me the worst criticism you can find about Gabbard and I'll let you know what I think of it.

I can think of a half dozen things without even looking just based on what I know about her to this point, but I have commitments that will carry through this afternoon into late evening and a specific list will have to wait until tomorrow.

Jerry Shugart

Since the Justice Department says that a sitting president can't be indicted, that's not a surprise. However...

President Donald Trump has, for the first time, become an unindicted co-conspirator, analysts said following the release of a sentencing memo on Friday.

Why are you changing the subject from the Mueller report to something else? Trump was NOT an unindicted co-conspirator in that investigation. In fact:

Volume I of the report concludes that the investigation did not find sufficient evidence that the campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

Once again you are living proof that the Russian collusion Delusion remains alive in the thoughts of those who refuse to use their brains.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

Why are you changing the subject from the Mueller report to something else?

You probably shouldn't have changed the subject to indictments, then. No only did the Mueller report document several attempts by Trump to obstruct the investigation (which will have to wait until he leaves office), he is also an unindicted co-conspirator.

Volume I of the report concludes that the investigation did not find sufficient evidence that the campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

However, Mueller did document Trump's several attempts to obstruct the investigation. So those indictments will have to wait until he leaves office.

Once again you are living proof that the Russian collusion Delusion remains alive in the thoughts of those who refuse to admit that Trump has committed crimes in office.

Jerry Shugart

No only did the Mueller report document several attempts by Trump to obstruct the investigation (which will have to wait until he leaves office), he is also an unindicted co-conspirator.

Where did you hear that from, Adam Schiff?

You must be ignorant of the fact that Mueller's report didn't determine whether Trump had committed obstruction of justice. So it is certain that Trump was not named as an unindicted co-conspirator.

I challenge you to prove that Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator in regard to obstruction in the Mueller investigation.