The wage gap needs to be fixed

genuineoriginal

Each person, including visiting foreigners, has God-given rights, the right to Life and Liberty; to Worship, to Free Speech, to Purchase and Use Property; to Purchase, Own, and Carry Individual Defensive Weapons including Firearms; to Protect the Innocent; to Corporally Punish his Children; to Due Process of Law; and to Fail.
That is an impressive list.
Does each item on the list apply to everyone in every country, or does it only apply to the United States of America?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is an impressive list.
Does each item on the list apply to everyone in every country, or does it only apply to the United States of America?
Everyone everywhere.

They're God given, not government given

genuineoriginal

I can't do all the work for you.
You haven't done any work for yourself.

The Bible is completely silent on these supposed "god given rights".
What the Bible is not silent on is sin.

Right to life? No.
The Bible says do not murder, but also says put the murderer to death.

Right to liberty? No.
The Bible says you should not mistreat your slaves, but has no problem with people being made slaves.

Pursuit of happiness? No.
That is what the prodigal son did, and that was given as an example of what not to do.

genuineoriginal

You claim knowledge that you do not have.
No, I claim knowledge I have that you are lacking.

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

If you remain unlearned and unstable, you will only continue twisting the scriptures till your mistaken beliefs result in your own destruction.

Right Divider

Body part
No, I claim knowledge I have that you are lacking.

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

If you remain unlearned and unstable, you will only continue twisting the scriptures till your mistaken beliefs result in your own destruction.
I believe the scripture as written, so you don't scare me in the slightest.

genuineoriginal

Rights are natural, inalienable, God-given and self-evident.

Myth: Rights are natural, inalienable, God-given and self-evident.

Fact: Rights are social constructs.

Summary

Liberals believe that rights are social constructs, defended by force and open to change and improvement. Rights cannot be natural, like laws of nature, because nature enforces its laws absolutely, whereas rights are frequently broken. Rights cannot be inalienable, because governments frequently revoke rights. They cannot be God-given, because God originally blessed the rights of monarchy, genocide, polygamy, parental killing of disrespectful children, and other rights no one seriously defends today. Rights cannot be self-evident, because philosophers have been vigorously arguing over them for thousands of years.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Fact is, a person is worth what someone else is willing to pay. There is a social cost when the system is skewed so that people who don't produce anything make a lot more money than people who do produce wealth, but don't get to keep much of it.

When income disparity reaches a certain point, such societies tend to decline. It's no coincidence that extreme income disparity is happening at the same time as the next generation will be the first in a long time to be less financially successful as their parents.

It's a formula for disaster, but the answer is not to make new restrictions, it's to shut down the laws that are currently encouraging a few to amass wealth at the expense of America.

genuineoriginal

Fact is, a person is worth what someone else is willing to pay. There is a social cost when the system is skewed so that people who don't produce anything make a lot more money than people who do produce wealth, but don't get to keep much of it.
You seem to have the skewed notion that making a lot of money is different from producing wealth.
I suppose you also think that the only thing that should be measured is labor?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You seem to have the skewed notion that making a lot of money is different from producing wealth.

Yes. For example, a businessman who puts together a company that brings a useful new product into the market, is producing wealth. A person who is very good at speculation in markets, is merely making a lot of money. A CEO who loses vast amounts of money for his stockholders, but convinces the board to pay him a huge salary is making a lot of money, but not producing wealth. A very successful burglar is also making a lot of money but not producing wealth. Making a lot of money and producing wealth aren't the same thing, although it a fully open market economy, they usually would be.

I suppose you also think that the only thing that should be measured is labor?

If you include things like design, planning, leadership, and so on as labor, I suppose so. I'm noticing that many CEOs get fabulously lavish compensation,even when they damage the companies they lead. Stockholders end up losing, and often the employees do also.

There are laws that make this possible, and those need to be removed to allow market forces to determine compensation.