The wage gap needs to be fixed

genuineoriginal

GO, was their eye evil because the man was good? Is it not lawful for a man to do what he wants with his own money/things?
It would be nice to be able to do what you want with your own money and property, but this is the USA and that is becoming verboten.
In the same way, why is it wrong for someone who is talented physically to earn more money for being able to perform physical activities than someone who is not, even though they may work together?
You are suggesting a meritocracy, which leads to inequality.

Meritocracy: the great delusion that ingrains inequality

The fact is, meritocracy is a myth. Social systems that reward through wealth, and which increase inequality, don’t aid social mobility, and people pass on their privilege to their children. The Conservatives have made this situation far worse by raising the inheritance tax threshold. And their reintroduction of grammar schools would involve using extremely narrow educational measures to divide children and to privilege the already privileged (often with the help of expensive private tutors). As the geographer Danny Dorling has said, it is a system of “educational apartheid”.

It is not hard to see why people find the idea of meritocracy appealing: it carries with it the idea of moving beyond where you start in life, of creative flourishing and fairness. But all the evidence shows it is a smokescreen for inequality.

The only way to ensure equality is to take the things earned by the capable and give them to the incapable.

genuineoriginal

No, it doesn't.
The news is telling us that any wage gap means discrimination is going on.

Gender Discrimination Is at the Heart of the Wage Gap

Closing the gender wage gap will require initiatives aimed at combatting workplace discrimination. One of these is the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would increase wage transparency and provide legal protections for workers who raise concerns about gender-based wage discrimination.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It would be nice to be able to do what you want with your own money and property, but this is the USA and that is becoming verboten.

I'm actually quite astonished that you didn't recognize what I said above.

But I'll hold off on the reveal for a moment...

GO, I asked: IS IT lawful for a man to do what he wants with his own things/money?

Not: Would it be nice for a man to be able to do what he wants with his own money?

GO, could you answer the former question, and not the latter?

You are suggesting a meritocracy, which leads to inequality.

Freedom and equality are mutually exclusive.

Either the people of a nation or group are free to do what they want, or they are not free, because they are being forced to be equal in some way to their neighbor.

Meritocracy: the great delusion that ingrains inequality

The fact is, meritocracy is a myth. Social systems that reward through wealth, and which increase inequality, don’t aid social mobility, and people pass on their privilege to their children. The Conservatives have made this situation far worse by raising the inheritance tax threshold. And their reintroduction of grammar schools would involve using extremely narrow educational measures to divide children and to privilege the already privileged (often with the help of expensive private tutors). As the geographer Danny Dorling has said, it is a system of “educational apartheid”.

It is not hard to see why people find the idea of meritocracy appealing: it carries with it the idea of moving beyond where you start in life, of creative flourishing and fairness. But all the evidence shows it is a smokescreen for inequality.

See above.

The only way to ensure equality is to take the things earned by the capable and give them to the incapable.

You have yet to present a reason for why people should be forced to be equal.

And on top of that, what right do the incapable have to the things which the capable earned for themselves? The answer is none. They don't have that right.

Right Divider

Body part
The news is telling us that any wage gap means discrimination is going on.

Gender Discrimination Is at the Heart of the Wage Gap

Closing the gender wage gap will require initiatives aimed at combatting workplace discrimination. One of these is the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would increase wage transparency and provide legal protections for workers who raise concerns about gender-based wage discrimination.

"The news" is full of baloney.

genuineoriginal

I'm actually quite astonished that you didn't recognize what I said above.

But I'll hold off on the reveal for a moment...

GO, I asked: IS IT lawful for a man to do what he wants with his own things/money?

Not: Would it be nice for a man to be able to do what he wants with his own money?

GO, could you answer the former question, and not the latter?
No, I cannot answer the former question because whether something is lawful is no longer a valid question in the USA.

Is This Bank Chasing Away Conservatives?
In February 2019, the Texas Trump supporter received a letter from Chase Bank informing him that “after careful consideration,” the financial institution could “no longer support” his banking account. The notice followed a hit piece against minorities who support the president by The Daily Beast, a reliable echo chamber for the discredited Southern Poverty Law Center smear machine.

Tarrio was subsequently kicked off Chase’s payment processor, which he used to sell patriotic and pro-Trump T-shirts. Next, he was deplatformed from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Airbnb, FirstData, Square, Stripe, and PayPal before losing his bank accounts.

Was it lawful for a Trump supporter to sell pro-Trump T-shirts? Yes.
Was it lawful for Chase bank to close his bank account? Yes.
Was it lawful for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Airbnb, FirstData, Square, Stripe, and PayPal to kick him off of their platforms? Yes.

Like I said, It would be nice for a man to be able to do what he wants with his own money.
But in the USA, corporations are protected and personal property is not.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, I cannot answer the former question because whether something is lawful is no longer a valid question in the USA.

Then let me rephrase the question.

Is is morally right/acceptable for a man to do what he wants with his own money/property?

genuineoriginal

Freedom and equality are mutually exclusive.

Either the people of a nation or group are free to do what they want, or they are not free, because they are being forced to be equal in some way to their neighbor.
Yes, Freedom and equality are mutually exclusive.
The USA was founded by people who believed in freedom.
The USA is being destroyed by people who believe in equality.

You have yet to present a reason for why people should be forced to be equal.
I haven't been able to find any valid reason in the news articles that keep saying that equality is more desirable than freedom.

And on top of that, what right do the incapable have to the things which the capable earned for themselves? The answer is none. They don't have that right.
Have you noticed how "entitled" people in the USA are?

genuineoriginal

Then let me rephrase the question.

Is is morally right/acceptable for a man to do what he wants with his own money/property?
According to the Bible it is, but the USA is not very tolerant to the ideas that come from a musty old manuscript that was written by illiterate sheep herders thousands of years ago.
Spoiler
My use of the arguments by Bible haters is the opposite of my own beliefs.
I believe that the Bible is true and that the ideas that come from the Bible are much better than the garbage that is coming from the Leftists.

genuineoriginal

Only when using a bogus definition of "equality".

Equality of outcome, equality of condition, or equality of results is a political concept which is central to some political ideologies and is used regularly in political discourse, often in contrast to the term equality of opportunity. It describes a state in which people have approximately the same material wealth and income, or in which the general economic conditions of their lives are alike. Achieving equal results generally entails reducing or eliminating material inequalities between individuals or households in a society and usually involves a transfer of income or wealth from wealthier to poorer individuals, or adopting other measures to promote equality of condition.

In political philosophy, there are differing views whether equal outcomes are beneficial or not. One view is that there is a moral basis for equality of outcome, but that means to achieve such an outcome can be malevolent.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What do you think those rights are?
Each person, including visiting foreigners, has God-given rights, the right to Life and Liberty; to Worship, to Free Speech, to Purchase and Use Property; to Purchase, Own, and Carry Individual Defensive Weapons including Firearms; to Protect the Innocent; to Corporally Punish his Children; to Due Process of Law; and to Fail.