Dems Panic Over Biden-Ukraine Scandal As MSM Hits Full Spin Cycle

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
if you think think Pelosi's timing and decision were based on anything other than cold political analysis of the upcoming election, you're even more delusional than i suspected

You've been tolerating Trump's selfish, impulse-driven, reckless, mindless snap decision-making for so long, you've forgotten what deliberative leadership looks like.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Rep. John Lewis:

Today, I come with a heavy heart, deeply concerned about the future of our democracy.

People approach me everywhere I go, whether I’m traveling back and forth to Atlanta or around our country, they believe, they truly believe that our nation is descending into darkness. They never dreamed that the United States, once seen as a beacon of hope, and as an inspiration to people striving for equality and justice, would be fallen into such disgrace.

It keeps me up at night. We took an oath to protect this nation against all domestic enemies and foreign enemies. Sometimes I’m afraid to go to sleep for fear that I will wake up and our democracy will be gone, will be gone. And never returned.

Every turn this administration demonstrates complete disdain and disregard for ethics, for the law, and for the constitution. They have lied under oath, they refuse to account for their actions and appear before a legitimate body who has the constitutional right to inquire about their activities.

The people have a right to inquire, they have a right to know, the people have a right to know whether they can put their faith and trust in the outcome of our election. They have a right to know whether the cornerstone of our democracy was undermined by people sitting in the White House today. They have a right to know whether a foreign power was asked to intervene in the 2020 election. They have a right to know whether the president is using his office to line his pockets.

Mr. Speaker, the people of this nation realize that if they had committed even a half of the possible violations, the federal government would be swift to seek justice. We cannot delay. We must not wait. Now is the time to act.

I have been patient while we tried every other path, and used every other tool. We will never find the truth unless we use the power given to the House of Representatives, and the House alone, to begin an official investigation as dictated by the Constitution.

The future of our democracy is at stake. There comes a time when you have to be moved by the spirit or history to take action to protect and preserve the integrity of our nation. I believe, I truly believe, the time to begin impeachment proceedings against this president has come. To delay or to do otherwise would betray the foundation of our democracy.

drbrumley

Rep. John Lewis:

Today, I come with a heavy heart, deeply concerned about the future of our democracy.

People approach me everywhere I go, whether I’m traveling back and forth to Atlanta or around our country, they believe, they truly believe that our nation is descending into darkness. They never dreamed that the United States, once seen as a beacon of hope, and as an inspiration to people striving for equality and justice, would be fallen into such disgrace.

It keeps me up at night. We took an oath to protect this nation against all domestic enemies and foreign enemies. Sometimes I’m afraid to go to sleep for fear that I will wake up and our democracy will be gone, will be gone. And never returned.

Every turn this administration demonstrates complete disdain and disregard for ethics, for the law, and for the constitution. They have lied under oath, they refuse to account for their actions and appear before a legitimate body who has the constitutional right to inquire about their activities.

The people have a right to inquire, they have a right to know, the people have a right to know whether they can put their faith and trust in the outcome of our election. They have a right to know whether the cornerstone of our democracy was undermined by people sitting in the White House today. They have a right to know whether a foreign power was asked to intervene in the 2020 election. They have a right to know whether the president is using his office to line his pockets.

Mr. Speaker, the people of this nation realize that if they had committed even a half of the possible violations, the federal government would be swift to seek justice. We cannot delay. We must not wait. Now is the time to act.

I have been patient while we tried every other path, and used every other tool. We will never find the truth unless we use the power given to the House of Representatives, and the House alone, to begin an official investigation as dictated by the Constitution.

The future of our democracy is at stake. There comes a time when you have to be moved by the spirit or history to take action to protect and preserve the integrity of our nation. I believe, I truly believe, the time to begin impeachment proceedings against this president has come. To delay or to do otherwise would betray the foundation of our democracy.
And mr lewis is full of crap. He could care less about the constitution

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

drbrumley

Oh, I'm sure he cares more than you do. Where were you when Trump said "Then, I have an Article II, where I have to the right to do whatever I want as president?"
Nope...he doesn't.

I have blasted trump on this board before.

Where were you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Back to John Lewis, and your saying he's full of crap... the fact that's all you could bluster up about it says so much about you.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Plot twist: "RNC Calls On Biden To Release Transcripts Of Discussions He Had With Ukraine While Vice President"

Trump is corrupt but I wouldn't be shocked if Biden and son are found to be corrupt as well. If the Dems aren't careful this could backfire on them.

I don't think there will be a backfire, I think this is what Trump et al. want people to focus on because Biden is widely presumed to be the Dem frontrunner and has consistency outpolled Trump, he's a threat to Trump in 2020, thus the attempt to make something out of nothing. There's nothing there regarding Joe Biden, although there's understandable issue with Hunter being on the board of Burisma while Joe Biden was VP, but that doesn't rise to anything like the level of what Trump has done.

Here's some additional info.

Both Trump and Giuliani have alleged that Biden used the prospect of U.S. financial support to pressure the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor in 2016, because the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, was investigating the gas company Burisma, and allegedly, Hunter.

Shokin was widely believed to be soft on corruption, however, and the United States and other Western countries had called for his removal. The country's Parliament ultimately voted to remove Shokin.

Biden has taken credit for getting the prosecutor removed, boasting about it as a win for anticorruption in the country.

But there's little evidence he acted to help his son: Earlier this year, Bloomberg News, citing documents and an interview with a former Ukrainian official, reported the Burisma investigation had been dormant for more than a year by the time Biden called for the crackdown on corruption. The then-Ukrainian prosecutor general told the news agency he found no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden and his son. And PolitiFact reported it found no evidence to "support the idea that Joe Biden advocated with his son's interests in mind."

Additionally, the most recent former prosecutor general of Ukraine, Yuriy Lutsenko, told Bloomberg he had no evidence of wrongdoing by either Biden.

Other investigations into Burisma's oligarch owner, Mykola Zlochevsky, proceeded, and The New York Times reported Sunday that former associates of the vice president have said Biden did not try to stop them.

Also:

Trump Twists Facts on Biden and Ukraine

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Former Ukraine prosecutor says Hunter Biden 'did not violate anything’

Andrew Bates
@AndrewBatesNC

NEW: The former top Ukrainian prosecutor "whose allegations were at the heart of the dirt-digging effort by Rudolph W. Giuliani" says Hunter Biden "did not violate anything."

Per the whistleblower complaint, this is the prosecutor who *Trump* praised. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/former-ukraine-prosecutor-says-hunter-biden-did-not-violate-anything/2019/09/26/48801f66-e068-11e9-be7f-4cc85017c36f_story.html …

What makes this interesting:

According to the complaint, Trump in the call "praised Ukraine’s Prosecutor General, Mr. Yuriy Lutsenko, and suggested that Mr. Zelenskyy might want to keep him in his position.”

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Gary K

Banned
Hundreds of documents conflict with the walking gaffe's statements as to what went on in the Ukraine.

Hundreds of pages of never-released memos and documents conflict with a story that former Vice President Joe Biden has been telling about him pressuring Ukraine to fire its chief prosecutor because he was corrupt, and not because the prosecutor was investigating a company that hired his son, according to a report.

The Hill‘s John Solomon is reporting that the documents — many from the American legal team that helped the company, Burisma Holdings, try to stave off its legal troubles — raise the “troubling prospect” that U.S. officials may have “painted a false picture in Ukraine that helped “ease Burisma’s legal troubles and stop prosecutors’ plans to interview” Biden’s son Hunter during the 2016 presidential elections.

Solomon reported that, for instance, an official Ukrainian government memo shows that Burisma’s American legal representatives met with Ukrainian officials just days after Biden forced the firing of the chief prosecutor and offered “an apology for dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures” about Ukrainian prosecutors.

The rest of the article can be found at the following link.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elec...ccount-of-why-ukrainian-prosecutor-was-fired/

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
"Look at what Biden did." The public's not buying it. But Trump's attempt to use a foreign power to influence the U.S. election will probably get him impeached. Presently, half of all voters think he needs to be impeached.

Late last week, an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll found a plurality of Americans expressing support for congressional Democrats’ decision to start an impeachment inquiry into Trump. A new CNN poll found very similar results.

As for Quinnipiac, just last week, it found 37% of Americans endorsing Trump’s impeachment and removal from office, while 57% disagreed. The results are quite different now.

American voters are divided on impeaching and removing President Trump from office, 47 - 47 percent - closing a 20-point gap from less than a week ago, according to a Quinnipiac University Poll released today. In the poll released on September 25th, voters said that the president should not be impeached and removed 57 - 37 percent. […]

While voters are split on impeaching and removing President Trump from office, a slim majority of registered voters do approve of the impeachment inquiry opened by the U.S. House of Representatives 52 - 45 percent. Approval includes half of independents, who are split 50 - 45 percent on the inquiry.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/scandal-intensifies-attitudes-trumps-impeachment-shift-quickly

This is pretty much what we saw in the Nixon case. The whistle-blower seems to have been the tipping point.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Good

Let's get rolling with a Pence presidency and re-criminalize homosexuality. :thumb:

drbrumley

"Look at what Biden did." The public's not buying it. But Trump's attempt to use a foreign power to influence the U.S. election will probably get him impeached. Presently, half of all voters think he needs to be impeached.

Late last week, an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll found a plurality of Americans expressing support for congressional Democrats’ decision to start an impeachment inquiry into Trump. A new CNN poll found very similar results.

As for Quinnipiac, just last week, it found 37% of Americans endorsing Trump’s impeachment and removal from office, while 57% disagreed. The results are quite different now.

American voters are divided on impeaching and removing President Trump from office, 47 - 47 percent - closing a 20-point gap from less than a week ago, according to a Quinnipiac University Poll released today. In the poll released on September 25th, voters said that the president should not be impeached and removed 57 - 37 percent. […]

While voters are split on impeaching and removing President Trump from office, a slim majority of registered voters do approve of the impeachment inquiry opened by the U.S. House of Representatives 52 - 45 percent. Approval includes half of independents, who are split 50 - 45 percent on the inquiry.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/scandal-intensifies-attitudes-trumps-impeachment-shift-quickly

This is pretty much what we saw in the Nixon case. The whistle-blower seems to have been the tipping point.
Lol. There is enough evidence on Biden now that we know he will not see the nomination. So the public is buying it. You need better sources.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Lol. There is enough evidence on Biden now that we know he will not see the nomination.

So far, the evidence is that Trump tweets a lot about it. Even Fox now admits there's no evidence Biden or his son did anything wrong. The day after Trump tried to get some buzz on his story, "Fox and Friends" had a program on Maple Syrup. Which gives you some idea of how badly that fell.

Then we discover that Trump's accusations against Biden's son were dismissed by the Ukrainian prosecutor before Biden added the U.S. to the number of allies who were urging the prosecutor to be dismissed. Biden is now slightly up from where he was three months ago, to give you some idea of how Trump's story is playing.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html#!

Apparently, Trump has told his people that Biden will easily beat him, if they can't find a way to stop him. So his people are out there, flacking the story, even if it's not working so well.

So the public is buying it.

RCP uses the sum of major polls to get their numbers. And as you see, the story's not playing so well with Americans.

You need better sources.

RCP's final numbers came within 1% of the actual vote in 2016. And accurately called the Blue Wave in 2018. So it seems pretty good to me.