X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by User Name View Post
    Add Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress to the crackpot list:
    Add hundreds of leftist news people — but I repeat myself — to the list:

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
      This happened with Nixon, too. I remember people writing op-eds, claiming that the military would step in and restore Nixon if he was impeached.

These lunatics are dangerous in the same way the occasional Wal-Mart shooter is dangerous, but they won't shake the republic.
      Thanks for the info. Nixon was a bit before my time. I'm not surprised that history is repeating itself. That's what happens when we are ignorant of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
        A "Civil War like fracture" eh?

Funny - nobody's reporting that red part.
        It's mostly symbolic blather, until some mentally ill person with a gun takes it literally.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
          A "Civil War like fracture" eh?

Funny - nobody's reporting that red part.

What Robert Jeffress meant when he said removing Trump would cause 'Civil War-like fracture'

Robert Jeffress ... went on the Fox News Channel on Sunday night and fretted that "if the Democrats are successful in removing the president from office, I'm afraid it will cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which this country will never heal."

Over the phone, Jeffress said in that genial tone that always suggests it's you, not him, "I was very precise in the language I used. I was not advocating or predicting an actual civil war if Trump is removed. What I said was such removal would cause a fracture in our country like our country experienced after the Civil War. The Civil War ended 160 years ago, and yet the wounds did not completely heal, and I think if you remove a president for the first time in history — a president who received 63 million votes — it will have the same kind of long-lasting impact."

Jeffress insisted, repeatedly, he was not attempting to incite or "advocate violence"; that, he said, "would be irresponsible." If you try to argue otherwise, "you're either dumb or dishonest," Jeffress said. "Either words mean something or they don't. If they say I am calling for a civil war, they are lying. They are pulling something out of the air."

Learn to read what is written.

_____
          The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
          ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post

What Robert Jeffress meant when he said removing Trump would cause 'Civil War-like fracture'

Jeffress insisted, repeatedly, he was not attempting to incite or "advocate violence"; that, he said, "would be irresponsible." If you try to argue otherwise, "you're either dumb or dishonest," Jeffress said. "Either words mean something or they don't. If they say I am calling for a civil war, they are lying. They are pulling something out of the air."

It's like Donald Trump, with his rhetoric of an "invasion" at the boarder. A true invasion is an act of war. People like Trump use hot-button terms to get their base ginned up. And then some nut with a gun goes to a Walmart parking lot and kills a couple dozen people because of it. Talk of "civil war" can have similar impact. The crazies take terminology like that and run amok with it.

Comment

It's like Donald Trump, with his rhetoric of an "invasion" at the boarder. A true invasion is an act of war. People like Trump use hot-button terms to get their base ginned up. And then some nut with a gun goes to a Walmart parking lot and kills a couple dozen people because of it. Talk of "civil war" can have similar impact. The crazies take terminology like that and run amok with it.
              So, Leftists have problems understanding the difference between "would cause a fracture in our country like our country experienced after the Civil War" and "would cause Civil War"?
              I guess that explains how a Leftist fascist group chose the name "Antifa" (anti-fascist).
              The crazies on the Left often run amok.
              Learn to read what is written.

_____
              The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
              ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

...rhetoric ...
                https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...d-of-civil-war

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/...r-13257556.php

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...war-2018-11-07

Mines concluded that the United States faces a 60 percent chance of civil war over the next 10 to 15 years. Other experts’ predictions ranged from 5 percent to 95 percent. The sobering consensus was 35 percent.

E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

As more facts emerge, more people want Trump removed. Presently, there's a plurality (46% to 45%) to have him removed from office. As time goes on and Trump continues to flail, for example, soliciting China's help in getting dirt on his opponents, it's likely to get worse for him.
                  This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                    As more facts emerge, more people want Trump removed. Presently, there's a plurality (46% to 45%) to have him removed from office. As time goes on and Trump continues to flail, for example, soliciting China's help in getting dirt on his opponents, it's likely to get worse for him.
                    They'll have their shot next year.
                    E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

This "Christian prophet " belongs in a padded cell in a mental institution wrapped in a straight jacket ! Lunatics like this give Christianity a bad name !

Comment

Working...
                      X