Trump: Racist Firestorm

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Donald Trump is now being called a racist,well we know he really is not such a raciest, but he is against poor people, especially immigrants.

It is poor immigrant he dislikes. He believes that poor immigrants will lower the average wealth in the USA.

He does not like cultural differences.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Ironic that the families of some of those people Trump attacked have been Americans longer than his family has.

His grandfather was deported from Germany for draft-dodging, and used Trump's dad as an anchor baby.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Gary K

Banned
Donald Trump is now being called a racist,well we know he really is not such a raciest, but he is against poor people, especially immigrants.

It is poor immigrant he dislikes. He believes that poor immigrants will lower the average wealth in the USA.

Now there is the making of the Alps out of the mound around a sugar ant's nest.

iu

iu

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
On Memorial Day 1927, brawls erupted in New York led by sympathisers of the Italian fascist movement and the Ku Klux Klan. In the fascist brawl, which took place in the Bronx, two Italian men were killed by anti-fascists. In Queens, 1,000 white-robed Klansmen marched through the Jamaica neighbourhood, eventually spurring an all-out brawl in which seven men were arrested.

One of those arrested was Fred Trump of 175-24 Devonshire Road in Jamaica.

This is Donald Trump's father. Trump had a brother named Fred, but he wasn't born until more than a decade later. The Fred Trump at Devonshire Road was the Fred C. Trump who lived there with his mother, according to the 1930 Census.

The predication for the Klan to march, according to a flier passed around Jamaica beforehand, was that “Native-born Protestant Americans” were being “assaulted by Roman Catholic police of New York City.” “Liberty and Democracy have been trampled upon,” it continued, “when native-born Protestant Americans dare to organise to protect one flag, the American flag; one school, the public school; and one language, the English language.”

It's not clear from the context what role Fred Trump played in the brawl. The news article simply notes that seven men were arrested in the “near-riot of the parade,” all of whom were represented by the same lawyers. Update: A contemporaneous article from the Daily Star notes that Trump was detained “on a charge of refusing to disperse from a parade when ordered to do so.”

When news of the old report surfaced last year, Donald Trump vehemently denied his father's arrest. “He was never arrested. He has nothing to do with this. This never happened. This is nonsense and it never happened,” he said to the Daily Mail. “This never happened. Never took place. He was never arrested, never convicted, never even charged. It's a completely false, ridiculous story. He was never there! It never happened. Never took place.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-kkk-rally-riot-queens-new-york-a7891701.html

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Gary K

Banned
No, the apple stays close to the tree for it was the Democrats who were the ones resorting to violence and it is still that way. The Democrats are totalitarians and have a long history of using totalitarian tactics.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No, the apple stays close to the tree for it was the Democrats who were the ones resorting to violence and it is still that way. The Democrats are totalitarians and have a long history of using totalitarian tactics.

Sounds like a testable claim. Let's take a look...

According to FBI data, 150 Americans were arrested for planning to engage in acts of domestic terrorism in 2017, compared to 110 international suspects; in 2018, the ratio was 120 to 100. An FBI official claims that the decrease in the arrests of potential terrorists inspired by ISIS or Al-Qaeda in 2018 can be attributed to a growing number of Americans attempting to join the Islamic State abroad.
The bureau investigates thousands of Americans for charges related to terrorism every year, though, as the Post notes, the public only is aware of dozens of the high-profile suspects charged with violent crimes, or the plans to carry them out. “Sometimes, it’s the violence that motivates someone more than any particular ideology,” an FBI official told the Post. It’s a theory that certainly applies to the most recent high-profile case of domestic terror: Coast Guard Lieutenant Christopher Hasson, who was arrested for stockpiling weapons for a domestic terror plot targeting journalists and politicians, including Chris Hayes, Ilhan Omar, and much of the 2020 Democratic field.
The rise in domestic terrorism — as profiled in a captivating New York Times Magazine report from 2018 — is largely driven by an uptick in far-right extremism. Of the 263 acts of domestic terrorism that occurred between 2010 and the end of 2017, 92, around a third, were committed by Americans on the far right. “If you have politicians saying things like our nation is under attack, that there are these marauding bands of immigrants coming into the country, that plays into this right-wing narrative,” Gary LaFree, a criminologist at the University of Maryland, told the Post. “They begin to think it’s okay to use violence.”
With the increase in right-wing terrorism has also come an increase in hate crimes: FBI statistics show that these acts have been growing for the past three years. Anti-Semitic attacks are driving the increase of hate crimes in New York City, which, in February, were up 72 percent compared to that month last year.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...ll-greater-threat-than-islamic-extremism.html

So you have it 180 degrees off. Democrats are the targets of right wing extremism, which is now America's biggest terrorist threat.

Donald Trump's dad (an anchor baby for his dad) was arrested at a klan riot for refusing to disperse. Trump's wife, mother, and grandfather were not Americans, but came here from other nations. And yet he spews his racist hatred for others like him, because they are now also governing.

If he doesn't like it, the same port that brought in his family is still open.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Basically, Trump is an equal opportunity bigot . He hates everyone but himself . He doesn't even love his own family , but just uses them for his own selfish purposes . Ditto with his alleged "friends ".
But he absolutely LOOOOVES himself , and the only deity he worships is himself . What a pathetic human being .

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, I think he's a little racist too, Kat. Not a sheet wearing, get a rope sort, mind you. More like the fellow who can believe he won't get a fair shake from a judge singularly because that judge has Mexican ancestry.

He wasn't really making that distinction when he wanted to give preference to European immigrants though.

I think that's most of it. I think he's more comfortable with the like and less with the other, unless that other is in some way that's meaningful to him, like him. So you could be a black doctor and he'd be okay with you, though I'd bet my last dollar that his personal physician wouldn't and never has been black.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I think he's a little racist too, Kat. Not a sheet wearing, get a rope sort, mind you.

Wellll, I would go with extremely racist. Central Park Five. Birtherism. Fine people on both sides. Leading and encouraging chants of “send them back” towards four congresswomen of color. ... three of whom were born in America. Kidnapping and jailing children of color.

Shame on all of his enablers in the GOP.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wellll, I would go with extremely racist. Central Park Five. Birtherism. Fine people on both sides. Leading and encouraging chants of “send them back” towards four congresswomen of color. ... three of whom were born in America. Kidnapping and jailing children of color.

Shame on all of his enablers in the GOP.
The distinction I was shooting for is between the fellow who is bigoted against the other and people who hate. I don't believe he hates people of color, I just think he lacks identity or empathy unless they go to some lengths to appear less "other" to him. I don't believe he wants to hurt people because of their color, but that he's indifferent to the hurt he causes them serving his agenda, which isn't about them at all.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The distinction I was shooting for is between the fellow who is bigoted against the other and people who hate. I don't believe he hates people of color, I just think he lacks identity or empathy unless they go to some lengths to appear less "other" to him. I don't believe he wants to hurt people because of their color, but that he's indifferent to the hurt he causes them serving his agenda, which isn't about them at all.

I had a history teacher who once said that it takes a certain minimum amount of intelligence to be a racist. Trump might be a case in point. He's likely not deep enough to have an ideology more complex than "what's in it for me?"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

We will just have to agree to disagree. I believe he takes great joy in harming and ruining others, including the children who are locked in cages.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well, I think he's a little racist too, Kat. Not a sheet wearing, get a rope sort, mind you. More like the fellow who can believe he won't get a fair shake from a judge singularly because that judge has Mexican ancestry.

He wasn't really making that distinction when he wanted to give preference to European immigrants though.

I think that's most of it. I think he's more comfortable with the like and less with the other, unless that other is in some way that's meaningful to him, like him. So you could be a black doctor and he'd be okay with you, though I'd bet my last dollar that his personal physician wouldn't and never has been black.
Maybe. I think it is more a blend of poor with black, brown, red and sometimes yellow.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Donald should take it up with this lady:

685207cb98c762555d624fbce43ee623.jpg

Regarding racism: Should I mention that Donald Trump was endorsed by the official newspaper of the KKK, the leader of the American Nazi Party and the white supremacist Alt Right (and former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke)?

Evidently they liked what Donald Trump had to say.