Trump: Racist Firestorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quip View Post
    Their endorsement for him doesn't imply his endorsement of them?
    That is correct.
    Trump does not endorse White Supremacists, despite White Supremacists supporting Trump.

-SPECIFICALLY- give us Trump quotes that illustrates the implication above to be false.
    "You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay?"
    ~ Donald Trump 08/15/2017
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
      That is correct.
      Trump does not endorse White Supremacists, despite White Supremacists supporting Trump.

"You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay?"
      ~ Donald Trump 08/15/2017
      You're apparently not one for picking up on subtle nuance I see. I'll bluntly refer you to post #27.
      _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Comment

You're apparently not one for picking up on subtle nuance I see. I'll bluntly refer you to post #27.
        Stop drinking the Fake News koolaid.

_____
        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

You're correct, Trump is - technically - not a racist...rather he poli-plays to and fro upon that line. His positions and policies toy with their ideals. So, if not a full fledged racist (in pure logical terms) what exactly does that make him?
          Your misinterpretation of Trump's motives for his positions and policies makes you a racist, but it does not make Trump a racist.

Donald Trump's no racist, as past acts and presidential record prove

Donald Trump is no racist.

The president is honest and doesn’t parse his words, like most politicians, and that drives the media crazy. But his honesty is refreshing, and he is usually right, if not always diplomatic.

African American and Hispanic unemployment under his presidency is the lowest it has been in 60 years. The president pushed through criminal justice reform and has created empowerment zones that help economically distressed communities — and their poorer residents — through tax incentives and grants. In short, he has done more for minorities in three years than President Obama did in eight, and he deserves credit instead of rebuke.

_____
          ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Stop drinking the Fake News koolaid.
            Using a Trumpism to defend Trumpism.
            A classic response.
            _/\_

Comment

Your misinterpretation of Trump's motives for his positions and policies makes you a racist, but it does not make Trump a racist.

Donald Trump's no racist, as past acts and presidential record prove

Donald Trump is no racist.

The president is honest and doesn’t parse his words, like most politicians, and that drives the media crazy. But his honesty is refreshing, and he is usually right, if not always diplomatic.

African American and Hispanic unemployment under his presidency is the lowest it has been in 60 years. The president pushed through criminal justice reform and has created empowerment zones that help economically distressed communities — and their poorer residents — through tax incentives and grants. In short, he has done more for minorities in three years than President Obama did in eight, and he deserves credit instead of rebuke.

A rather callow spin on the issue if I've ever heard one.

Tag! You're IT!
              _/\_

Comment

President Donald Trump tweeted an independently produced video touting his record on Wednesday that included a distinctive lion logo linked to an anti-Semitic and white nationalist site.

The logo — a red, white and blue image of a lion surrounded by stars reportedly representing the “original colonies” that voted for Trump in the GOP primaries — has been used by VDare.com, which the Southern Poverty Law Center characterizes as an anti-immigrant hate group. VDare’s anti-Semitic slurs were linked to in a daily Department of Justice news briefing sent earlier this month to immigration judges. VDare has since been booted from YouTube.

The Justice Department blamed a contractor for sending the VDare link in the newsletter and said it should not have been included. “The Department of Justice condemns Anti-Semitism and white nationalism in the strongest terms,” said Kathryn Mattingly, a spokesperson for the department’s Executive Office of Immigration Review, which is responsible for arranging the briefings.

The lion logo has also been posted by a Dutch white supremacist whose Twitter account was suspended, Mediaite reported.

Now Trump has tweeted the video with the logo over the words: “Trump Pence Keep America Great.” Trump noted at the top of the video: “Thank you for the support as we MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/vdare...b02bc6bb36d6fe
                This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Originally posted by aCultureWarrior View Post

...Regarding racism: Should I mention that Donald Trump was endorsed by the official newspaper of the KKK, the leader of the American Nazi Party and the white supremacist Alt Right (and former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke)?

Evidently they liked what Donald Trump had to say.
                  They weren't listening to what Donald Trump was saying, they liked what the Fake News was saying about Trump.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7392801.html
                  The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
                  http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
                  http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Comment

Well, that proves it

He's racist

Weren't you guys gonna impeach him anyway?

Comment

You can't fool all of the people all of the time...

Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016

“Anti-black” voters used to be the more politically engaged group in 2016. A new poll shows that’s not the case anymore.

The poll, which surveyed 4,436 US adults from July 17 to 22 with a credibility interval of 2 percentage points, asked “respondents to rate people of different races on a series of personality traits,” such as intelligence, work ethic, and lawfulness, among others. It used these answers to determine whether the person answering was anti-black, pro-black, or neutral. It then looked at how these people answered questions about their interest in voting in the 2020 presidential election, and compared the results to similar polls held between 2016 and 2018.

A potential explanation for this phenomenon: White Americans experience less racial anxiety under Trump.

Racial anxiety, which peaked during President Barack Obama’s administration, began to simmer down as Trump promoted a “restoration of a white identity that they previously had felt was under attack,” Ithaca College professor Paula Ioanide told Reuters. This can be seen in the dropping number of respondents who said that “white people are currently under attack in this country”: 17 percent of white people strongly agreed in the Reuters/Ipsos poll, which is a 6-point drop from 2017, as did 26 percent of white Republicans, an 8-point drop from 2017.

A similar trend could be seen in the percentage of people who said that “America must protect and preserve its White European heritage”: 29 percent of white Americans agreed, which is a 7-point drop from a 2017 Reuters/Ipsos poll and a 9-point drop from a 2018 Reuters/Ipsos poll.

But the same rhetoric that may be validating some white Americans could also be energizing Democratic voters, University of California Irvine political science professor Michael Tesler told Reuters.

“They may not care that much about race initially, and then they see Trump pushing on race so hard,” he said. “And so they push back.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/20/208125...rs-racism-2020

Comment

Surely this must be grounds for impeachment, um?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                          Wellll, I would go with extremely racist. Central Park Five. Birtherism. Fine people on both sides. Leading and encouraging chants of “send them back” towards four congresswomen of color. ... three of whom were born in America. Kidnapping and jailing children of color.

Shame on all of his enablers in the GOP.

Given the choice between voting for the criminal Hillary Clinton and the "extreme racist", I'd vote for the racist any day

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                            Given the choice between voting for the criminal Hillary Clinton and the "extreme racist", I'd vote for the racist any day
                            Was that supposed to be informative or insightful?
                            _/\_

Comment

I've heard worse excuses for being a racist.

But not many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                                I've heard worse excuses for being a racist.

But not many of them.

Barbarian
                                Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                                E≈mc2
                                "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                                -Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                                X